Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Entertainment] Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Name: Lewis H
Current Occupation: Student
Contact details: (PM me for them)

About me:

My name is Lewis, I’ve lived in England for my whole life (16 years), at college for three days a week studying to become a fully qualified plumber and for work I serve food. I join RaGEZONE in early 2012 (nearly 3 years back!). Joining when I was 13 I first played Habbo and that was the reason I joined, I want to learn about making ‘custom furnis’ to share and brag about, realising that I had no hope of anything good and creative within that I decided to branch out and post more in the evo sections. My current hobbies are gaming and watching the football (Manchester United fan).

Why am I applying?
To this time of writing this the section lacks an overall dedicated mod after Shoelaces promotion to Visor. This is not the only reason I am applying though, I have always had an interest within this section, although not posting tons of threads, and I still do post within the section and check it daily. I believe I have enough interest and knowledge of the overall section and I feel like I could help run the section, handling reports and keeping it clean from spam whilst still contributing normally.

Any moderator experience?
Whilst I may only have a small amount of experience I believe I can do the job, the experience I do slightly have is from a game server I ran briefly at the end of last year, we had a forum running and that forum ran Vbulletin so I know my way around all the moderation tools.

Activity:
I am very active on RaGEZONE, whilst not showing it in posts as of lately, I still browse the forum daily, if not on a computer I still browse on Tapatalk if I’m not at home. My active times would range from about 3-11pm GMT on most weekdays whilst still allowing time for work and college commitments.

Contributions
Here is a list of just some of the threads that I've posted, may them be a song or film that I've just wanted to share with others,
http://forum.ragezone.com/f767/film-wolf-wall-street-981285/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f153/hozier-church-1046221/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f767/film-hobbit-battle-five-armies-1018602/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f767/film-jurassic-world-1016168/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f80/write-own-hip-hop-song-1010974/

I've put a bit more time into this edited application. :eek:tt1:

-Lewis

Last edited:
Rogu3
Reaction score
I recommend posting some contributions and experience.

Reaction score
I recommend posting some contributions and experience.
I have necessary experience within handling all the features for VBulletin as I ran a very small forum along side a game server that I ran a few months back, I know the ModCP and how to use all the features within the whole forum.

Probably should have outlined this a bit more clearly then stuffing it into a paragraph [emoji14]:

And contributions I did think about adding some but because of the section it is, I didn't really think listing threads that I've created to share music, films and etc would really count as 'contributing' as you can't really contribute in a way.

Rogu3
Reaction score
They count as contributions. It's contributing to the section.

☮TAKU????
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This guy has gone from having -500 rep to having +500 which is pretty impressive. Attitude has gotten to be changed. You are active in Spamzilla which pretty much qualifies you for a green name. However not so sure if you fit the profile as a moderator. I fear that you're only after the shiny green name. Goodluck on further vouches tho.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
And contributions I did think about adding some but because of the section it is, I didn't really think listing threads that I've created to share music, films and etc would really count as 'contributing' as you can't really contribute in a way.
Making threads is also a form of contribution. You've made 9 threads in 2014 in the Entertainment section. If you think that is enough contribution to deserve a spot in that section, then you should continue with your application.

Nevertheless, good luck.

Reaction score
This guy has gone from having -500 rep to having +500 which is pretty impressive. Attitude has gotten to be changed. You are active in Spamzilla which pretty much qualifies you for a green name. However not so sure if you fit the profile as a moderator. I fear that you're only after the shiny green name. Goodluck on further vouches tho.

Being active in Spamzilla doesn't qualify anyone for mod.

Anyway, Lewis, Going through some of the threads on the section you have posted in some, but on the creation side of things you lack this. Also your application is extremely vague, you don't explain why you would be good for the section, what you could bring, what makes you special? - Also being knowledgeable within vbulletin isn't a major advantage, especially for a moderator; if it was lets say a Super Moderator then maybe I could understand but for a Mod not really worth mentioning your knowledge in the software.

The mod tools are extremely easy to get to grips with, probably could understand it within the first report which would get sent your way.

I can say yes to the fact your attitude has changed a lot since I first encountered you.

Personally stacking up all the points on your application at the moment I can't say I believe you would be suitable for moderator position.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I ran this section for a little while, and it wasn't complicated so I think you could handle it in that aspect, but as others have stated you really haven't contributed much to it, content posting wise. I believe your attitude has changed quite a bit from half a year or so ago though, so that is a plus. Just keep up with it and contribute a bit more and you will be better suited for the position.

Reaction score

I wouldn't agree with your Spamzilla comment :eek:tt1:, kinda confused about your comment about going after the shiny green name? Surely that's why I made the thread, to try and have a shot at moderating?

Being active in Spamzilla doesn't qualify anyone for mod.

Anyway, Lewis, Going through some of the threads on the section you have posted in some, but on the creation side of things you lack this. Also your application is extremely vague, you don't explain why you would be good for the section, what you could bring, what makes you special? - Also being knowledgeable within vbulletin isn't a major advantage, especially for a moderator; if it was lets say a Super Moderator then maybe I could understand but for a Mod not really worth mentioning your knowledge in the software.

The mod tools are extremely easy to get to grips with, probably could understand it within the first report which would get sent your way.

I can say yes to the fact your attitude has changed a lot since I first encountered you.

Personally stacking up all the points on your application at the moment I can't say I believe you would be suitable for moderator position.

Most of the my threads in there have been mainly just been trailers within the film section just because I liked the trailer and wanted to share it with others here, didn't feel the need in a few of them to write an essay on the trailer when I just wanted to share it :laugh:

The application was vague because when I wrote it I wrote in a first draft such way and when I was going to re-write / re-format it I just had no time as I was away for this weekend and I had limited internet access, after writing this post I will be editing the thread heavily adding in 'contributions' I do have to the main thread. I only mentioned the brief experience with the software since my last application I had no experience at all with moderating but since that thread I have indeed had a sense of feel for the whole system.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

being activing in spamzilla means nothing. You could join, buy a sub and only post in spamzilla. Means you will have 0 posts, yet still active.

Being active in the section you are applying for is important.

Reaction score
Dont you think I understood that the first 3 times people quoted me on that? If you are popular in spamzilla you'll have a better shot at moderating, its no secret. Spamzilla is where the forum management and some try hards "hang out". Just look at how some users get special treatment in the MMORPG sections, it's almost like they are being protected by the moderators because they are active and popular in spamzilla.

You must be an expert on how ragezone works, considering how long you have been here and how you are one of the founding members! So no one should question you!

Mmmmmmm....

Pretty sure, the last 10-15 moderators that i have reviewed their applications have almost never posted in spamzilla. Seriously.. where is Gohan when you need him! Mr Slave

-------------------------------------

On topic:

As i have stated in previous applications... sections like Entertainment is quiet difficult to contribute to, so people should try to focus on the application side not the contribution.. and be advised that it is NOT AN ABSOLUTE rule to contribute to the section.. it only increases your chances.

~ Jangan

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I feel Lewis will do the job nicely.
And also he has fairly good activity in the tv/film section (I do not check the music section)
Well not lately though (Might be cuz of holidays)

Anyways, the only thing one can contribute to evo section is time.
It all depends on user activity in the section.

Lewis has my vouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back