Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Moderator Application] Gate to Heavens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
My personal Information :

Username: lucky
Languages: French , English

Section I want to apply for:

I want to apply for Gate to Heavens section.

What experiences do i have with Gate to Heavens?

I've been personally playing the official version from 2004 to 2006 . After the official server closing , i opened my own server ( TXZOnline , GTHEU , GTHGAME , GTHDREAM )...

My history with RageZone?

I Joined RageZone a long time ago . I made some release in IRIS Online and Gate to Heavens Online. I was moderator on both section ... Some things happened in my life so i left ragezone for a while ... . Now i'm back ragezone ... and want to release more in Gate To Heavens.
I have lost some of my game code ... so i will try to find back ...

Why do I feel the need to become a Moderator of this section?

The game section is almost dead , and i want to release some things ... ( WEB , GAME SERVER ... ) .
I want to help for revive this section. I will also delete the spam , insulte ... And edit properly the threads .
This section doesnt have a real active moderator ... so i will handle this job if it's possible.

How do I want to improve the section?

It would already be a good start if I had the opportunity to suppress the ongoing spam in the section. Meaning to:

• delete duplicated threads or posts to keep the section clean and visible,
  • warn users to prevent endless spam (in a thread or by making a lot of threads about the same topic),
  • lock important topics for the community in order to prevent them from necro-posting and getting to big.

How active are you / can you be for the Section you are applying for?

I will be online sometimes , it's depend of my free time ... I will try my best ...

Which experiences do you have as moderator?

I was Administrator of many game websites ... Also as i told before ... i was moderator here for 2 sections in 2012- 2013 .

How do you help/contribute to this section?

I have released many files and sources codes in both sections . ( IRIS and Gate to Heavens ) . I will try to release more if i can get my files back .

How is your technical knowledge?

I know a little C++ / php / java .

PS : If you have any question just let me know i will try my best to answer you.
Sorry for my bad english ...

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
It seems that the Gate To Heavens section is already archived, if you notice any duplicate thread then please report them.
The archives aren't checked by it's moderators if there aren't new posts because they assume that the section is clean.

I don't think we need a new moderator for a section in the archive. But if you want to try to revive the section, then go ahead. But I doubt you'll succeed.

It's a no for me because the section you're applying for is already in the archive and handled by 3 moderators.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Hmm this application reminds me a lot of my own one. In fact this point is just plain copied:

It would already be a good start if I had the opportunity to suppress the ongoing spam in the section. Meaning to:

• warn users to prevent endless spam (in a thread or by making a lot of threads about the same topic),
  • lock important topics for the community in order to prevent them from necro-posting and getting to big.

You can also revive the section without being a moderator of it. From your post / like ratio I can see that users appreciate your contributions already :)

I also can't find a Gate to Heavens Section. Only thing I find is IRIS Online which has a Moderator and hardly shows any activity...

I'm sorry but I don't think there is a need for another moderator either.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The section you applied for, as you admit yourself, is basically dead. Along with that we currently have 3 moderators looking after the Old Archived Files so I think it would be overkill hiring another to specifically moderate a particular section that get little to no posts a month. As Future said, you can revive a section without being a moderator.

I just don't think it's necessary at this moment in time.

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm this application reminds me a lot of my own one. In fact this point is just plain copied:

You can also revive the section without being a moderator of it. From your post / like ratio I can see that users appreciate your contributions already :)

I also can't find a Gate to Heavens Section. Only thing I find is IRIS Online which has a Moderator and hardly shows any activity...

I'm sorry but I don't think there is a need for another moderator either.

It's in the old archieves , I couldnt find it either , had to google search "Gates to heavens ragezone forum" , the first link the the section.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
In fact i wanted to pin thread and also change the title of my topic , but it's seems to be not possible ...

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
In fact i wanted to pin thread and also change the title of my topic , but it's seems to be not possible ...
Then you contact a moderator trough PM if you wanted to change something regarding your topic.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

you cant sticky or edit threads if you are not a moderator.

You have also copied another application from an accepted application, and applying for a section which has already been archived.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f621/gate-heavens-1077645/#post8492700

You decide that you are going to be active again after how long, and expect to gain mod status right away?

Please remind yourself of the forum rules, start becoming part of the community again, and become active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back