Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Trouble with setting up Legend of Mir 2 server files

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having a little trouble setting up my legend of mir 2 server.

I'm using the old server files that I saved way back in the day when they first leaked, the ones where you didn't need to run any SQL database. Back then I got the server running perfectly.

There used to be a good guide online but I can't seem to find it anywhere is it possible anybody has a link?

If not then can anybody help with my problem... I replaced the mir.exe and multiple .ini files in the legend of mir directory with the ones in the client.zip file in the server files. I load up the game and can log in, pick the ktest server and get to the character selection screen. But the problem with all this is that graphics are all screwed up and button placement is way out so it is impossible to get the right one once I get to the character selection screen.

I thought this might be because I am running it in a VM but using the unmodified mir.exe, the graphics are fine...

almost my ktest window is reporting saying:
ready to load ini file..
!setup.txt loaded..
loading client version information..
Ok.
loading StdItem.DB...
starttimer exception...

Which I think is wrong.

If this is unresolvable does anybody have a link to the current legend of mir 2 server files which the guides on this forum describe, all links seem to be broken :(

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Josh

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having a little trouble setting up my legend of mir 2 server.

I'm using the old server files that I saved way back in the day when they first leaked, the ones where you didn't need to run any SQL database. Back then I got the server running perfectly.

There used to be a good guide online but I can't seem to find it anywhere is it possible anybody has a link?

If not then can anybody help with my problem... I replaced the mir.exe and multiple .ini files in the legend of mir directory with the ones in the client.zip file in the server files. I load up the game and can log in, pick the ktest server and get to the character selection screen. But the problem with all this is that graphics are all screwed up and button placement is way out so it is impossible to get the right one once I get to the character selection screen.

I thought this might be because I am running it in a VM but using the unmodified mir.exe, the graphics are fine...

almost my ktest window is reporting saying:
ready to load ini file..
!setup.txt loaded..
loading client version information..
Ok.
loading StdItem.DB...
starttimer exception...

Which I think is wrong.

If this is unresolvable does anybody have a link to the current legend of mir 2 server files which the guides on this forum describe, all links seem to be broken :(

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Josh

hi.
can you say wot files you are using so i can try to help you.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
iess could you please upload your server files dude I've looked everywhere and cant find a link thats not dead, I'm planning on making a stable and well maintained low rate server free from all this custom shenanigans and donation for items for all the people that used to play mir 2 retail back in the day like myself who miss it, well thanks in advance if you do choose to upload them.

Back