Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Habbo Private Servers - Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
idk what to put here
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My Application​

Name: Joe ( Last name will be told upon request )

Previous RaGEZONE names: !!-=Joe=-!!

Email: syntax@live.ca

DoB[DD/MM/YYYY]: 29/12/94

Timezone: EST -5:00

Section: Habbo Retros - Private Servers - RaGEZONE forums

Available Hours:

Weekdays - 2:30 pm to 12:00 am
Weekends - 10:00 am to 12:00 am

About Me:

I'm 17 years old currently living in Canada as stated above. I'm in my 12th year of high school and plan to attend college, maybe even university to get a degree in computer science or business. I've been around the RaGEZONE community since 2007, so that's five years. In my spare time I like to play sports, mainly basketball. I know HTML, CSS, MySQL, the basics of C#, and the basics of PHP. In the past I have messed around with Visual Basic 6.0 and VB.NET but suddenly lost interest. At the moment I currently develop habbo retros and supply people with the support when I feel it is needed.

Now before I state the reason, I know there are already active moderators in the section I'm applying for, but I just encourage you to read the whole application before submitting feedback!

Why I am applying:

The reasons why I am applying to become a moderator on RaGEZONE vary. I have been around the community for quite a long time and I'm surely familiar with the global rules, as well as the Habbo Private Servers section rules. I also choose RaGEZONE as my main forum I use on a daily basis. Being a part of the moderation team would not only be an active job, it would be an honour. The last reason I am applying in this section is because I think James, Donkjam and I would make a great team. I've known James since his GoldenShox days when he developed his emulators that 70% of the Habbo community used. Donkjam on the other hand, I'm not sure if he's still familiar with me, but I've known of him since he was a part of the debbo v3.5 project, which in that era, 95% of the Habbo community used!

Why you should choose me:

Like stated above, I've been around the RaGEZONE community for five years, and plan to add on to those years. I have a wide knowledge when it comes to Habbo Retros, since I've been developing them since I was introduced to RaGEZONE. I know the rules when it comes to the basic thread structures as well as the general rules. I have experience with vBulletin software as I have had my own in the past, as well as moderated on a few. I think you should choose me as your next moderator in the section specified because I know a lot about Habbo more then people would think. I've conversed a lot with an ex moderator Moogly. He has taught me things that I would have never known about Habbo retros.

I've been around since the v13 generation, and it is now the newer revisions. I know what to look for in threads based on the version that their hotel is running on. The available hours that I am able to produce are outstanding. More then half of the time I'm on my laptop, RaGEZONE is open in another tab. I'm a committed user looking to make a positive difference in the community. Not only do I have professional work ethics, I also have the knowledge needed to moderate the section requested.

When it comes to the actual moderating of the section, I think it's important that you know how to deal with abusive users or queued issues that need to answered by a moderator. I have the ability to do all that in an efficient yet appropriate manner. Once I identify a cause of a situation, I implement an effective way to handle it without abusing powers, which is something I would NEVER do.

Experience:

Habbo:

Elite-Royale - Joint ownership with Jonty
HybridHabbo - Joint ownership with my friend Byron
Ultima-Hotel - Administrator
Fusion Hotel - This is my current hotel, full ownership

vBulletin Sites:

Otaku : Moderator in the Habbo section
Zer0-Studios: Moderator in the Habbo Section
Made my own forum on localhost

Contributions:

I haven't really contributed much to the Habbo section, just a few index page edits. Links are below if you're interested in looking at them. I know that Habbo experience isn't really needed for the Ads section, but since it's the ads section I figured that'd be the most appropriate to list.

RevCMS Simple Index: http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/simple-index-revcms-831613/
RevCMS Simple Index V2:http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/simple-index-v2-revcms-835507/
uberCMS Index: http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/ubercms-index-page-734810/

That's all I can find at the moment!

Well this is my application, I hope you all like it! Thanks for taking the time to read it! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Crawl Me Maybe
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Habbo Server Advertisements - Moderator Application

"make sure you contribute to the section you are applying for!" - I barely see you in the Server Advertisements section, apart from your own thread.

idk what to put here
Loyal Member
Reaction score

"make sure you contribute to the section you are applying for!" - I barely see you in the Server Advertisements section, apart from your own thread.

What are you suppose to contribute to the Server Advertisements? Posting "Nice hotel" or "Are you hiring?" on every thread is just posting hunting. I'm always browsing through there to see the new hotels that have been developed.

Not trying to cause an argument, but Google Chrome says it all. I'm there more then I am the "Release" section.

404_image.png

Crawl Me Maybe
Loyal Member
Reaction score

What are you suppose to contribute to the Server Advertisements? Posting "Nice hotel" or "Are you hiring?" on every thread is just posting hunting. I'm always browsing through there to see the new hotels that have been developed.

No. That's called spam.

You could - Enforce the rules, Point out some weak points in peoples hotels, Tell them what you like about their hotel etc.

Reaction score

To be fair, it's the habbo ads section, you can't really contribute to it like you would an average section.

I'd vouch for you, i remember you and have known you around the habbo section for a while etc, and you look like you've put a lot of work into your application. I don't think there's a position right now, but if there ever is you've got my vouch

Crawl Me Maybe
Loyal Member
Reaction score

To be fair, it's the habbo ads section, you can't really contribute to it like you would an average section.

I'd vouch for you, i remember you and have known you around the habbo section for a while etc, and you look like you've put a lot of work into your application. I don't think there's a position right now, but if there ever is you've got my vouch

I believe they may be open. Aaron posted in my app:

Mods were added to every sub-forum there today.

"Yeah, I understand that but Donkjam is busy in the Habbo section and the supervisors have all of the other sections that they are assigned to to then if James went away - say on a holiday or something, there wouldn't be much moderation in that section."

Seen you around - you seem quite helpful.
Good luck with your application, you've got my green lights.

Aaron

Not saying they are but seems it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Lol trollling on someones application? Thats bogus.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm semi-vouching for you here.. I think you've got a solid application, but I haven't seen you post much there? But you could do well in the section..

Haha at the forum bit; "My own forum on localhost", that made me laugh!

idk what to put here
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm semi-vouching for you here.. I think you've got a solid application, but I haven't seen you post much there? But you could do well in the section..

Haha at the forum bit; "My own forum on localhost", that made me laugh!

Haha, the forum on localhost wasn't meant to go public. It was meant for me to mess around with, etc. That was when I was first introduced to vBulletin.

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm I think Aaron & James handle the section very well.
And also there isn't much spam in the hps section.

Crawl Me Maybe
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm I think Aaron & James handle the section very well.
And also there isn't much spam in the hps section.

Aaron has recently been promoted to a supervisor so he manages the full MMO section as well as that section now.

Lol trollling on someones application? Thats bogus.

Trolling? I was simply commenting on his application. I have an opinion he doesn't have to respond to it. I did not mean it in a bad way at all, he said he doesn't want to start an argument so I'm not going to.

Good luck Joh.

Junior Spellweaver
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Aaron has recently been promoted to a supervisor so he manages the full MMO section as well as that section now.

Trolling? I was simply commenting on his application. I have an opinion he doesn't have to respond to it. I did not mean it in a bad way at all, he said he doesn't want to start an argument so I'm not going to.

Haha Crawl you sound like a horrible candidate for a Mod, I'm sorry young one - I vouch for Joh over Crawlx100

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Never really seen you around. You can't really contribute to a section that doesn't need contributing. I'm sure James can handle the section alone, Aaron did for a while. No vouch from me sorry but best of luck.

idk what to put here
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Never really seen you around. You can't really contribute to a section that doesn't need contributing. I'm sure James can handle the section alone, Aaron did for a while. No vouch from me sorry but best of luck.

I'm sure he can to. But, there's always a time where people are not present for a certain amount of time. If he's gone for a long period, it could be a conflict with his moderating. Don't get me wrong, James is a fantastic moderator!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back