Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[JDDC]Video & None-Video Tutorial Archive [Request Videos in this thread]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

Brief overview and how I will credit:
This is a video tutorial archive I'm creating, I'll be expanding it as and when I've recorded and uploaded videos! These videos will be categorized in different difficulties and sections.

All tools and translations needed for each tutorial will be provided/linked. With all credit of course to the original source (for that is where I shall point you to, to download the tool) (If the Original source download is broken I shall upload my version of the tool and provide a download link, with credit still applicable. Credit shall also be given within the videos.)

Difficulty range:
Novice -Absolutely no prior information needed to be able to replicate what I have done in the tutorial video.
Intermediate - Some prior knowledge required, the prior knowledge required will have been covered in a previous video (Prior knowledge video will be linked in the description)
Advanced - You will need to know a lot of prior knowledge before being able to replicate that of which I have done in the video.

Even the Tutorials marked as "Advanced" will be taught as if you have no knowledge at all other than that required. (E.g. If i'm doing a video about an Elements.data editor and how to use it to change exp rates. You need to have prior knowledge of how to open, navigate and save the Elements.data editor, which will not be repeated in the new video, a link to the video containing this information will be in the description under "Required Information")

Any work that has no specific credit please regard as my own. For example there are a few tools which I have translated myself :)

Video Archive
Elements.data Editor

Video 1 -
Difficulty: Novice
Required Tools: Element.data Editor (Credit to Comper) <-Link
Required Files: You will need the elements.data file, found in the GameDirectory -> Element -> data folder. (For Clients) and the homeDirectory -> JDServerDirectory-> gamed -> config folder. (For Servers)
Translation of Add,Subtract,Multiply,Divide, Replace:
Difficulty: Intermediate
Required Files: You will need the elements.data file, found in the GameDirectory -> Element -> data folder. (For Clients) and the homeDirectory -> JDServerDirectory-> gamed -> config folder. (For Servers)

NPCGen.data Editor

Video 1 -

Required Tools:
NPCGen.data Editor (Credit to 9uucp and OMGOMGx2) <-Link
Required Files:
You will need the npcgen.data file for the map you wish to edit. The map folders can be found server side in the: homeDirectory -> JDServerDirectory -> gamed -> config folder -> map you wish to edit
Tool Translation:

Difficulty: [/COLOR]Novice
Require Tools:
Any FTP Program or NotePad software. Recommended: WinSCP ( ), NotePad++( )
Required Files:
Judgement Patcher, Available Here.(Credit to mrosenov) also
Side Note:
You must have a webserver(often opt/lampp/lampp) and a game client also.

Tutorial Archive

Novice/Beginner:
Event Triggers (Create Creature Builder function of GM Console) -Credit to GMLucifer
Development Tutorial - Credit to Perryl
How to get a Character ID -Credit to GMLucifer

Intermediate:
Adding custom Weapons -Credit to Pronetix (Use the elements.data editor in Video1 instead of JadeEditor)

Advanced:
Adding Maps -Credit to Henmoro(Rose)
PvP rank Kill Counter -Credit to comper
How to create a server with VMWare -Credit to Amr Easa

If you would like any specific tutorials doing and they are within my knowledge and capability I'll happily do them. Feel free to post below or private message.

I won't release any information privately, only publicly. So if you want the rare info kept secret but shared with you, nope :)

As always! Have fun!!

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [JDDC]Video & None-Video Tutorial Archive [New Video]

This elements editor DOES work for 1317 + but it is missing sections. In 1317 there are more sections, I have another editor that shows them, but there is issues with getting that to work too.
I tried to do an overview video but it ended up being over an hour long, lol. That's why I'm doing it in sections now. Might take another month to have the whole thing done.

That error was letting you know that some of the edits you did would cause xp to be over the 32 bit integer. If you edit your xp over the 32 bit integer then the server will not start. There are about 50ish mobs that go over when you multiply xp, even over 100.

I didn't know the replace button, that will be useful to me. You didn't cover the first button or the one to the left of replace, or even the one to the right of replace. I'm assuming it's because you don't know what they do. While I have no idea what the 6th or 8th button does, the first one is "set" which just sets the field you choose to the number you enter into the editing field.

When you accidentally delete something you can easily import it from the file by opening a second instance of the el editor and using the next field of buttons. The field you didn't cover.

Decent tutorial overall. I learned something. Thanks.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

This elements editor DOES work for 1317 + but it is missing sections. In 1317 there are more sections, I have another editor that shows them, but there is issues with getting that to work too.
I tried to do an overview video but it ended up being over an hour long, lol. That's why I'm doing it in sections now. Might take another month to have the whole thing done.

Gimme more info about it so i can get it work properly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

That error was letting you know that some of the edits you did would cause xp to be over the 32 bit integer. If you edit your xp over the 32 bit integer then the server will not start. There are about 50ish mobs that go over when you multiply xp, even over 100.

I didn't know the replace button, that will be useful to me. You didn't cover the first button or the one to the left of replace, or even the one to the right of replace. I'm assuming it's because you don't know what they do. While I have no idea what the 6th or 8th button does, the first one is "set" which just sets the field you choose to the number you enter into the editing field.

When you accidentally delete something you can easily import it from the file by opening a second instance of the el editor and using the next field of buttons. The field you didn't cover.

Thank you for the feedback!

There certainly are a lot of things I don't know about this editor hehe!
I will be sure to do an up to date video explaining more of the basics, and importing & exporting.
(and I'll be sure to credit yourself for taking the time to explain that I could fix an accidental delete with import/export) :)

I've added a little annotation correcting myself on the youtube video regarding the 32bit integer and given credit to Perryl!
Annotation at: 7:43:00 Min:Sec:MilSec

:p

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [JDDC]Video & None-Video Tutorial Archive [NpcGenVid Added]

This is awesome! Kudos to you and Perryl for taking the time to do these Tut videos. Im sure everyone appreciates it. Thank you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Using server files: 1264 with fully working voida and instances
Client version: 437
I have an issue with elements.data after saving whenever i try to open the client it gives an error
Issue occurs only client side tho cuz server starts and stats work even tho they're hidden/invisible.

GMLucifer - [JDDC]Video & None-Video Tutorial Archive [Request Videos in this thread] - RaGEZONE Forums

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. thanks.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In the new year, I'll be updating, recording and adding more videos and tutorials to this archive.
PM me with things you'd like to know (Or post below) and if I know how, I'll show how :)

Using server files: 1264 with fully working voida and instances
Client version: 437
I have an issue with elements.data after saving whenever i try to open the client it gives an error
Issue occurs only client side tho cuz server starts and stats work even tho they're hidden/invisible.

GMLucifer - [JDDC]Video & None-Video Tutorial Archive [Request Videos in this thread] - RaGEZONE Forums

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. thanks.

I think you're using an uncracked client.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for double post.
Bump.
Added Patcher Tutorial video.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Using server files: 1264 Client version: 437
Do you by any chance know why the client keeps saying server update in progress please patch and try again

Any suggestions would be great. thanks

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

Brief overview and how I will credit:
This is a video tutorial archive I'm creating, I'll be expanding it as and when I've recorded and uploaded videos! These videos will be categorized in different difficulties and sections.

All tools and translations needed for each tutorial will be provided/linked. With all credit of course to the original source (for that is where I shall point you to, to download the tool) (If the Original source download is broken I shall upload my version of the tool and provide a download link, with credit still applicable. Credit shall also be given within the videos.)

Difficulty range:
Novice -Absolutely no prior information needed to be able to replicate what I have done in the tutorial video.
Intermediate - Some prior knowledge required, the prior knowledge required will have been covered in a previous video (Prior knowledge video will be linked in the description)
Advanced - You will need to know a lot of prior knowledge before being able to replicate that of which I have done in the video.

Even the Tutorials marked as "Advanced" will be taught as if you have no knowledge at all other than that required. (E.g. If i'm doing a video about an Elements.data editor and how to use it to change exp rates. You need to have prior knowledge of how to open, navigate and save the Elements.data editor, which will not be repeated in the new video, a link to the video containing this information will be in the description under "Required Information")

Any work that has no specific credit please regard as my own. For example there are a few tools which I have translated myself :)

Video Archive
Elements.data Editor

Video 1 -
Translation of Add,Subtract,Multiply,Divide, Replace:
Difficulty: Intermediate

NPCGen.data Editor

Video 1 -

Required Tools:
NPCGen.data Editor (Credit to 9uucp and OMGOMGx2) <-Link
Required Files:
You will need the npcgen.data file for the map you wish to edit. The map folders can be found server side in the: homeDirectory -> JDServerDirectory -> gamed -> config folder -> map you wish to edit
Tool Translation:

Difficulty: [/COLOR]Novice
Require Tools:
Required Files:
Side Note:

Tutorial Archive

Novice/Beginner:
Event Triggers (Create Creature Builder function of GM Console) -Credit to GMLucifer
Development Tutorial - Credit to Perryl
How to get a Character ID -Credit to GMLucifer

Intermediate:
Adding custom Weapons -Credit to Pronetix (Use the elements.data editor in Video1 instead of JadeEditor)

Advanced:
Adding Maps -Credit to Henmoro(Rose)
PvP rank Kill Counter -Credit to comper
How to create a server with VMWare -Credit to Amr Easa

If you would like any specific tutorials doing and they are within my knowledge and capability I'll happily do them. Feel free to post below or private message.

I won't release any information privately, only publicly. So if you want the rare info kept secret but shared with you, nope :)

As always! Have fun!!

Fantastic!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
watched your video.clicked save nothing happens..and yup i did press that thingy in middle before trying to save..windows 7 here >.<

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when i use the launcher or patcher, it download but as 0KB ... any idea what happens?
i tested with the VPS, with a DEDI, and with Localhost, all does same, download as 0kb

also is there a way that the patch can patch the dds into the pck files?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
[h=2]any up to date tutorials?[/h][h=2]

Ive been looking around for jd ps tutorials but most of the links are dead.

So are there any up to date ones ?

[/h]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Patcher Tutorial

Video 1 -
Difficulty:
Novice
Require Tools:
Required Files:
Side Note:

next

finish

data 0kb
Not run game.

Who can help me?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Patcher Tutorial

Video 1 -
Difficulty:
Novice
Require Tools:
Required Files:
Side Note:

next

finish

data 0kb
Not run game.

Who can help me?
are you okay, can you help me?

Back