Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mirserver Server Files for Download

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
poop i give up man i can not fix this as i dont know wot im looking for really all names Match though

you guyz dont seem to know why this is causeing the black screen so im just gonna give up come back when i see someone else with same problem and detaild Fix on what can cause this problem

thankyou for the info and help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Shunt and I have taken the time to put this set of files together from both of TD's threads Basic set of server files and My new DiamondM2 exe's.

All you need to do is download check the passwords for sql in !setup and dbsrc, add your map directory to !setup and restore the DB.

The Mir2 DB has been fully updated from updates.doc all tables and fields have been added by by IdaBiga and is fully functional .

Here is the link to the files

have fun :)

elvin / shunt

excuse my noob question but what version are these server files?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
They are 2.3 TheDeath files from his 2 stickys.

Upadate:-- the files in this thread have been reworked tested and are fully functioning , i have removed the folders from all the server files called SVN so any one whos having trouble connecting etc i have tested these files on sql 2005 and have had them working soi feel free to download them.

kev

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ok i have sql 2005 installed . server is all running fine and ect ect.

Question :- The mongen in sql is very small.
I have another mongen thats full in txt file and also in a mdb file.
How can i import just the Mongen from my files into the sql 2005 db?

I'm good at sql 2000 but 2005 is a little different. Please any help? thnx

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
my mir2.ini in my client

[Setup]
FontName=Diamond
ForceAddr=1
ServerAddr=127.0.0.1
ServerPort=7000
SelectServerAddr=127.0.0.1
SelectServerPort=7100
GameServerAddr=127.0.0.1
GameServerPort=7200
FullScreen=1
Param1=
Param2=
Param3=
Param4=
Param5=
[Positions]
Left=0
Top=0
[Option]
SkillSetting=1
Sound=1
ShowAllItem=1
EffectSetting=1
ShowSkillBar=0

My Server.ini
[Server1]
ServerName=Diamond
ServerAddr=127.0.0.1
ServerPort=7000
SelectServerPort=7100
GameServerAddr=127.0.0.1
GameServerPort=7200

going to go over the other files again because when u gert the client ini the server name is Hell so will make sure all my names are matching

mir2.ini should look like this
[Setup]
FontName=Times New Roman why urs say Diamond
ForceAddr=1
ServerCount=6 as many as you like

FullScreen=1
Param1=
Param2=
Param3=
Param4=
Param5=

[Positions]
Left=0
Top=0

[Option]
SkillSetting=0
Sound=1
ShowAllItem=1
EffectSetting=1
ShowSkillBar=0

servers.ini looks like this its servers.ini not server.ini
[Server2]
ServerName=Diamond
ServerAddr=127.0.0.1
ServerPort=7000
SelectServerPort=7100
GameServerAddr=127.0.0.1
GameServerPort=7200

Why on earth urs looks a bit different i have no idea.
and to be honest with you the files in this d/l are foolproof the only dodgy part is the sql install and the 2 places you need to add ur own sa and password and database name.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
ok i have sql 2005 installed . server is all running fine and ect ect.

Question :- The mongen in sql is very small.
I have another mongen thats full in txt file and also in a mdb file.
How can i import just the Mongen from my files into the sql 2005 db?

I'm good at sql 2000 but 2005 is a little different. Please any help? thnx

can you not just make a new database with your old one and then import it to the 2.3 DB from the new one that you have just made.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok one problem, i've set up a few servers in the past but every time I try and restore the file marked out I get an SQL error.

' Too many backup devices specified for backup or restore; only 64 are allowed '

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I have just had a thought about the db in the files, I think i made it with sql 2005 but there should be on in them that was made with sql 2000.
If shunt could reply i think hed know if that is the case as my mind isnt working very well lately.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

Just trying this out as ive lost my damn database so thought i would try it again. Had sql2000 so installed 2005 and now i am getting...

Loaded client version information and server table...
Loading StdItem.DB...
[04/01/2008 04:40:55] StartTimer exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied

Using sa and sa password on the setup.txt. Its only the M2Server thats doing this. Checked TCP on 2005 was all enabled and its up and running.

EDIT: FIXED - Was because it wasnt mysql in the setup.txt. Becareful of this is you are using 2005 database, like the one included as the setup.txt says mssql and not mysql.

Getting [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified now because i think i messed up reinstalling sql so going to install 2005 again.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
it should say:

[SQL]
UseSQL=TRUE
SQLHost=(local)
SQLUsername=sa
SQLPassword=****
SQLDatabase=lom2
SQLType=mssql (if you are using MSSQL, these dont work with MYSQL?)
SQLPort=3306
SQLCharDatabase=lom2

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont believe mssql works with 05, i had to change mine to mysql which seemed to get past the error i was recieveing.. I think i read that the database provided wasnt running with the server files provided here?

Anyway i gave up on this db and 05 as i was getting error after error, so i returned to my 2000 one which works fine.

Having problems getting it online but am not sure what it is lol.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
i think there was 2 dbs included one i did on 05 which i think is the one people were getting errors restoring and the idabiga one which still neded an update or 2 to the tables and fields, apart from all that the server files will get you online/offline and ingame. quickly and easily .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yea thanks for the files :) I am using my own db i created a while (after new npcs/ item matching/maps etc) I didnt want to delete that!

I am having trouble getting online but im not sure where i am going wrong. Do i use my Router IP as the public ip for online? Or do i use my internet ip or my ip my router gives me?

I am playing round with them atm.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
great guide :D

my server worked fine in local mode, but i getting problems when i try and run it in LAN mode. i changed all IP's to 192.168.0.5 (thats the IP i got from my router) and everything is starting fine. only odd bit is the Gate port, it seems to open random ports everytime i start the server/ close and re-open the gate. the login process (client) is working fine, but after putting my id/ pw in the char seletct screen won t come up (the gate stays closed)

any ideas??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You problem is Loginsrv there, change around the ips in that - Bugger it i will show mine :p

Set in logsrv.ini

All to 127.0.0.1 execpt
FeeServer=192.168.0.5
LogServer=192.168.0.5

!servaddr.txt should be just 127.0.0.1
!addtable.txt should be
127.0.0.1 192.168.0.5 192.168.0.5:7100

Try that and see if you can get into char select - I suggest you change all of them back to 127.0.0.1 - there is only about 6/7 192.168.0.5's you need to put in for lan.

Back