Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Flyff Moderation application

Status
Not open for further replies.
i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The current residing moderators are doing an outstanding job. There isn't much to do in the section, and what does need to be done is being handled fine by those.

Reaction score
I'd happily vouch for you, but I'm not impressed by what I've saw in your posts. There's even examples from 2 hours ago:
question allready asked & answered.
I'm using this as an example as you're responsible for your actions and as a moderator, you MUST help the users out. This post didn't exactly conclude that you do that, but instead, told them the answer was already found. You could have at least redirected him to that answer.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I'd happily vouch for you, but I'm not impressed by what I've saw in your posts. There's even examples from 2 hours ago:
I'm using this as an example as you're responsible for your actions and as a moderator, you MUST help the users out. This post didn't exactly conclude that you do that, but instead, told them the answer was already found. You could have at least redirected him to that answer.

I had allready answered him in his own help thread, i'm not sure in what other way i could have made it good. He just bluntly asked in 2 other threads the exact same question. If i were a mod i would have deleted the other 2 posts, sincer he allready recieved the answer in his help thread.

EDIT: check the help section and you will see he published 2 of the exact same questions, and in the first i gave him the answer.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys I swing by this forum every now and again and I am an old member. I am not very active these days due to work and things but like to think I TRY to play an active role when I can as I think what ragezone/mental does and the work the ragezone staff is great and always has been forfilling to see so many people setting up their private games and playing private games with the help and encouragement provided by all the ragezone team.

Never the less on this occasion I would like to speak my mind and give my honest opinion. Firstly I would like to recommend to the Deodo that instead of just saying "you're immature and flame people in the section" that he backs his statements up with clear quotes linking back to the comments in question where Worf has done such actions.

I would also like to comment on the post made by the moderator Jamie G that he is right in stating that he should have directed the user in a more appropiate manner. Remember Worf were all here to learn and help one another. If someone posts in relation to something that has been previously discussed or answered always try to link them to the relevant information and further encourage them to use the search facility built into the forum to look for topics and answers before posting questions.

Hope this post was helpful :)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I would also like to comment on the post made by the moderator Jamie G that he is right in stating that he should have directed the user in a more appropiate manner. Remember Worf were all here to learn and help one another. If someone posts in relation to something that has been previously discussed or answered always try to link them to the relevant information

Even if it's his own 1st thread i've answered. I need to link back to his own thread?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My point is Worf if he was blatantly unaware that you had replied to him already even if it his own negligence it would help if you had linked back to the topic in question and done that in an appropriate manner. After reading "question allready asked & answered." I too thought there was an attitude problem and I am sure Jamie G picked up on it too and that's why he resorted to this example. Whenever you were intending to use a negative attitude or not I really don't know because I am not you but what I am saying is to be more aware of peoples circumstances and less hostile or at the very least, appear less hostile.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
However, i dislike some people simply because they started irritating me.

And because of this you decided to become just as low as everyone else and do the same thing as them, then you post an application to become a moderator in that section where you already manage to make an enemy with most of the community in that section. Not very wise of you, why don't you get off your high horse. Telling others you evolved as a human compared to the rest of the people in that section really shows how humble and wise you are.
I'm very impressed...

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Your application looks detailed and you seem active in the section. Vouch from me.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This guy has been flaming me and anyone that agrees with me for the last month or so, where ever I post. Most of his flames were deleted, but ask a moderator for some examples. Not to mention, when he addresses me and other members of the community and is not flaming, he often shows disrespect. See this post(and thread) for more information:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f456/like-see-happen-903017/index3.html#post7414914

Languages:
English and Dutch

I didn't know google translator counts as knowing English...

A little about me. I'm a graduated Network Administrator

I'm calling you out on this, if you're implying you've done anything beyond high school courses in network administration. Although you rarely provide advice, I've found a few links that show that there's no way you could have a degree in network system administration.

Here you tell them to run an insecure server application with administrator privileges... Arbitrary code execution anyone?

"You should use portforward through NAT and open de UDP ports." - not only incomprehensible, but also the game in question doesn't use any UDP connections at all.

Both of these posts were made after he applied... I can't say I believe he's done any network administration at all.

I've been starting development short after that and do this since than (like almost 2 years now).

You've been developing for over two years... What do you have to show for that? All I've seen in your releases are some modifications to source code that were either already released or insignificant(a few lines of change without much improvement). Your thread with the release was deleted because you were flaming constantly when others offered logical criticism, otherwise I would link and show the source for proof.

- I'm very easygoing aslong as everyone shows eachother the proper respect

Yeah... I showed you a lot of respect(in many posts) until you started cursing and insulting me personally when you couldn't.

- I'm always trying to be kind and polite.

See above.

- I prefer a stable organization of things and have a strong feeling of justice.

Then why are you on a private server development forum? It's not exactly justice to make servers that take players' money by using copyrighted material without permission of the copyright holder. Nor is it justice to help underage teens in break the law. I think you mean that whenever no one agrees with you, you feel it's unfair even though your actions are what lead to that result.

I'm mostly the guy who only post something if there is really something to be said, if it's constructive or needed.

Not including the posts that were deleted due to personal insults or general bias against members, I'm sure you can find many of his posts that are not needed nor are constructive. Some examples in this thread:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f456/like-see-happen-903017/

I've allready told you about my flyff history. I've been developing for like 2 years now and still enjoy it fully. I've made some very impressive systems wich I still use. I'm not the guy that feels the need to show off, therefore, most of the community might not have seen much of my development.

You say you don't feel the need to show off, yet you brag in the previous sentence about making impressive systems. Maybe the community hasn't seen much of your development because there isn't much that you've actually done. I could be mistaken, but judging by your past behavior, I doubt that I am.

Why should you become a moderator?
Because there is a need for a more stable and active staff in the FlyFF section. And to not put everything upon 1 shoulder alone. I also like to note that I see the internal problems in the FlyFF section but I see no point in trying to 'fix' the section. To me this seems like a 'never-to-come-true-dream'.

You see the problems, yet you feel no need to fix them? Just what we need, another inactive moderator that only deletes posts he doesn't like. That's really going to make the section much better.

If this guy gets moderator, I'll be deeply disappointed. I've seen some pretty bad RaGEZONE moderators, but if he would take the cake.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just as a note. Look at those who support Worf and those who don't. The supporters arn't even active in the flyff section, Those who are against him are active posters in the flyff section. Why do people who ain't even in that section post here?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@TopMan, yes thank you for your honest opnion.

@Mootie, i would never do such a ugly thing in your application.

@TheWordless, because this is an public Moderation Application section.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

He only told the truth, you have been harrassing people in teh flyff section for quite some time now, the fact that you decide to apply for moderator is a bit odd.

@TheWordless, because this is an public Moderation Application section.

It may be that, but we are the ones who have to deal with you if you become a moderator, kinda odd that almost everyone from the flyff section don't support this and those who ain't in it support it.. Calling in friends or what?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@TheWordless, you do know you're very unreasonable right now. I think we've heard your opinion by now.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This thread should be cleaned, wordless should be infracted..

^^This.

You have had your say wordless, now please stop infecting his application with cancer.

This thread should be deleted and Worf should have been banned long ago.

Read this post(fully):

http://forum.ragezone.com/f621/flyff-moderation-application-898432/index2.html#post7416397

and this thread(fully):

http://forum.ragezone.com/f456/like-see-happen-903017/index3.html#post7414914

Do you still agree that he should be a moderator? If so, please explain why. Nothing about him would make him a good choice as a moderator. Practically the whole Flyff section dislikes him for what he's said and done.

Let's talk about ugly posts, I've seen a few... Maybe when you threw a fit of rage full of cursing and personal attacks, or what about the dozen of your posts on my topics flaming me with crude and immature comments completely unrelated to the topic? I've never have made, nor plan to make, a moderator application thread. However, if I did make one, I'm certain you would flame it as you always have done anywhere I post. Your words are simply words, you'll say anything to make yourself look better.

Also, why is my post ugly? I stated facts that support why I don't think you're suited to be a moderator. It was completely on-topic, yet you didn't even address a single one of my points. You never respond to my actual statement, you just reply with something completely unrelated to try to distract the community from the valid points that I've made in my defense.

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I highly oppose this for obvious reasons, and it seems as if I'm not alone, either. The only supporters appear to be members from different sections that don't know anything about Flyff. I don't see why the section needs more mods. It has two already.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If you're looking for a good way to kill the section and remove all higher intellectual support by the more advanced members, hire Worf. It's ultimately up to a lot of the community to hire this inbred, but I personally would leave the section.. as would I'm sure, several others. He's against helping the section, unless it's his idea (which coming from someone like him, a good idea is scarce). We have to keep our section alive, so ensuring that he isn't hired is mandatory.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't see why the section needs more mods. It has two already.

Yeah this section has two mods already, but none of you answers my PM's. I've been waiting 1 ~ 2 months now. So I had to contact a supervisor "Sean" That fixed everything for me... That's why I'm kinda mad on you & shadow. I know you have alot things to do and shadowdragon42, but come on 1 ~ 2 months....

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah this section has two mods already, but none of you answers my PM's. I've been waiting 1 ~ 2 months now. So I had to contact a supervisor "Sean" That fixed everything for me... That's why I'm kinda mad on you & shadow. I know you have alot things to do and shadowdragon42, but come on 1 ~ 2 months....

I apologize. I tend to get a lot of PM's that do nothing but complain about my post deletions or moderator actions, so I've had the habit of avoiding most PM's lately. I will reply to yours from now on, and I sincerely apologize for not replying to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back