Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Design RaGEZONE a wallpaper pack and win a lot of prizes! (subs,rz email,$$$, games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is that a winning price?
Who you think you are, michael jackson? :lol:

It's a joke...

yeah I get that, however producing the render is whole another task to be done before even starting to make the wallpaper itself, so its kind of irrelevant if the render is cut out by maker of the wallpaper or by someone else.

besides how are you going to keep tabs on that? finding the original is easy enought and difference's between individual versions of renders done by multiple highlevel gfx artists are so minimal that even near professional level gfx artist would have hard time differentiating between them unless photomanipulation is used.

[actually photomanipulation of premade render would count as producing the render?... oh well personally I'm going to just make my own renders, the restriction just bothers me a little.]

scratch or somebody any thoughts on this?

I think you misunderstood me... You don't have to recreate the entire thing... You can just take a character image that you cut not just taking other crap from other people's wallpapers.

Simple explanation would have done it :p

I had read the rules, and I did it again a few times, but as I am not english by nature it took me a while to finally get it, so by wallpaper pack you mean I make 1 wallpaper but I gotta give it in all these resolutions: 1920x1200 # 1920x1080 # 1366x768 # 1280x1024 # 1280x800 # 1024x768 Right?

Thanks anyway :)

Yes all those resolutions are required.

I think you misunderstood me... You don't have to recreate the entire thing... You can just take a character image that you cut not just taking other crap from other people's wallpapers.

And of the image is cut vector is made so be it. Just don't overlay in a pre made wallpaper.

Theres a loadshit of awesome vector wallpapers, so why not?

Only PSD? how about the Corel or Illustrator...

Because it was made in photoshop :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

yeah i might've misunderstood it a little, however your choise of words is at fault.

generally gfx artists use premade renders a lot, majority of signatures and wallies and all you can find from gfx section are made as compositions, meaning the artist doesnt cut the character, to which we refer as render, from a background, but instead uses a render premade and shared by someone else.

see and for example.

[sorry if i went little overboard hitting head against a brickwall, just making a point here.]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How many wallpapers per pack?

The images can be in any format?

Where do I post the link?

Reaction score
yeah i might've misunderstood it a little, however your choise of words is at fault.

generally gfx artists use premade renders a lot, majority of signatures and wallies and all you can find from gfx section are made as compositions, meaning the artist doesnt cut the character, to which we refer as render, from a background, but instead uses a render premade and shared by someone else.

see and for example.

[sorry if i went little overboard hitting head against a brickwall, just making a point here.]

Show me an example of something that you would like me to check from that site.

How many wallpapers per pack?

The images can be in any format?

Where do I post the link?

At least the 6 and png format.

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think you post your WP @ mediafire. Then maybe post a link here? Idk

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Majorly depending on if you value looks more than ability to increase size. There's a reason why Photoshop is best for things like this. You can do almost everything on photoshop that you can on illustrator.

I know, I frequently use the pen too myself, especially for logos, but regardless of it, some may prefer illustrator, it'd be unfair to deny them a chance to participate.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I guess I will start designing some wallpapers again.

If any one wants some examples here is my previous winning pack for reference.

Question,
Mental am I allowed to use the private versions of the logo I made or do I have to be fair and use the versions you released

Reaction score
I guess I will start designing some wallpapers again.

If any one wants some examples here is my previous winning pack for reference.

Question,
Mental am I allowed to use the private versions of the logo I made or do I have to be fair and use the versions you released

Use the released version.

Here's mine:

• Must have all of the following resolutions
    [*=1]1920x1200 # 1920x1080 # 1366x768 # 1280x1024 # 1280x800 # 1024x768
  • Export the wallpaper as PNG (high quality)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Took a 2D approach with this one!

PM me for PSD.

Preview:
MentaL - Design RaGEZONE a wallpaper pack and win a lot of prizes! (subs,rz email,$$$, games) - RaGEZONE Forums

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Will Upload Once I Finish All

Attempt 1

MentaL - Design RaGEZONE a wallpaper pack and win a lot of prizes! (subs,rz email,$$$, games) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attempt 2

REMOVED
Attempt 3

Attempt 4

Attempt 5

Attempt 6

Attempt 7

Attempt 8

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
First time ever using Photoshop...learned alot from the internet though lol....be easy on me guys...first artistic endeavor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back