Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Giveaway Prize 4 of 10 - Madison's 10 year Smodversary Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Madison - Giveaway Prize 4 of 10  - Madison's 10 year Smodversary Celebration - RaGEZONE Forums

Make sure if you haven't yet: you enter in this thread: http://forum.ragezone.com/f10/3-madisons-10-smodversary-celebration-1139668/
I am going to keep it up until tomorrow at least, so don't miss out. Easy to enter!
you get points for each day of participating going toward the grand prize, so you want to enter every day or as many days as possible.

The Contest:There will be 10 Prizes given out, the last prize will be a "Grand Prize" worth at least $30 (I am working on a list of possible games, and the winner can pick one off the list.) 10 days 10 prizes.
Points will be awarded for each entry, for an entry into the Grand Prize giveaway (one per day) so make sure you participate every day! (This is in addition to the daily prize)

Today's Background Story: I've told you how I ended up at Ragezone, tell me what brought you to Ragezone.

Today's Prize: 3 more random steam keys
Today's Contest: Tell us how you ended up at Ragezone!

I will pick one post at random to win, and then I'll start the next contest.
Even if you don't win, you become eligible for the Grand Prize, so make sure you enter every day!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ragezone is my teacher this forum change my bad side and teach me some good things.

• Like find solution or search solution to my problems.

• Being patient to every fix problems i got.

• Friendly to other people in different country.

• Helping people to fix thier problems (Because i was there before asking other people to help me).

• Respect other person.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I joined RageZone for the WarZ / WarInc section for thoses reasons :

- Get some files,
- Meet some people
- Get help and help the other in return
- Learn about the gaming industry

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Actually came here for MapleStory back in 2011 under a different account, lost interest, then joined again in 2014 on this account. Didn't really become active until early 2016 when I started reporting posts for fun. Now have 23 pages of reports, and part of the Green team. :^)

Reaction score
I joined RageZone for Ragnarok Online tutorial, but after that im see many online games server files in RageZone (ex: Iris Online). I'm so excited about this forum, many people help me to understand structure and server problem

Staff member
Reaction score
​My Story on ending up here.

Ages ago around 2013 I was just a basic lurker looking for a place to hang out on and basically decided to search up for all coding forums and it happened that I tried out MMOhut and then MMORPG which still didn't satisfy me since they didn't feel like the welcome zone's until I tried out Ragezone, Which I then started to lurk as well be a complete noob. :lol:

During that time I learned that if I want to gain more out of it then I am required to engage and give more to get more so I started to post basic threads a tutorial here and there which started to engross on me and that started to pull me in more for creating pointless posts lmao. I ended up making a couple of friends and acquaintances on the way which made ragezone even more addicting till I decided that I wanted to contribute and make myself a lot more aware after some helpful wordings from certain people that I should self promote my activity by exploring others parts of Ragezone

In the end I happened to find Ragezone as a full inspiration to my life hobbies within coding and development as well the attitude to assist those that actually need it and those that just require help finding something.

So I ended up doing full time development with a lot of different people as well assisting them with creating servers and even coding fixes for C#, C++ and C relevant stuff which returned in a good favor towards me by assisting me with actual programming assignments within my actual work placement when they were needed in the past.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
It's quite trivial for me...

> sees MMO file link he needs
> [links can only be seen by registered members]
> registers...

Then started my career of being a leecher (aka asking stupid things). transitioned into being a contributor, moderator and... oh well here we are, eh?

Another reason ofc is failing horribly at getting my own (Ace) server up at the time....

Quoted from profile "About Me" for some extended info:
~2008 - Starting to play the MMO SpaceShooter AirRivals (USA: Ace Online)
~2010 - Getting to know what a "private server" is by searching for alternatives
~2011 - Download of server files and setting up the first crappy p-server
03.12.2011 - The journey begins, failing horribly at the first attempts of starting a server, asking the most stupid questions on this planet
~2013 - Getting better with technologies like DataBases (SQL, TSQL), doing more than the average p-server dev is able to
~2014 - Getting hands on some actual source codes the first time (starting another journey of learning C++)
~2015 - Getting far above average p-server publisher, rewriting core parts of the game to own need.
04.05.2015 - Converting the annoyance of noobs in the Ace Section into an initiative. Applying as moderator
02.07.2015 - Being given the chance to change things as moderator
20.05.2017 - Being trusted with even more ability, to contribute to the change of the whole MMO Area

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I was a young lad playing Mu Online when I saw a screenshot made by someone that had changed some skins in his game client. I was like "Wow, cool. Can you do that?". Then I started searching and found Ragezone. Ended up having lots of cool interfaces and new skins for sets/weapons which brought up attention to me. Made a lot of new contacts this way. Anyhow, here I am, thanks to skins.

Reaction score
I joined RZ for one reason: to make my own Mu Online private server to play with me and my friend.. And I sticked around and made a few public servers after that.
After that I also started fiddling around with SA:MP, and eventually became mod of the GTA:SA Multiplayer section.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I had to switch to my pc because phone updated the site and ruined my magnificent Wall'O Text.

I might as well start as where I began last time and also I'm not after the prizes, I just wanna tell my story, because nostalgia.

Around the year when Tbc wow was out on retail, along with its private server counterpart. I had gotten the curiosity of hosting myself after a never ending cycle of dailies and pvp on retail.

Along with my buddy from the first (private) wow server I joined before I started played retail, we managed to get a small cozy team of people to manage it as well as a small cozy few people playing.

Basically we had plans for the server, one of them was to expand the game and make it a little different (not funserver, thank god for that). We started to fill out the ironforge airport and emerald dream (vendors, objects, buildings, etc). We've had done some work on the server, especially being new to the serverhosting scene, we had to learn a lot with sql and how to make items or even fix bugs, etc.

That is untill we had to update, all progress was lost along with accounts and other vital things. Stupidly I had used arcemu, which I thought was one of the most blizzlike servers back in the day along with ascent. But we all know mangos was the way to go. However, trinity was the winner in my eyes, but she wanted to much power, power my computer didn't have at that time.

I remember being such a lazy newbie that I used repacks, 3 times. This of course coming to the realization that I had to compile, which brings me to how I ended up on this site along with MMOchampions. I'm pretty sure I learned a lot about compiling and setting up the server here back in the day thanks to Ragezone, I'm also sure I learned how to set up apache and all that as well in which is a skill I used later in life not related to wow servers of course :p .

I do long for the old days though, even though the server didn't last long we actually worked together to build a small loyal community.

So for that, thank you for bringing back some good old memories, Tbc might've been a hard knock life but hell we still got Blood Elves.

Reaction score
I was interested in MapleStory. RageZone had an active MapleStory section at the time, so I joined RageZone. Then I became a moderator for the MapleStory section. And now I'm posting in this competition.

Loyalty
Reaction score
I remember posting a long arse story about how I joined RZ in my mod app xD Here's a summary of how I joined RZ.

I was an active member on a habbo forum. During that time I was actively contributing to the community one of which was CMS'. Unbeknownst to me that my partner had added a backdoor to one of the CMS that I had released and a moderator on that forum got to know about it. Before I could even explain anything about it, I got banned lol. Then that's how I found ragezone, through google when I was searching for habbo retro related things. At first I was kind of hesitant to join RaGEZONE, it was a totally new community for me .. i joined somewhere in 2011 with an account which I forgot the username because I was back on the other forum after my ban got lifted. It was only after that forum got sued by sulake and shut down, I joined back RZ in 2012. I've been an active and loyal member here since then.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
When I first joined it was purely a Mir2 server, the very first RZ Mir 2 server I speak of, not the later ones.

A couple of years later it began to grow into something more than just a server forum, now a very popular community forum among the gaming community as well as others.
I don't post very often but I feel the information on these forums have helped me learn new things in one way or other without even having to post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back