Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - Fiesta Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is my application for a moderator position for Fiesta Online.

Name: Farbod

Why Should You Choose Me?
- Member of the community for 3+ years.
- Exponential experience in the Fiesta section.
- I can think outside the box therefore I am always coming up with new ideas and suggestions.
- View opinions and suggestions from different perspectives, allowing me to make conclusive decisions.
- I am easy to reach and regularly active.
- I have contributed to the Fiesta section greatly, allowing further development of Fiesta private servers.
- Experience with moderating forums and handling users and/or disputes in a sensible fashion.
- I am regularly active on the forums, therefore moderation of the section will be regular.
- Mature personality and behavior, which allows me to make informed and mature decisions.

My Contributions
SHN Editor Development: http://forum.ragezone.com/f592/shn-editor-1007154/
SHN Editor Release: http://forum.ragezone.com/f593/shn-editor-release-1043822/
Odin File Fixes: http://forum.ragezone.com/f593/odin-file-fixes-912308/
Tools / Source codes / Commands: http://forum.ragezone.com/f593/fiesta-online-tool-source-codes-1000949/
Odin Launcher: http://forum.ragezone.com/f593/easy-odin-launcher-921842/
Service Tools: http://forum.ragezone.com/f593/server-service-tools-907200/

I think some of my older contributions may have been basic but, the fact is that I was contributing and trying to help the community whom no one was helping/contributing to at the time.

And although my contributions may not seem like a lot, I have been working with other people and users to bring more to the Fiesta community. I believe that I have some hand in other contributions which have also been posted in the Fiesta Section and I am currently trying to revolutionize the Fiesta section by creating an up to date emulator which will allow users to further customize and alter the game, and as it is this option will greatly influence this section once it is completed and released to a high enough standard.

Extra Information
I have previous moderator and administrator experiences, which I believe can help to even further my understanding of the position and my responsibilities that comes with applying and becoming a moderator for the Fiesta Section.

As I have previous moderation experience I have already memorized and I am already familiar with most of the basic forum rules, such as spamming, bumping topics and flaming. In addition I have read the forums rules which was posted by MentaL (http://forum.ragezone.com/f71/forum-rules-101410/) before applying as a moderator, as I know the importance of being able to know the rules so that you can enforce them.

Although not often, I try to visit other sections of the community, for example the RaiderZ section, Subscription Zone, MMORPG Extra sections, Coder's Paradise and the Portfolio section. Although I spend most of my time in the Fiesta Section as that is my 'home' I guess you could say.

Also, my subscription was earned via a forum contest within the Fiesta section. I was given this subscription after being recognized for my contributions.

To my knowledge, I do not remember receiving any infractions, warnings or bans; I think that this shows my ability to follow the rules on a regular basis (3 Years) and therefore puts me in a positive position.

And to be honest, before I made this post I did some research looking and reading at tens of other moderator applications to make sure that I am creating an application which is of the best standard. The time at which I am making this post is quite late (5 AM) so please forgive me for any mistakes and if you can point them out for correction that would be great. Also if there is any other information which needs to be added or anything which needs to be removed, please let me know and I will modify this post as necessary.

Thank you for reading my application and make sure to leave a reply as I would like to be aware and be able to read your opinion about my application.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll vouch for him, we've had our differences, but time has healed the wounds (Y).

He seems to be a good contributor (hence why I brought him a sub, to reward him for his work). and seems to be a talented developer for Fiesta.

Where Mucski states '...fiesta section with ease' it's not easy to control a section which has been neglected for a long time without rules, enforcing the rules will bring you grief, as it did with I. Just need to be level headed and don't take the grief. Dunno what happened to the rules I drafted up, probably deleted when the almighty MentaL banned me, they may be in the moderator section - so you could hunt them out :)! - if not I'm sure I can hunt them out for you in word.

Don't regularly see you providing support in the section but understandable with so many of the same support requests, where they need to search before posting.

Over all yes. I think FarbodD would make a good Mod for the Fiesta Section.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'll vouch for him.

Farbod is as far as I know a good developer for Fiesta and he's good in managing a problem or other thinks. He also supports other people and released a lot of things what people need. So I think that FarbodD would be a nice moderator.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Code:
If you joined 12:00am on September 1st, 2012, that was 883 days ago, which is 2.4 years. You said 3+ years. Which is it?!?!

Other than this, vouch. Seems mature and able to do the job a Mod needs to do.

Reaction score
Code:
If you joined 12:00am on September 1st, 2012, that was 883 days ago, which is 2.4 years. You said 3+ years. Which is it?!?!

Other than this, vouch. Seems mature and able to do the job a Mod needs to do.

I have an account which is older (Registered in 2009), its name is 'freeky'. Since I didn't like the name I created a new account with my new email address as I couldn't buy a subscription. If you send me a private message on that account or would like me to post to verify then don't hesitate to ask. If you do send me a PM then notify me on this account as I no longer access my old account. It only has one post I made about 2 years ago and that post is below a post made by this account saying that it's me (my old username was dragonluck4). Haha

So more accurately, I guess you could say that I have only been active in the community for about 3 years but I joined and have been a part of the community for about 6 years now.

Cyndaquil I understand his questioning and I believe that he was in the right to point that out, it was my bad for not providing enough information, not everyone can think outside of the box. :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just to prove myself. Hey there, it is me MrFarbodD. :) I understand that I may have confused you by not providing enough information. I should have probably stated that my registration date does not symbolize the amount of time which I have been part of the Ragezone community. Sorry, I hope this clears everything up.

Reaction score
As far as I am aware there is no rule preventing users from creating multiple accounts? the only rule which mentions creating a new account is to evade a ban which is rule 26 and I have never been banned before.

404_image.png

EDIT: I think we are going a bit off topic now. Can we get back to the matter at hand please.

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'll vouch for him. I wasn't in the Fiesta scene for too long. I opened a server (Icarus), die out in about 3 months, moved on.

But from everything I've read and experienced in the Fiesta section, he seems like a good candidate for a moderator.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
You seem mature, you have contributed to the section you're applying for and the application looks fabulous. I definitely wouldn't mind having you in the team.

@Cyndaquil
Please, hakuna your tatas. @MrFarbodD is perfectly capable of handling critism on his own. Please, keep the application clean and stay on-topic. If you feel the urge to reply to people, please send a PM.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I believe Farbod is mature, and he's helped out the fiesta community a bunch. So he has my vote ~

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I'll give him my vote. He has always done a good job on the forum and helping others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back