Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting up a Mir2 Server: A Noob Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lilcooldude created a good guild to setting up the server, but left a few n00b things out, so here is the noob guide.

Credit for basic guide goes to lilcooldude.

Setting up the files (offline):

1. download the server files from here

2.) Extract the files to C:/mirserver, it's the only way this guide will work.

2a.) got to your legend of mir folder
c:/program flies/wemade/legend of mir
right click on the map folder and click copy.
Go to your m2server folder
c:/mirserver/m2server
and paste the map folder into here.

3.) Check the following files to make sure they have the correct IP (127.0.0.1), the correct directories (C:/mirserver/…), and the correct server name (ktest):
 /DBServer/!addrtable.txt
 /DBServer/!serverinfo.txt
 /DBServer/dbsrc.ini
 /LoginGate/Config.ini
 /LoginSrv/!addrtable.txt
 /LoginSrv/!serveraddr.txt
 /LoginSrv/!UserLimit.txt
 /LoginSrv/Logsrv.ini
 /LogServer/LogData.ini
 /M2Server/!runaddr.txt
 /M2Server/!servertable.txt
 /M2Server/!Setup.txt
 /RunGate/Config.ini
 /SelGate/Config.ini

4.) Download SQL Server 2000 -

5.) Install SQL using Authentication mode, and set a password you can remember (ID will be sa)

6.) Once your SQL Server is running open Enterprise Manager and go into your SQL databases, there should already be ‘master’, ‘model’, ‘msdb’, ‘Northwind’, ‘pubs’, ‘tempdb’.

7.) Right clcik any where in this window and then clcik new database.

8.)In the box called name, type "mir2" then click ok.

9.) Right click somewhere in the Database window, highlight over ‘All Tasks’ and click ‘Restore Database’.

10.) Click the option tab, and then tick all 3 boexs, once you done that click back on the genral tab.

11.) Check the box that says restore as database, click on the arrow and select mir2.

12.)The next line down, where it say restore, clcik "From Device’ and click the button saying ‘Select Devices’ then ‘Add’ button.

13.) On the File Name box click the button saying ‘…’ and select lom2_chardb.bak from \DBServer. Then press OK untill the database is restore.

14.) Too add your self as a GM, right click on the table admin, then select , open table> return all rows.

15.) Now go back to your sever folder and open

DBServer/dbsrc.ini
a few lines down you will see SQL type.
The line under that you need to change so it looks like this.

SQLType=mssql
SQLHost=localhost
SQLPort=3306
SQLDatabase=mir2
SQLUsername=sa
SQLPassword=<the password you entered when you setup mssql>

You now need to do the same in

DBServer/!Setup.txt

so it look like this

[SQL]
UseSQL=True
SQLHost=127.0.0.1
SQLUsername=sa
SQLPassword=<the password you entered when you setup mssql>
SQLDatabase=mir2
SQLType=mssql

19.) you can now close MSSQL. The go back to ur server folder and run the following exe's. It dont matter in which order you run them.

m2server/m2sever.exe (run this 1st as it takes the longest to load.
DBserver/dbserver.exe
gamegate/gamegate.exe

logingate/logingate.exe
loginsv/loginsrv.exe
logserver/LogDataServer.exe
selgate.exe

If you get no error in any of these your server is running ok.

20. Go back to your server file folder, then your m2server folder, copy the mir2.exe and paste it in to your legend of mir folder.

21.) open your legend of mir folder and then open
mir.ini
change the 3 ip addresses in here to 127.0.0.1 then save this file as
mir2.ini

22.) run the mir2.exe and you will be connected to your server.

23.) if thats all working and your happy, try downloading the updates from
make sure you read the updte document before doing any thing.

24.) any problems with the files before the update, feel free to post here

note from thedeath: deleted step 17 as the acces file is older and you shouldnt be using it anymore
also you'll have to use step 7 to 13 twice and make sure one of the db's is the chardb (for the dbsrv.ini or whatever) and the other is the datadb (for the !setup.txt)

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi need a lil help plz, when i load my m2server.exe up i get the message saying : Loaded client version information and server table...
Loading StdItem.DB...
[14/03/2007 16:37:37] StartTimer exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'lom2_chardb'. Login fails
[14/03/2007 16:38:36] -- SQL KeepAlive
[14/03/2007 16:38:36] -- --> Error Keeping Query Alive!
[14/03/2007 16:38:36] -- --> Error Keeping QueryCommand Alive!

any1 have any suggestions on how 2 fix this? Thanks in advance

EDIT:sorted it =-)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol a new error :( wen i try 2 make an account i get the message saying "random message that needs 2 be coded -1" any1 help plz? thanks in advance

Reaction score
firstly did u get the m2server error sorted? if not, check that your mssql user name and pass are correct and that the database thats in ur !setup is what its called in mssql....

the other error your getting we havent worked that one out yet qnother person has had the same problem, so .....

VirUs

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ye i got my m2server error sorted :) just cant make an acc now keep getting that msg lol :Confuzzle

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
try deleting your old account db and letting loginserver create a new one, also make sure you're using latest client exe

bah didnt work still getting the msg wen i try 2 make an acc and i also have the latest client exe :(. Any other suggestions plz.Thanks =-)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol ive restarted 3 times and i still get the same msg when trying 2 make an acc. my m8 gets it aswell =/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i follow the guide to setup everything .. and why when i create the create and try to log in games ... it out some chinese word .. and turn me back server select again .... click ok there turn back to server select screen ... any 1 know how to fix it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Everytime i open loginserver up i get the msg saying "invalid file name".Could this b causin the msg to show when trying 2 make an acc? lol, ive changed all the server names in the files to ktest and i still get the msg saying invalid file name >.> any1 help plz? thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
invalid FILE name
not server name
so check your folders to make sure the ones you have in your settings excist in your windows? common even a brain dead idiot should be able to fix an error like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back