Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - Aion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Name: Adil
Timezone: GMT +0 (London)
Contact: I’ll send you my email address and/or skype over a PM

A little bit about me (if you're interested)
I'm Adil, I'm 16, I like sleeping, reading, studying (yay A-levels!), taking things apart and trying to rebuild them (like ps3 controllers.. :( ). I'm also an avid computer programmer and sports guy (I'd like to pursue a computer science degree at uni). I also enjoy gaming.

Section I’m applying for: Aion

Why?
I am applying because the section lacks a moderator, and I think I’d be able to a decent enough job of moderating the forum and content. Although I have not contributed I think I’d bring some experience to the position and I’d be able to ease the workload of the current supervisors in that section (James and vLife). I think I’d be able to post some new content and organise the section pretty well.
(Basically I'm applying due to the lack of a moderator in the section). It would also be a springboard into managing other sections, should I do well enough. I think I'd be a good mod due to past experiences and my ability to negotiate and understand a situation. If I were chosen as a mod, I think I'd be able to clean up and manage the section pretty well, and maybe start some competitions/games/etc if people were interested. I'd also try and create a friendly atmosphere in the section so people would be more willing to exchange ideas and share content, rather than create an aura of hostility (which doesn't really benefit anyone).

Experience
I was mod for a while on OS and I held a senior position on another, smaller forum, now defunct. That forum was moderated by an ex-mod on here.

Contribution
As mentioned in the ‘why?’ paragraph, I haven’t contributed at all, but I think I’d be able to help keep the section clean and reorganise it.

Hours I'd be able to dedicate:
I don't usually browse RZ for hours on end, but I do have tapatalk which alerts me of any new content I've subscribed to. On a normal day, I think I'd be around for 1-3 hours. Due to my exams, 1.5 hours is the maximum amount of time I could spend (probably, it depends on if I have an exam on the day).

Infractions:
I had 2 (for bullying I think) from a few years ago, but I’ve learnt from that and matured since then (well I hope I have anyway).

Thanks for reading, I do hope you consider my application!
(Apologies in advance if this is a bit bare, it's quite late at night and I wanted to post it ASAP).

~Adil

Last edited:
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
You have 0 posts in that section, have you only applied for this section because it has no moderators and you want to be a moderator. It really is better to have at least some knowledge on the section and a little know how to you can better moderator the section especially as it is a section with quite a bit of activity.

Good luck though.

Edit: Seen you edited your thread and you show lots of maturity. Maybe if you had put that in before I wouldn't have thought the other things about you. :p Best of Luck

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You have 0 posts in that section, have you only applied for this section because it has no moderators and you want to be a moderator. It really is better to have at least some knowledge on the section.

Yes, I applied for the section because it lacks mods.
I've done some research into it (with regards to knowledge).

Thanks for mentioning that.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
I like you mate, I appreciate your honesty with regards to having never posted in Aion before. Humour me here, would you pretty much be happy to be considered for anywhere?

Reaction score
It will be tough... if you get accepted, you need to realize that you are someone who has nothing to do with aion community yet you are moderating it. People will resent you, test you and some might just dislike you. So try to be nice but strict, care about the section and its objectives and try to get along with people.

Being the new guy sucks, so don't let your emotions get the best of you, and there is no need to infract everyone for stating their opinion. So good luck, hope to see you be part of the team and see you in the aion section.

~ Jangan

Last edited:
f793
Reaction score
You won't get loved at the Aion section if you don't have any kind of contributions to game or even have not played a game. It will be tough job for you to do... Same is happening in ISS section, that's why I am saying this - while none of the moderators have actually played the game. You will struggle on opinions when it comes to discussion.

Reaction score
You have my vouch as well.

Should you get the position in Aion, please take good care of it. It was my first section as a Moderator here at RaGEZONE, so it has a special place in my heart. Should you ever need any advice or assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back