Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application for the DayZ area

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Name - Michael
Age - 17
Timezone - GMT+/--10:00 or (AUS Eastern Standard Time)
Contact - Email and/or skype can be provided over PM

A bit about me - Hi I'm Michael, I'm 17 currently studying Year 12 at high school, my main reason for being here on RZ is I'm a habbo-tard and it provides me the best resources for it, how ever ever since DayZ standalone came through I've fallen in love with it and decided it's my key to escape. I love cars and do wish to be a diesel engine mechanic, I also love the outdoors such as hunting, camping, rock climbing etc etc which is why DayZ has taken a big chunk of my heart. I've contributed a fair bit to this community, mostly in the Habbo area with a few releases and a lot of helping others how ever at times I have ventured out into other areas to help more and more people. I feel that I'm different to other people as I'm mature in a very well way considering how I used to be, so I believe that with this power and my knowledge I can certainly bring a very well new moderator to the RZ team and to the DayZ area.

Reason for applying - As the area is fairly new it's currently only over looked by vLife and James, which after having a look they do such a big area so I decided I'd take my luck and apply. I'm yet to contribute to the area as I'm still learning the workings of the released DayZ files and once I get the right idea I'll be contributing to help others and more. I think I'd be a good a moderator to the section as I've discovered quite a bit out of it and can bring people news about the development of DayZ and I am really helpful and rarely flame anyone. With me as MOD there it will not only cut vLife and James some more slack to free up there time, but also bring a dedicated MOD to that area to help users and help keep it into shape. You might say I have 0 posts and I'm only applying as I just want to be mod here etc etc.. How ever contribution isn't everything and as I said, I'm still learning about the workings of the released files so do give me time before I make some big contributions.

Experience - I was a MOD on OS for a few months and quickly picked up the ropes to get the job done to a great extent. I did Administrate a very old forum dedicated to a few MMO's but that has now passed on into something else.

Contribution to the area - My quest for contribution in the area is slowly getting there. I've already reported a few posts to be cleaned/removed, and I've helped out someone and guided them to the help section for further help. Like stated before, I will contribute more as time goes on and as I learn more of the inside workings of the released files.

Hours I can be on - Weekdays (excluding Mondays): 4pm to 10pm (AEST)
Weekends: Most of the day depending if I'm out or not
Monday: Only from 6pm to 10pm (AEST)(As I work that day)

Infractions/Warnings - I've had a few warnings I believe for some old posts which looking back shouldn't have been made as they were mostly one liners, how ever I don't believe I've any infractions (to my knowledge).

Thank you for taking the time out to read my application and I hope you take me into deep consideration for the spot of Moderator of the DayZ area.
Please don't forget leave your opinion below as they do count too show what I can do to better fill the spot and make myself a better candidate for it. Cheers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I generally judge people harshly... In your case, I went threw your past few hundred posts and I like what I saw.

Some things for you:
  • Modify your original post, add more information about yourself, who are you? why you? what have you done to the community? whats sets you apart? past infractions?
  • Keep posting at a mature, clean and professional level.
  • If you get rejected, stay strong... contribute to the section you are applying for and try again in few weeks/months. If you get accepted, I'm hoping to see you around a lot and see that you made a difference in our home community.
  • Work on presentation... first impressions are a key in life :)

My vote is a YES.

My kindest regards and best of wishes;
~ Jangan

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I generally judge people harshly... In your case, I went threw your past few hundred posts and I like what I saw.

Some things for you:
  • Modify your original post, add more information about yourself, who are you? why you? what have you done to the community? whats sets you apart? past infractions?
  • Keep posting at a mature, clean and professional level.
  • If you get rejected, stay strong... contribute to the section you are applying for and try again in few weeks/months. If you get accepted, I'm hoping to see you around a lot and see that you made a difference in our home community.
  • Work on presentation... first impressions are a key in life :)

My vote is a YES.

My kindest regards and best of wishes;
~ Jangan

To be very honest, I saw you replied to my thread I know that you do reply harshly so I was ready to take everything you have said into consideration, and I have done so. I've edited my original post to make that bit better. Thank you for your wise words though, it does mean a lot. And if I don't get the position, then oh well. I'm still going to head into the DayZ area and do my bit to help others.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Jangan has some very solid advice for you FatalLulz
I agree with his opinion after looking over some posts. Not that I needed too knowing Jangan is very blunt, honest, and to the point, as am I.
As mentioned either way, definitely keep working on promoting the Community and yourself.
Good luck, my vote is Yes.

I've definitely taken his words into deep consideration as I've watched him post on other apps so I've built myself on here around that and just by learning from very old mistakes. :): I'll do the best I possibly can and more hopefully. Thanks for the vouch though.

Reactions: DNC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back