Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - ACE Online

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Personal Information
Username: FutureAR (or just Future)
Languages: English and German (both fluently)

Section I want to apply for:
The ACE Online section for development and help around the Space Shooter called "ACE Online", "AirRivals" or "Spacecowboy" and its sub-sections

What experiences do i have with ACE Online?
I've been personally playing the german version of the game called AirRivals.de since 2010 back when it was on episode 3.1 & 3.2.
I really enjoyed the idea and its principals but the insane amount of time one had to put in to gain stuff like level, reputation, fame, items in the game made me search for alternatives.
That's where I found the first private servers. Without bragging I can say that I know around 95% of the in-game features of the game till the Episode 4.3 & 4.4 that is currently leeched from official servers and available to private servers (or people who are interested in making them).

When / How did I join RageZone?
After trying several private servers of this game I decided to try my luck at creating an own server back in 2011.
I joined RageZone shortly after that when I was miserably failing at creating my own server with a very very basic knowledge of computer technologies.

Which effects had the game on my life?
I just want to mention shortly that the game had/has quite an impact on how my life was/is going.
With joining RageZone and figuring around with database management and server configurations and also making the most silly mistakes, I got introduced to the whole big world of software engineering with all its technologies.
I was instantly fascinated and am now doing an 3 years (being in the 2nd year atm.) apprenticeship in information technologies for software engineering.

Why do I feel the need to become a Moderator of this section?
I actually considered becoming a moderator a few years back when spammers went crazy in the ACE Online Section, destroying any kind of productive development that was about to grow with either
  • foreign posts,
  • spam posts,
  • advertisements for their servers,
  • heavy insulting,
  • and knocking down "newbies" who were trying their luck at the same thing I was trying mine on.
I kind of feel a Dejavu happening right now.
If you would please have a look at the ACE Section at the moment -> RageZone - ACE Online you see the spam of new threads from the same guy(s) all over for a week now, and no one has done anything about it.
I have not seen any of the ACE Section moderators or those who recently applied for it on the page lately (not blaming anyone ofc).
I would have just PMed a moderator but this is sadly not the first time, this happens (see above).

How do I want to improve the section?
It would already be a good start if I had the opportunity to suppress the ongoing spam in the section. Meaning to:
  • delete duplicated threads or posts to keep the section clean and visible,
  • warn users to prevent endless spam (in a thread or by making a lot of threads about the same topic),
  • lock important topics for the community in order to prevent them from necro-posting and getting to big.

How active are you / can you be for the Section you are applying for?
My work allows me to do private stuff whenever I'm in no project hurry. Therefor I can easily take care of the daily business going on in the ACE Section (that 0 - 4 new posts per day).
I'm also being reminded of things going on here by friends who are active on the section as well <3
I would vaguely say that I wont be off for more than 3 consecutive days. I can (if needed) pull off 2 hours for RageZone on a normal week day and up to 5 hours daily on weekends.

Which experiences do you have as moderator?
I was moderator / technical support guy on several ACE Online server projects that I was working with.
Sadly not many of them had a very bright future...
However I am not familiar with the moderating procedures (reporting to higher staff members, flagging users, locking / deleting critical posts) which you might follow here on RageZone but I would love to be involved with the rules! :)

How do you help/contribute to this section?
I have to admit at this point that I didn't "release" the "big stuff" in the ACE Section.
I always liked to pass on information, that I was given by "pros" to anyone who was showing real interest (just like I did in the beginning) and work himself into something.
I basically like the little support more than making the big releases and gaining a lot of reputation and / or popularity here.
List of my latest support / contribution for this section and its users:

How is your technical knowledge?
In my apprenticeship I'm dealing mostly with managed and/or windows programming languages, like C#, .NET, MSSQL, PHP, JavaScript
However I'm personally very keen on learning the C++ programming language for 8 months now. It's a very very complex language/world that one does not simply learn in weeks ;)
Having the C++ DirectX 9 source code of the game released I'm also doing a lot of testing and learning with the source of ACE Online and certainly have some knowledge about the basic native procedures that the game has.

Further Questions:
If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask them!
I decided to keep my real name out of the information because we are walking on dangerous territory here. There are lots of copyright issues in my country and I prefer staying safe in my future

Last edited:
Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Your application is fairly decent at first glance (I haven't read it all yet) but one of the requirements of applying for a moderator position is to contribute to the section you are applying for.

I looked at your posts, all the threads you created were you asking for help, and were posted over a year ago. On top of this you only have about 5 posts in the last week, and they are in poor English.

I'm sorry I cannot say I support your application.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
With "about 5 posts in the last week" you surely mean the post in this thread here https://forum.ragezone.com/f613/halp-pleese-1062297/ (in fact there is nothing else I can see in my latest posts that makes one think I am writing poor English)
You may notice that the people answering / asking there have quite some reputation on RageZone and started this thread out of curiosity to see if moderators even care about this section. As it still exists (in the wrong section), it proves their / my point...
I was fed up with the ignorance of the Rules we have in the ACE Section and decided to post a copied comment from one of these one-line foreigners.
However, my target would be to solve these issues with opportunities that moderators have... (as explained in my application)

The low post count is explainable by the low productive activity in this section.

I highly recommend you read the whole application.
How do you help/contribute to this section?
I have to admit at this point that I didn't "release" the "big stuff" in the ACE Section.
I always liked to pass on information, that I was given by "pros" to anyone who was showing real interest (just like I did in the beginning) and work himself into something.
I basically like the little support more than making the big releases and gaining a lot of reputation and / or popularity here.

Also a contribution is not defined as releasing something! A contribution is a contribution and as such it means giving work of yours to other people.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your application is fairly decent at first glance (I haven't read it all yet) but one of the requirements of applying for a moderator position is to contribute to the section you are applying for.

I looked at your posts, all the threads you created were you asking for help, and were posted over a year ago. On top of this you only have about 5 posts in the last week, and they are in poor English.

I'm sorry I cannot say I support your application.
But the problem is: i think he is the best candidate at the moment, like he said, there is no active mod in this section and the troll post: https://forum.ragezone.com/f613/halp-pleese-1062297/
still exists, so this section needs a mod.
And: I'm in contact with him for a couple of years now, he has the knowledge about Ace Online, ok he didn't contribute much, because other people maybe already did it before. But you have to know: the old mod of this section had 26 posts (i think no releases) when he became mod and he wasn't really helpful, posted 1 or 2 questions/problems, but no minor/mayor release or help

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Very nice and detailed application. You clearly explain your standpoint on all issues in the section, how you will rectify them and how/when you have contributed. Vouch from myself.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Nicely detailed and laid-out application, Vouch from me

Very nice and detailed application. You clearly explain your standpoint on all issues in the section, how you will rectify them and how/when you have contributed. Vouch from myself.

Thank you a lot for the feedback!

Is there any update on the selection process? Do you plan to have any moderator for this section any time soon?

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thank you a lot for the feedback!

Is there any update on the selection process? Do you plan to have any moderator for this section any time soon?

Just be patient, the higher ups will make a decision when they are ready. Other applications have taken much longer. Just stay active in the section you're applying for and prove why you should be hired :thumbup1:

Back