Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Setting up your Legend of Mir 2.3 Server

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
just a thought, why did you not just add all the files needed to set up the server in step 1,
basically this guide is exactlty the same as any other guide on this forum OUTDATED, ( http://forum.ragezone.com/f62/2-3-server-set-up-guide-231197/ ) very similar
TBH you really need to tell people to get the server files and extract and them to the specified folder ie C:\Mirserver,
Then got to this link and get the updated exes
http://forum.ragezone.com/f62/my-new-diamondm2-exes-197366/ and then extract them to thier respective folders in C:\Mirserver overwriting old exes where necessary,
once you have got those you could tell people to get the new updated DB files which will be required for step 4
(if they want a db thats all updated tables and fields ,
BUT! only a single db and not data and char still does the same job) that DB is on this post and also mirrored a few times in the thread
http://forum.ragezone.com/f62/sql-single-data-including-new-guild-tables-250156/

That just about wraps up my mindless babble well sort of goes in the right direction and not backwards, I know u added the updates at the end of the guide but basically you need to replace those files and the DB first in my opinion.

apart from all that what can i say its a guide basic but a guide none the less and no i couldnt do any better .:p

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I did say. It was a remake but a more organized one. I added in most of the points. If I did miss a few, then I'll have to put them in later.

You cant expect 10 different procedures to setting up 1 server now, can ya?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
the guide works if ur setting up the filesfrom here . BUT as i said its outdated, people arent keeping up with TD's updated exes and really and truly the guide is for the first files and they are 75% incomplete well as far as the latest exes are upto anyway.
instead of just re writing it why didnt you set the files up and make a guide with all the latest edits setups new exes etc in, instead of posting the updates at the end that way i wouldnt post sarcy comments :D.

All you people using this guide or any other guide also need to look elsewhere on the forums for the updated exes and download and check that the files havent been updated , thats why your all getting stuck at char select or linenotice/welcome screen. not only the updated exes but keep an eye out for shunts post on DB cos if the files have been updated and iot needs a db edit shunt will post an updated standard db for you to use.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Thats the same server files I posted. Anyway, setting up the server is nearly same for most of the version except for updating them later on which can be surely handled by the members.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, Sorry For Misunderstanding.
i just thought that i would be helping people tell them =(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why os tis a sticky? There has been a guide to setting up a 2.3 server set as a sticky for months. Please remove one of as a sticky

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why os tis a sticky? There has been a guide to setting up a 2.3 server set as a sticky for months. Please remove one of as a sticky

For better understanding and convenience. Those who cant dechiper that might give a shot with this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please, Where are service manager and entreprise manager? I can' t find them.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Err. After installing SQL Server go to program files. You can find it there. Google Dude.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
when i run M2server it came up with:
Loading MapQuest.txt...
MapQuest.txt : Failure was occurred while reading this file.Code= -14

any help with this would be great

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
line 14 of mapquest needs to be deleted, this has been mentioned in numerous posts , It has something to do with Ghouls code=14 imo should say Line=14 ..

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
[18/7/2007 02:56:09] StartTimer exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'mir2'

any help ?

you did make the username and password right.
looks like ur password is wrong for the username mir2.
check the !Setup
SQLUsername=Your Username
SQLPassword=your password
SQLDatabase=name of database in SQL

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys i have set my server up today just to play around (local) and very interested in it.

all my exes open properly

i have followed the instrustions got a bit stuck on step 7 so i copied blunts mir.ini as i couldnt work out how to do mine and it worked.

i can create an account, then i log in (all fine)

then it asks me what server i want to log on to, and all the feilds are blank :( so it give me no option to select!?

can some one help me please or just a little nudge in the right direction, it wud be much appreciated.

p.s im not using the updated exes yet, tryin to get server up 1st then try that later.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just to show ya incase anything is wrong, also can u tell me if my login server names are correct or if this matters as i can login etc

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Having Huge problems with SQL, I make a databse etc

I try run the ServiceManager and it goes "Wrong Password" or some crap

So:

Server : Jay/MIXED
Service : Distributed Transactions...

I go into Enterprise manager, All it is is one Icon, and On the left "Console Root" and some other thing

Where can i find Local etc?

Back