Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderation Application: Habbo Hotel - Twisted Fate

Reaction score
Name: Wessel V.
Fluent Languages: Dutch, English

Why am I applying?
Whilest I haven't been quite active the past few months, I have been regularly browsing the forums daily. When I saw the request for another moderator in the Habbo Hotel section, I doubted to apply considering my past. However, I decided to try it once again. I can assure the community and senior moderation team I've changed over the past few months, and I won't fall back in my old habits of being a gigantic punt.

My (Moderator) experience
I've moderated the Habbo Hotel section on a different forum quite some time ago, and I've also moderated multiple sections (including various hard ones such as Kal Online) on RaGEZONE. Besides this, I am the owner of a widely used application for "organisations" on Habbo.nl with over 200 active users a day, also managing direct support to the users.

What would I do as a moderator? (Taken from my previous application)
Thanks to my previous moderation tasks and my current job, I am used to deal with different age groups, as they all have a different kind of handling with a situation. Even with the most anoying users(/customers), I can stay calm if needed. As a moderator I am very strict - a rule is a rule, no exceptions. Most of the time people will not like this, and will complain. If this happens, I will first try to explain it to him, and if this doesn't help, I will forward it to a Supervisor/Super Moderator. If it turns out I was wrong - I will change it in my way of moderation for the next time. If situations would get out of hand, I will delete the related comments and post a comment with a warning to prevent any further escalations.

Activity (Taken from my previous application)
I can assure that I will be active, and moderate on regular bases in my sections every day. If I see a report popping up, I will handle it straight away.

Why would I fit in the Habbo Hotel section?
It are my roots, I've always been interested in it. The official Habbo and the development of Habbo Retro's. I would love a chance to moderate the Habbo Hotel section, it's where I would fit best, in my personal opinion.

Weak Point(s) (taken from my previous application)
The following is copied from Wreckless, as it describes it exactly the same for me.
"My only real weak point is that I get a temper once in a while, but I've never gotten to a point where I'm unable to control myself and I usually only get angry if someone starts getting personal. If I ever get to that point I usually just back out and calm down. You can't win 'em all, you know?"

If there is anything I missed out on, please tell me and I will gladly add it to my application. I hope to have a fresh start. Thank you.

Reaction score
You've had 6 posts this year (Excluding this thread), I wouldn't exactly say this is active. I feel that this position should be given to another person. You were removed as a mod, for reasons I have forgotten. All for fresh starts and all but since you have just copied your application from your previous thread and not re-written it I can't vouch for yourself.

Reaction score
It's a no vouch from me.

Reason:
About your activity, you don't need to be active to be a mod of the section, but you are inactive there, very inactive, and as I can see, your latest thread on HH Section was in 2013. It's a bad looking, specially when you say "I can assure that I will be active, and moderate on regular bases,..."

Your latest thread was a little more than a year ago, and your latest thread on HH Section as I can see is: http://forum.ragezone.com/f802/habpl-officially-closed-950541/

In my opinion you gotta be active before applying to mod, not the other way around.

Good luck with your app.

Reaction score
You've had 6 posts this year (Excluding this thread), I wouldn't exactly say this is active. I feel that this position should be given to another person. You were removed as a mod, for reasons I have forgotten. All for fresh starts and all but since you have just copied your application from your previous thread and not re-written it I can't vouch for yourself.

I only post when I deem necessary. I could have posted more in the Habbo Hotel section with meaningless content. This does not have to say anything about my activity. Also I've rewritten parts of my application, however why re-invent the wheel if it is still relevant?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've never seen you in the section, so you are inactive. As I see you neither have any contributions to the section.
It's a no from me.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just curious.. why were you demodded before?

Due to an overwhelming vote, Wessel has been demodded due to attitude and behaviour.

This thread can be found in the Mod Lounge. I am not going to post the whole quote.

Remember, people do change. A perfect example being Lewis :p

Reaction score
Going back onto activity, you could also help out by reporting threads, by from what I can see, you've reported 1 post in the last so many months and that post being in this thread. Why put you as a mod when you're not already helping the section?

Reaction score
Going back onto activity, you could also help out by reporting threads, by from what I can see, you've reported 1 post in the last so many months and that post being in this thread. Why put you as a mod when you're not already helping the section?

Because I am capable of doing it, and also enjoy doing it. I applied because I saw the thread from Shoelace requesting an additional moderator. Whilest I indeed haven't been active at all - there's no denying that - I am fit for the job, if I may say so myself.

U were already mod on devbest. No need to expand your power even further.

You've no contribution to the HH section here on RZ.

It's a no from me.

Also haven't you been on a ban already for a while some months ago?
I have never been banned. When MentaL told me I was being demoted, I understood and was calm about it. If he remembers, he can vouch for that. I remember I even got a WTF? Overkill! subscription, but asked for it to be reverted as I had the VIP Carepackage subscription at the time.

Reaction score
Proof me wrong but you have no contribution to the section you're applying for.

No need to proof you wrong. However, in the past I have been contributing quite a lot to support threads. If you are aware of the progress and have the knowledge, which I have both in my case, you are capable of helping people besides moderating.

Reaction score
No need to proof you wrong. However, in the past I have been contributing quite a lot to support threads. If you are aware of the progress and have the knowledge, which I have both in my case, you are capable of helping people besides moderating.

As Becca said, people change. You may have changed your attitude however you have changed your activity for the worst.

Reaction score
As Becca said, people change. You may have changed your attitude however you have changed your activity for the worst.
I am aware, this has been said multiple times. You are correct. I have been very busy in real life, sorting out college etc. Never really got that back into posting, and I am fully to blame for that.

Oh yeah now I remember what happened. When your VIP carepackage expired you were reverted back to moderator position by the system :p:
Didn't even notice that happening, lol.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Some Moderators/Super Moderators/Administrators can work entirely behind the scenes and do their job perfectly, some are a perfectly social and not very technical, then some are a jack of all trades and a master of none. I don't know much about Twisted Fate, but life can be cruel sometimes and we only grow by getting past what's thrown in our way. If he want's to try and be a mod again, maybe he'll post less and take the job seriously, or maybe he won't be able to do it. For what my word is worth, I'd say it's worth a shot.

Reaction score
Ohhhhhh no no no.

You're claiming you're going to BECOME active in the section you applied for. That is CRAZY! You might as well just throw in the towel already. Start being active, get your head down and re-post a new application when you think it's appropriate.

Your attitude is pretty crappy as well, you need to change that before someone puts you in your place. Also note that experience on some forums do not compare to the experience on a forum like RaGEZONE. If you're a moderator on a forum that has maybe 400 active users and only 20 of them are in the Habbo section, it'd be easier to manage. Here, its compleeeeetely different.

Good luck though.

Back