Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - Gaming Hotspot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Moderator Application - Gaming Hotspot!

Username: Shoelace (Only one I have had and don't plan on changing any time soon.)
Date of Birth: 12/1/1999
Contact Information:Jamthatruns@hotmail.co.uk
(Other contact information can be provided if needed)
Languages: English and some French however not fluent but still learning.

Section I am applying for:
The section I am applying for is the 'Gaming Hotspot!' section.
Gaming Hotspot!

Why I am applying for this section?
I am applying for this section because it doesn't currently have a moderator just a supervisor, ChewBecca. I have made reports to this section and they haven't been handled and this may be due to the section not having a moderator and ChewBecca being busy with other jobs a supervisor has to do. There is many threads in the section which are not following the rules, for example there is many thread that don't contain thread tags relating to the console or system.(Rule 1: Each thread must have a tag [1] for the console that it is referring to.) Also there are thread that don't contain enough information about the game they are creating a discussion about. For example,http://forum.ragezone.com/f81/wildstar-opinions-998032/. I would like to become a moderator so I can clean up this section and get more activity in the section as at the moment it doesn't have much activity. I also love getting involved in discussion about different games and love finding out all about new games people have brought and what they think of them as it helps me chose what games I want to buy next.

Experience:
I haven't actually got any experience with moderating forums however I always like to learn and I have to start somewhere. As the section I am applying for doesn't have much activity it could be a great starting point for someone who doesn't have lots of moderating experience and this could help me learn. The only experience I would say I have is that I have created a few demo's of forums and tested out features but nothing more than that. I totally understand if you would be looking for someone with more experience to moderate a 'Evolutions' Section but I just wanted to have the chance to apply and have the chance to become a moderator and help clean up the section.

My Contribution
I think it is harder to contribute to an 'Evolution' section than MMO sections however I have tried my best to create open discussion threads and post replies to other threads where I can. I have contributed to many other sections like Habbo and TV/Film. I know that this isn't much of a contribution I am posting much more in this section and creating more threads and have posted in the past. Also, I always look over this section to find things to report to help keep it clean but not always the reports get handled, I love just reading threads to see different peoples opinions. My contributions is probably the weakest point of my application and I know that but I am trying to improve on that.

My Activity:
I have became increasingly more active on the forums and have spent most of my free time on the forums. I can spend anywhere between 12hours - 3hours on the forums and I love being on the forums is lots of fun and keeps me entertained as I don't have much else to do.

Why I joined Ragezone and what I have done:
I joined Ragezone back in March 2012 (Been lurking around months before joining) and I joined because I wanted to contribute to the Habbo Section with my custom ideas and badges. They weren't the best but I had to start somewhere. I stayed solely to the Habbo section for quite a while and after the TV/Film section was added to the forums I made quite a bit of contribution to that section and I loved it very much (I did put a suggestion in for a TV/Film section 2 or so months before it was created so maybe that helped influence Vendaku~Metal to create another thread wanting a TV/Film section).

I was awarded the 'Biggest spammer 2012' award in the Ragezone Awards and most people would think this as a bad achievement however I liked it very much (Got Alpha rank in under a year). I then become quite in-active due to personal problems and busy with school work but I am back and back for good.

I came back to Ragezone with more of a mature attitude and better grammar, ( my grammar was poor before and I have cut out almost all slang).When I came back noticed that both section I loved had started to become in-active so I didn't have many places to post. So I started to diverse my posting areas and started to post in different areas including the 'Gaming Hotspot!'.

Other things I have done for the forums. Even though I haven't done as many post as I usually do, I have done many reports. I have over 140 reports in many different sections which is a small contribution but always reporting daily.

I think being on Ragezone has made me more mature and helped me correct my bad grammar which when I look back at my older threads just looks terrible and have gone back and edited some of my threads because the grammar is so bad.

Infractions and warnings:
I currently have 0 points. In the past I have been given 4 warnings and 1 infraction, all expired. I have learnt from my warnings and have improved myself and my behaviour due to them.

Thanks for reading
Shoelace

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well well... a 15 year old that can construct such post and convince me to read every word he wrote :O

+1 to you, I highly vouch, and would love to see youngsters show similar creativity, put the time and effort into creating quality threads/posts.

~ Jangan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Infractions and warnings:
I currently have 0 points. In the past I have been given 3 warnings and 1 infraction, all expired. I have learnt from my warnings and have improved myself and my behaviour due to them.

Very honest :) AWESOME Application!

Rogu3
Reaction score
Vouch! You've always been a loyal user. You post for a reason, not to annoy people, and you contribute across the board. I've seen you in sections that you probably don't even know what the game is, but you're just curious which is perfect for Gaming Hotspot. Once again, vouch, and good luck to you sir.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Outstanding application, great to see that you were comfortable with the one you've posted. You got my vouch no doubt as I've seen the various posts you report from numerous sections across the board. Well aware of each individual section rules.

Best of luck.

f793
Reaction score
I like this guy too. Good luck. I might be supporting you with few game giveaways if everything goes perfectly :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Pretty sound application. Def considering you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back