Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Moderator Application] Cabal Online Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
404_image.png

Little Autobiography About Me
My real name is Jevgenij, but please call me Eugene or Augis (unless you can remember my real name), a Lithuanian, who is actually half Russian (who doesn't speak in Russian...), but living in United Kingdom at this moment. I've moved there in 2011, with big dreams and expectations to get something out of it, like most immigrants, and through a long hardships I've fell in love with London and that's where I reside right now.
I'm 26 years old guy with a "constantly changing" passion for Games, Japanese Anime and Manga (till I die), sport, travelling and a various skills background, except for coding. My horoscope is Scorpio and I am kind of the way I am described there. I am realist with pockets full of optimism, having my own beliefs, honest and an open minded person overall, with a very dark sense of humor (as I was told :stupid:).

Discovery of MMORPGs, Cabal Online and Ragezone
On 2005 I've got my first Personal Computer and it was the moment where it all began. After a year of playing various non-online games, a friend of mine introduced me to Mu Online, which I've played for half a year or more, but very very intensively and as most of the people, I've got a bit bored, so I've decided to look for something a bit more wider, compared to Mu and after long searching and various game testing, Cabal Online picked my eye and I've got absorbed in it. I've spent around 2 years playing in Global, but moved to Private Servers Section and went through most of them that was interesting, regardless of their age. The more I've played in them, the more I've got interested and after a suggestion of one fellow Guild Member to change my client's user interface, thanks to Google, I've accidentally found Ragezone, which happened on 2013. Ragezone's discovery and all of its materials encouraged me to start my own projects and learn new skills, which I've never considered.

Activity in Ragezone and attempts of Development
I was not active in my first couple years and became a bit more active 2 years ago (roughly, might be a bit more or a bit less). The first couple years in RZ has been like an on and off stalking from time to time, to see how much development pushed itself and how much people had progressed. Reading various tutorials and going through tons of threads of questions, I've thought that I should start my own project, which has happened in the autumn of 2015 and my activity increased by that time, which was not a clearly visible, but I was always there. This decision to start building something of my own, started to infect me with a some sort of a knowledge-seeking-disease and try various things, which I've had no clue how to use, even such things as Photoshop, Virtual Box, Centos Operating System and one of my favorite, but still hardly fully crackable for my head - Microsoft SQL Server.
Sadly my investment in the section was minimal, couple helps there and there and couple threads about basic things and such, might blame my lack of coding knowledge or just a laziness to learn it, while the real life was also taking my time, just like everyone else's. I would also need to specify that I am not the "hardcore coder super cracker" either. My knowledge is limited to programs and things linked to Cabal, as I am not interested in anything else at this time or in the past year and more.

What is MOD a.k.a. Moderator?
I don't believe a Moderator is an all-goody guy who helps everyone in need whenever someone hit their pinkies in the table corner. I might sound harsh, but Moderator in my eyes is a Person who stand in front of the Rule Board and points with a finger to specific location on that board whenever needed. Prioritizing duties, keeping order, keeping forum section up-to-date, defusing all possible flame and arguments and defend it from various infectious trolls and haters is the first and foremost priorities for Moderators, solely my own opinion though. If I had to point out the strongest trait of the Moderator - it's the neutrality he/she has to keep, in order to be respected, well behaved and judge autonomously, without any BIAS based of "friendships" ; "brotherhoods" and etc. I do believe that Moderator should help, when that help can be given and when it is possible.

Reasons of attempting to become Moderator and future plans (!)
Well.. Of course opening a strip club and a cheap bar for RZ Members, while selling guns, drugs and prostitutes behind the scenes and on regular days starting a new religion and a VAFA movement.
Jokes aside, I've been in this community for a while, to be sincerely honest, I've been in Cabal Online for a very very long time and that's not the years that counts, but intensity of it, to have a full grasp of situation and give my shot to give something positive, attempt to restore section's order.
Currently, the community is in massive decline, not solely because of the random rants, like "it's old game, it's dying" and such, but the existing disorder of the threads, outdated content, mixed episode threads and I could continue for a while. The Cabal Progress grows outside the community and newest information and such are given not in Ragezone, but in completely random places for a price, although, the worst of all (and reason of non sharing / stucked in one place) is the trolls and same questions over and over and over again, which should be handled by someone from a community / section itself, rather than Global Moderators, Supervisors or Other Higher Staff Member getting involved.
I want to put a disclaimer as well, that I do not seek "Green Name" in exchange to give information or give anything overall for that, but to help out the Staff Team to keep an order, renew threads, close dead ones, sort them out in general and some other minor, but very vital things, for which I would gladly invest my time, as Cabal is my passion and Ragezone - a place to meet / attract various people with the same passion and progress it even further, but without order - it will not happen and that's where I would like to help and become a part of it, to keep an eye.

Random Note or Thought or whatever it might be called:
I am not the type of guy who goes out of his way to help everyone in dire need, who are actually lazy to look for the answers by themselves, although I would always point them into correct way if no one else did and if it would be in my knowledge, but going out of my way to help every single one of them, simply feeds the leeches. I think the Ragezone principle is to help progress and let people grow, by sharing it on the same platform, which groups people with same interest. It is a place to share information, give ideas and point people into right direction.
Sadly, current Cabal Section Moderator - Cypher, is not active as much as he was before in there for his own reasons, but I think it would be good to pass baton to someone else to continue keeping sections order, rather than freezing it.

Leaving this application for your judgement. Apologies for any grammar mistakes.
Fingers crossed I haven't forgotten anything, but in that case, I will gladly answer any questions asked!

Special thanks for a person who encouraged me to fill in this application!

Reaction score
Had to light up a smoke, to continue reading it. It reminded me when I read my first book. It was something that I could not stop reading once I started. Very impressive and humble application. You dont see anything like this, these days. People just fill out mod applications, just like elderly people sign up for bingo, hoping they will one day win. All kudos to you my friend. RZ could only benefit from people like you. You are decently aged and seem to be mature for your age. You've played the game long enough to know ins and outs. Your post count is not as big as some member's e-pen which is a good thing. I dont normally give vouch to people applying for mods, because I close the tab after reading first few lines of their applications, but this one had me intrigued. Each paragraph reminded me of watching TV show, where you get a cliff-hanger and you have to watch the next episode to find out what happens next.

All the best with your application, hopefully your application opened many eyes on RZ and changed many opinions that may formed about you.
Удачи и успеха. :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Had to light up a smoke, to continue reading it. It reminded me when I read my first book. It was something that I could not stop reading once I started. Very impressive and humble application. You dont see anything like this, these days. People just fill out mod applications, just like elderly people sign up for bingo, hoping they will one day win. All kudos to you my friend. RZ could only benefit from people like you. You are decently aged and seem to be mature for your age. You've played the game long enough to know ins and outs. Your post count is not as big as some member's e-pen which is a good thing. I dont normally give vouch to people applying for mods, because I close the tab after reading first few lines of their applications, but this one had me intrigued. Each paragraph reminded me of watching TV show, where you get a cliff-hanger and you have to watch the next episode to find out what happens next.

All the best with your application, hopefully your application opened many eyes on RZ and changed many opinions that may formed about you.
Удачи и успеха. :)

A strange response but I too found the application endearing. Touching on his point about post count; it shouldn't matter, has no correlation with ability to moderate. I especially like how you've laid out how you view moderation, others don't do this in their application.

Best one I've read here, and although I have only posted on 3 ever, I find this to be the best one I've read to date.

Reaction score
We recently have a new moderator with less than 50 posts. Post count does not matter anymore. It's not about the amount of posts but the impact those posts (or in new mod's case, reports) have on the community.

Can't fault your app Augis. It's not often we get an application like this. It really is something else.

Vouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back