Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Lewis' application to the Entertainment Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm posting this application because I have felt in the past, the reputation I had had crippled my chances of even getting acknowledged. I feel like now, I have fixed that reputation through the whole forum and I feel like I would have a better chance now, because of my changed attitude.

About me

My name is Lewis H. I am currently living in England, my age is 15 years of age (soon to be 16 next month). The only language I speak is English, what is my mother tongue, I could have probably spoken a bit of German but I decided to not put any effort into my lessons and I basically failed it. You can contact me further using my email address: lewihill@hotmail.co.uk or you can PM me for further methods.

Why am I applying to this section?

I may have had two previous applications to become staff here in the past, them applications went down alright and not so alright. The main problem was, people still had negative thoughts about me, and the other being the section I was applying to needed experience. I feel like I am applying to the Entertainment section because that is the place in where I have had the most interest in throughout all of the other outerworld sections. These sections are one of the places I have got most of my post count with, I have posted threads in the tv/film section sharing films that I have liked the trailer of and to show others the same trailer, and trying to spark up a discussion about them.

Why me?

I know I have not held the best reputation on these forums, but I really do think if given the chance to moderate, I would do a great job. The sections do already have a current moderator who is Aksel, he does a good job keeping all 3 of the sections in their clean and free of spam (I think?).I would primarily like to post this application as an alternate applicant for the section. I have seen a few times on others applications, people complaining about it not needing moderators in that section, but why does that stop someone from posting a application?

Experience

I haven't had experience on such a busy forum like RaGEZONE, but recently I opened a Minecraft server and for that we opened a forum (VBulletin). So now I know my way around the control panels for the forum software. That is all of the basic experience I have had on this forum software.

Activity

Over the two years I have been on this forums, I have been active for pretty much the whole time, only few times each day have I not come onto the forums for personal reasons or just due to be being away. Daily I can be on the forums for 3-6 hours.

Over the time of being on these forums, I have recieved 3 infractions and 2 warnings. These were for stupid things that I did in the past, also my last infraction was received over 9 months ago.

Thank you for reading this application, and if you are going to post hate towards this, just because of a grudge you hold against me please don't. That will not be needed and just doesn't say a lot because it's a tedious grudge.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why not try to apply for a position that's not easily manageable with two people? I mean in the Entertainment section they don't have many posts as a mmo section would have. They also don't have to deal with people re-releasing other's work, scams, etc. I feel like if you wanted to help out the community you would apply for a section that you can actually help people in with their problems. Maybe the minecraft section if you feel you know the in's and out's of a fully functioning minecraft server. But not the entertainment section... Not to be rude either but, so many others are more qualified to be a staff member in my opinion. I also feel you're just thinking about the "fame" and people looking up to you when you applied when really you need to be helping the community in your own ways.

Cheers mate & good luck!

Reaction score
Sorry, But I think you are too young, the only exception I ever voted yes for was Shoelace because he showed a great deal of maturity.

@ OP -> Bare in mind that as a moderator, you don't get that many privileges. Basically, lock,stick and infract. And to be honest, you do not seem qualified enough to have the power of infracting people!

The World Is Yours
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Your attitude definitely has changed, I remember when it was negative but you managed to bring it all the way back up, which is a good point. I guess there's no harm in becoming a "trial mod", you know, to see how things work out, whether you should continue moderating the forum or not.

Reaction score
Why not try to apply for a position that's not easily manageable with two people? I mean in the Entertainment section they don't have many posts as a mmo section would have. They also don't have to deal with people re-releasing other's work, scams, etc. I feel like if you wanted to help out the community you would apply for a section that you can actually help people in with their problems. Maybe the minecraft section if you feel you know the in's and out's of a fully functioning minecraft server. But not the entertainment section... Not to be rude either but, so many others are more qualified to be a staff member in my opinion. I also feel you're just thinking about the "fame" and people looking up to you when you applied when really you need to be helping the community in your own ways.

Cheers mate & good luck!
The reason I applied for this section over a MMO section is because I know a lot more about the section rather than a lot of the MMO sections. I don't contribute much to to the mmo zones alot, this is due to me mainly having more of a interest into the outerworld sections.

I will have to agree with you, lots of people have more experience and are more qualified to be staff, but what is wrong with posting an application to see what my chances were like? Just because it has a moderator and visor present, does not stop any applicant from applying. I disagree strongly with the "fame". I never joined these forums to gather fame, or even to be looked up to, I see my self as a ordinary member still.

Sorry, But I think you are too young, the only exception I ever voted yes for was Shoelace because he showed a great deal of maturity.

@ OP -> Bare in mind that as a moderator, you don't get that many privileges. Basically, lock,stick and infract. And to be honest, you do not seem qualified enough to have the power of infracting people!

Whilst I am quite young yes, I did not show a lot of maturity when I first entered a specific zone on the forums, I for some reason took on a e-persona of someone who I am not. Taking a look back of some of my first posts on the forums, my punctuation and grammar was not the best, looking at some of my more recent posts gives me an impression of how much of a person I have changed into. So now I know my maturity has increased a great deal.

I know what basic powers you get when you become a moderator on these forums, and others. Infractions? I would only give it to deserving users, I would never infract out of spite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back