Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Design RaGEZONE a wallpaper pack and win a lot of prizes! (subs,rz email,$$$, games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello!

We are looking for a wallpaper pack to distribute to our members and fans on the official RaGEZONE and so i've decided it's best to run a fantastic competition. For this you'll require our asset pack . Inside the pack you'll find a collection of official PSD logos and more to use for this!

What are the requirements?

• Must use one of the official logos inside the asset pack
  • Must have all of the following resolutions
    [*=1]1920x1200 # 1920x1080 # 1366x768 # 1280x1024 # 1280x800 # 1024x768
  • Export the wallpaper as PNG (high quality)
  • Entries uploaded to or in an archive.
  • No usage of pre-made wallpapers and overlaying our logo! (Lazy...)
  • You can use the patterns that are provided if you so chose, it's not really required , just the 2D or 3D logo are the main requirements.
  • our url visible somewhere
  • More rules possibly added later if I think them up

TEH PRIZESA!!KLK!L

First Place:

• a prestigious @ragezone.com email
  • 1 Year Azure Subscription
  • Skyrim download code on Steam
  • Sanctum 2 or The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing or Spelunky (choice of three games)
  • Skype voice chat with MentaL for 15 minutes
  • $10 Gift via Paypal
Second Place

• [*=1]1 Year Delta or Elite subscription
    [*=1] Sanctum 2 or The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing or Spelunky (Choice out of what's left of the first place winner)
Third Place

• [*=1]6 Month Purple or Red subscription
    [*=1]Sanctum 2 or The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing or Spelunky (which-ever game is left)
Runner up prizes

• [*=1]5x WTF Overkill subscriptions

Winners are announced in 2 weeks! 15th of June (the year 2014... duh!) Good luck

#NOTE

This thread can be used as a general chat regarding the designs , including questions and critiquing other members entries.

########################

Current entries.
@Beny. -
@Monolith -
@azureamv -
@Nightmarejr -
@KraMer -

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This sounds awesome! Since I'm not good at doing things like this, I wish the best of luck to all contestants!

Reaction score
No thematic restriction? Sounds fun as duck, I'll participate obviously. :zippy:

Can explain this part better for me?:
  • Entries uploaded to or in an archive.
Just .rar the wallpaper and post here the link for the file, is that?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
  • Using characters from a game is fine , as long as you cut the character yourself! .

So using pre-made renders from render galleries is a no-go?

In my opinion the rule makes little or no sense at all.

sure, anyone capable enought to compete for top spots can cut out or even vector their renders for themselves, however this requirement severely cuts down number of likely participants.

usage of renders is really common and it makes no difference in the endproduct.

just my 2 cents

ps:I have 5 days free in a row starting tomorrow, so expect me to participate regardless of the restriction.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Might be a stupid question of me not understanding properly the text, but here it goes:

By "Wallpaper Pack" you mean each participant has to give a pack of several wallpapers? Any restrictions on the numbers of wallpapers? Max and minimum?

Reaction score
So using pre-made renders from render galleries is a no-go?

In my opinion the rule makes little or no sense at all.

sure, anyone capable enought to compete for top spots can cut out or even vector their renders for themselves, however this requirement severely cuts down number of likely participants.

usage of renders is really common and it makes no difference in the endproduct.

just my 2 cents

ps:I have 5 days free in a row starting tomorrow, so expect me to participate regardless of the restriction.

I want people to make the wallpaper not be lazy... Also, nobody has to include to use a character image.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Read the rules.

Simple explanation would have done it :p

I had read the rules, and I did it again a few times, but as I am not english by nature it took me a while to finally get it, so by wallpaper pack you mean I make 1 wallpaper but I gotta give it in all these resolutions: 1920x1200 # 1920x1080 # 1366x768 # 1280x1024 # 1280x800 # 1024x768 Right?

Thanks anyway :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I want people to make the wallpaper not be lazy... Also, nobody has to include to use a character image.

yeah I get that, however producing the render is whole another task to be done before even starting to make the wallpaper itself, so its kind of irrelevant if the render is cut out by maker of the wallpaper or by someone else.

besides how are you going to keep tabs on that? finding the original is easy enought and difference's between individual versions of renders done by multiple highlevel gfx artists are so minimal that even near professional level gfx artist would have hard time differentiating between them unless photomanipulation is used.

[actually photomanipulation of premade render would count as producing the render?... oh well personally I'm going to just make my own renders, the restriction just bothers me a little.]

scratch or somebody any thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back