Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Free MMOs] Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Name: Lewis H
Current Occupation: Student
Contact details: (PM me for them)

About me:

My name is Lewis, I’ve lived in England for my whole life (17 years), at college for three days a week studying to become a fully qualified plumber and for work I serve food. I join RaGEZONE in early 2012 (nearly 4 years back!). Joining when I was 13 I first played Habbo and that was the reason I joined, I want to learn about making ‘custom furnis’ to share and brag about, realising that I had no hope of anything good and creative within that I decided to branch out and post more in the evo sections. My current hobbies are gaming and watching the football (Manchester United fan).

Why am I applying?

I used to mod this section, Day Z and the Entertainment section last year for most of the year. I decided to take a break from modding because I wasn't enjoying it that much and I wanted to focus on my studies at college more, now I'm back as I've finished my studies and I want to break back into moderating. I've noticed there is currently only one dedicated mod to the section and as that section is rather large, I would like to help assist that section once again like I did before. I believe I'm a good choice for the section as I know the rules and what is allowed etc..

Experience

I starting moderating the Entertainment section late January last year, then branched in Day Z and then the Free MMOs. This lasted for most of the year (I can't remember the date that I resigned).

Activity

Whilst my posting activity is rather inactive now a days, I am still always checking the forum daily. That means I can be checking the section 3/4 times throughout the whole day to keep it clear of spam and to check all the threads are complying to the rules.

Some of this is copied from my previous application, I didn't see the point to write the about me part completely again as nothing has really changed about me in the year.

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Really well written application, Lewis. It's an improvedment from the previosu one. However , I do have to point out some thoughts.

On 11/11/2015 , which is less than a year ago , you resigned from your position of being a moderator. You stated that you felt less and less motivated to even come on to your computer which caused you lack in activity. So what made you change your mind now and how can we trust you when you say you will be dedicated this time? Just because you finished your studies? Do you think you would not be facing more responsibilities now in life that you've finished your college studies and will not be busy in the future aswell?

Well you get my point. I know that you know that we all are busy , but we love what we do , that's what keeps us motivated. With that , I wish you the best of luck this. May the odds play it out. It's neither a vouch nor a non vouch from me, but I do believe you will be a great asset to the team due to your experience , however your motivation is what that's keeping me doubtful.

Reaction score
I don't see how somebody who is as childish and disrespectful as you becomes a mod at RZ. Then again you're probably friends with the big bois so you will probably get the position. Have fun being an influential idiot.

:thumbup:

Spamzilla is an irrelevant section.

Really well written application, Lewis. It's an improvedment from the previosu one. However , I do have to point out some thoughts.

On 11/11/2015 , which is less than a year ago , you resigned from your position of being a moderator. You stated that you felt less and less motivated to even come on to your computer which caused you lack in activity. So what made you change your mind now and how can we trust you when you say you will be dedicated this time? Just because you finished your studies? Do you think you would not be facing more responsibilities now in life that you've finished your college studies and will not be busy in the future aswell?

Well you get my point. I know that you know that we all are busy , but we love what we do , that's what keeps us motivated. With that , I wish you the best of luck this. May the odds play it out. It's neither a vouch nor a non vouch from me, but I do believe you will be a great asset to the team due to your experience , however your motivation is what that's keeping me doubtful.

I left only because I started using my computer less, probably only checked it for an hour a day? Just really never wanted to do anything computer wise. As I'm finished I'm now on it again and I'm checking the forums more and more. I'm not sure how else I can answer this other than saying check how active I was during the middle period of my time as I was mod and I was always top 10 in stats. That's what I'm aiming to get back to.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Can't tell if this is a joke or not.

Very positive reply from Vaulient, I generally agree but I most certainly would not welcome you back. Not after your childish behavior specially in the past few months. Can't say cyber bullying while having a moderator position is fun. Maybe I will reconsider when you are more stable (out of puberty, lol).

It's a no from me.

Reaction score
Can't tell if this is a joke or not.

Very positive reply from Vaulient, I generally agree but I most certainly would not welcome you back. Not after your childish behavior specially in the past few months. Can't say cyber bullying while having a moderator position is fun. Maybe I will reconsider when you are more stable (out of puberty, lol).

It's a no from me.

Yeah... I can't take your 'feedback'.

This application is 100% serious, you're judging me over a thread in what you got butthurt about. Let me remind you, this thread happened in Spamzilla, a section what nobody should take serious.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
I'm judging you for the person you are. If it's Spamzila or any other forum you post in. Me, Gaby, ppl before me, ppl after me. It doesn't matter. You have fun bullying the ppl you are in contact with. A behavior no mod should ever have.

Also your dislike and report spam for ppl you don't like around the whole forum is hilarious. I don't even want to imagine what you'D do as moderator again...

The fact that you already have to excuse yourself in every single post here is not very positive either.

Reaction score
I'm judging you for the person you are. If it's Spamzila or any other forum you post in. Me, Gaby, ppl before me, ppl after me. It doesn't matter. You have fun bullying the ppl you are in contact with. A behavior no mod should ever have.

Also your dislike and report spam for ppl you don't like around the whole forum is hilarious. I don't even want to imagine what you'D do as moderator again...

The fact that you already have to excuse yourself in every single post here is not very positive either.

Thanks for your comments! I know what sort of reaction you want and I won't be providing it.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No from me. Your attitude is terrible no matter who you're speaking to, you have an incredibly short fuse meaning you go off at anyone who annoys you in the slightest, the way you act and talk is not that of a 17 year old it's more like a child and you make pointless reports most of the time. Whether it's Spamzilla or not that's really not the way you should be acting, you come across as someone who puts himself above others regardless of the situation and the position you're in. That's all I have to say.

If you improve and re-apply in 1 - 2 year(s), my opinion might change. Currently, big no.

Reaction score
Sorry It's a no from me. You may have been childish in Spamzilla, but you been making pointless reports all over EVO since you left, things that either made no sense, or just did not needed to be reported at all. That just shows you have no idea what you reporting or supposed to report, you just do it for the lulz, or to ... get to us? There were a few good reports here and there, but that's it. Furthermore you took your childish behavior further on to Skype, Outerworld, and god knows where else, so I'd say you have to show you are capable of moderating and being a mature staff member before you actually being considered to moderate a large and very active section such as Free MMO. There are many people there that needs patience and maturity to be dealt with them instead of just "YOLO let's delete this and infract them, bye!"

Reaction score
Sorry It's a no from me. You may have been childish in Spamzilla, but you been making pointless reports all over EVO since you left, things that either made no sense, or just did not needed to be reported at all. That just shows you have no idea what you reporting or supposed to report, you just do it for the lulz, or to ... get to us? There were a few good reports here and there, but that's it. Furthermore you took your childish behavior further on to Skype, Outerworld, and god knows where else, so I'd say you have to show you are capable of moderating and being a mature staff member before you actually being considered to moderate a large and very active section such as Free MMO. There are many people there that needs patience and maturity to be dealt with them instead of just "YOLO let's delete this and infract them, bye!"

Skype? Please state facts... I have like 5 people from RaGEZONE on my skype and I only talk to one of them regularly... So even though you're a supervisor, please don't spout random nonsense... It also seems like you forgot I was a moderator before. So any criticism you have towards me is personal for no reason.

Reaction score
Skype? Please state facts... I have like 5 people from RaGEZONE on my skype and I only talk to one of them regularly... So even though you're a supervisor, please don't spout random nonsense... It also seems like you forgot I was a moderator before. So any criticism you have towards me is personal for no reason.

Why are you still acting like the ones having criticism on you here are in the wrong? Clearly there's a lot of people with 'personal' problems with you. You're still defending yourself after all posts from all types of people all having the same reaons to not want you as a mod. MAYBE there's some truth in what everyone's stating if EVERYONE is stating the same things.

Reaction score
While, I don't actually know you nor have I really interacted with you or read your posts, but the way you've conducted yourself here in this thread shines a bit of light on who you are. While sure you were a mod before, your current attitude is not conducive to someone that I would like to share mod status with. The manner of which you responded to the posts in this thread kind of shows just how childish you are being, instead of taking their criticism and trying to better yourself (a positive trait) you are acting like they are all in the wrong, and constantly feeling the need to defend yourself against their words. (a negative trait) Nonetheless, based on the manner of how you reacted in this thread, I too am going to have to give a no to your application.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Looking at the facts: I checked Lewis' latest posts. Most of them are in the Spamzilla section and I do have to agree with the others. You're kind of acting douchy in Spamzilla. Even though you are allowed to spam there, quite some of your posts are certainly not appropriate for a moderator to post.

Looking at the fact about your posts in the Spamzilla section and the way how you handle critism in this thread, I will have to vote no.

Last edited:
Reaction score
While, I don't actually know you nor have I really interacted with you or read your posts, but the way you've conducted yourself here in this thread shines a bit of light on who you are. While sure you were a mod before, your current attitude is not conducive to someone that I would like to share mod status with. The manner of which you responded to the posts in this thread kind of shows just how childish you are being, instead of taking their criticism and trying to better yourself (a positive trait) you are acting like they are all in the wrong, and constantly feeling the need to defend yourself against their words. (a negative trait) Nonetheless, based on the manner of how you reacted in this thread, I too am going to have to give a no to your application.

Defending yourself is not a negative trait.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
True, defending yourself isn't a negative trait however, none of what was said in this thread was a threat or an attack to you that you needed to defend yourself. They were merely pointing out the negatives you have so you can improve your on them.

I personally do not know you but the way you handle and respond to criticism given to you isn't exactly how a mod should be acting.

Reaction score
Hey
I dont know you that well but i remember you across the forum from several sections especially Spamzilla.
For me personally if i am about to vouch for someone i want to see first his/her activity on the specific section he applies to and the contributions the person does first. It won't matter how well you know the forum but how much you do act upon it by being productive/contributing and supportive.

Another thing which is done by many people who apply as Moderators, when they get a 'negative' response they don't want to embrace their problems/mistakes and step forward, instead they start defending themselves against Mods which will never be a solution, i've been there! :)

Before you get your position i want to see you being more friendly :D
I want to see you also contribute more in the section you are applying for and be active into it.
Last but least ignore anything negative if you want to improve in my opinion you need to acknowledge things
that you did that weren't nice towards other members, understand thats the only way to stop arguments/misunderstandings

Oh and you should be very patient when targeting such a goal to become Mod, in meanwhile just do your best in the forums without expecting anything in return. Show that you are focused on what you say you want to do and dont care about being rewarded for it because you love doing it ! :)

I dont think mods are saying anything wrong to you besides that we just want to help you but before that there are few things to be changed and then you might be ready .

Good luck !

Reaction score
Looking at the facts: I checked Lewis' latest posts. Most of them are in the Spamzilla section and I do have to agree with the others. You're kind of acting douchy in Spamzilla. Even though you are allowed to spam there, quite some of your posts are certainly not appropriate for a moderator to post.

Looking at the fact about your posts in the Spamzilla section and the way how you handle critism in this thread, I will have to vote no.

I just want to ask... Is a moderator allowed to get a photo of another user and ridicule that person in a public section? Because one of your mods is guilty of that. No one is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back