Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - Habbo Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
To Whom This May Concern (RaGEZONE Community),

Personal Information
I’m Shorty, also known as Ash. I currently live within the United Kingdom (GMT/BST). I’m 21 years old, spend most of my time on the internet roaming around, or at work making money.

Which section are you applying for?
Habbo Hotel

Why me?
I feel that I have avoided applying to become a moderator for a very long time, however now is the right time. I have previous experience moderating so I know what’s expected and have the knowledge of vBulletin. I also have have a fair amount of knowledge on the Habbo Hotel community from the past and present.

Why moderator?
Becoming a moderator within the Habbo Hotel section has always been on the back of my mind, however now I feel that I have the knowledge to become a good moderator for the section. As a moderator I would perform the usual duties as well as go out of my way in helping others within the section. I’ll be honest, I could sit here and lie that I’m going to improve the section dramatically, but that’s simply not fully true, because the community take part in that, however I do feel that the section requires extra care in-which I’ll be able to help out in by choosing the correct content and getting rid of any inappropriate content.

Experience
I signed up to RaGEZONE in 2007 based on a member recommending this website to me, I’ve always been based within the Habbo Hotel section and I know a good amount of people within that section.

On another quite popular forum regarding Habbo Hotel, I became a Moderator which later developed into being one of the lead administrators of the website, managing the forums as well as other staff members.

Behaviour
I would agree with anybody that my behaviour has been poor on RaGEZONE in the past, however I believe it’s greatly improved over the past few years and months. I have actively reported posts more often, as well as guided others towards the help they need.

Infractions or bans?
No, I do not have any previous bans. However, I do have infractions from the past where my immature behaviour has got the better of me, however they’re mainly from 07-08, with a couple in 11’ and one in 2012.

If you require anymore personal information, don't hesitate to PM me.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. It’s been awhile seen I’ve had to make an application towards anything, so I do apologise in advance.

Kind Regards,
Shorty

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
how ever .. he really knows how to do his work ... it would be good if u will be a Moderator so GOOD LUCK . !!!

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Don't understand why you would give up V.I.P to become green...

It's a vouch from me. You've been apart of the Habbo community for ages and have seen you help out users. However, you're activity does fluctuate.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i agree what u said Shoelace u must be keep moving forward everything u help is help that will make this community popular :D

Shorty u must not give up whenever if that is hard you have a V.I.P postition on this forum just keep moving forward u have help many members on this forum ..

Last edited:
Reaction score

It's a vouch from me. You've been apart of the Habbo community for ages and have seen you help out users. You're activity does fluctuate.
Thanks man! :)

I've thought about the prospect of losing my VIP colour over becoming green but that doesn't concern me too much. Personally I think it makes my application slightly more meaningful that I'm willing to give it up.

Reaction score
I totally agree of he being a Moderator for Habbo Section. He is pretty good with habbo development. I have previously talked to him some years back, on n0minal jm, and he seems a very nice guy! Would be a terrible waste don't hiring him.

It's a vouch from me. You've been apart of the Habbo community for ages and have seen you help out users. However, you're activity does fluctuate.

He will give to me :junglejane:

f793
Reaction score
Thanks man! :)

I've thought about the prospect of losing my VIP colour over becoming green but that doesn't concern me too much. Personally I think it makes my application slightly more meaningful that I'm willing to give it up.

You can always stay VIP and Moderator. Good luck!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I certainly vouch for Shorty, I say he'd suit the job perfectly. He has contributed a lot towards the Habbo Community over the years. I have waited for this day to come for a long time. Let this be his retirement gift.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The habbo section is in need of someone with heavy experience to clean it and keep it that way. It'd be a tough job requiring someone online a fair bit and ready for anything.

I think you can do that. Good luck amigo. Certainly a yes from me. Let's rave on Skype with Connor :p:

Reaction score
If you do become a moderator, MentaL could probably twist the rank so you keep your current title like he did with the Developer/Moderator rank.

You have my vouch. Good luck.

Can confirm via MentaL that you would be correct.

Thanks for your vouch, lots of support going on in this thread. <3

Big vouch for Shorty, definitely knows what he's doing.

Thank you! :)

Reaction score
Too be honest I think you're not really qualified to do the job.

First of all you are not a big contributor to the Habbo Hotel community here on RaGEZONE. You haven't posted a lot of stuff and you latest discussion thread was merely a show off thread.
You're not really active in any of the subsections and I think being a moderator in such a big section requires you to be active. Being active isn't only about releasing stuff, also in the help section I rarely see you there even though you say you have a big 'knowledge'? Why don't you help people then? You don't need to have that moderator rank to help people or to share you knowledge right? Its useless if keepen private and not worth mentioning.

Like I said, you haven't actively contributed in the last year and from what I hear about your personal life I don't think you have the time dedicated for moderating this section.

I feel that you only want this position so you can put it in your trophy cabinet as personal achievement. The section needs a active, dedicated moderator who is at this time helping other people and actively reporting inappropriate or rule breaking content. The section doesn't need the occasional moderator that checks once a day for reports and then goes on doing other things.

I’ll be able to help out in by choosing the correct content and getting rid of any inappropriate content.
As per releasing, the community decides whats apropriate and what not and what should get rid of. Moderators don't decide.

My vouch is a no mainly because I haven't seen you being active in the past year and a half and I'm fairly certain that activty should be high when applying, not after getting that position. Besides that, I don't think you have the time dedicated for it as you once told me you sometimes work lonk shifts etc. You're a nice guy but I don't think you can keep up with your current amount of time you're working and modding the Habbo Hotel section.

Reaction score

First of all you are not a big contributor to the Habbo Hotel community here on RaGEZONE. You haven't posted a lot of stuff and you latest discussion thread was merely a show off thread.
You're not really active in any of the subsections and I think being a moderator in such a big section requires you to be active. Being active isn't only about releasing stuff, also in the help section I rarely see you there even though you say you have a big 'knowledge'? Why don't you help people then? You don't need to have that moderator rank to help people or to share you knowledge right? Its useless if keepen private and not worth mentioning.

Like I said, you haven't actively contributed in the last year and from what I hear about your personal life I don't think you have the time dedicated for moderating this section.

I feel that you only want this position so you can put it in your trophy cabinet as personal achievement. The section needs a active, dedicated moderator who is at this time helping other people and actively reporting inappropriate or rule breaking content. The section doesn't need the occasional moderator that checks once a day for reports and then goes on doing other things.

As per releasing, the community decides whats apropriate and what not and what should get rid of. Moderators don't decide.

My vouch is a no mainly because I haven't seen you being active in the past year and a half and I'm fairly certain that activty should be high when applying, not after getting that position. Besides that, I don't think you have the time dedicated for it as you once told me you sometimes work lonk shifts etc. You're a nice guy but I don't think you can keep up with your current amount of time you're working and modding the Habbo Hotel section.

Thanks for your time in replying.

I agree I haven't been the most active person on these forums for a while in terms of posting, but I'm forever in the background browsing the help forums and also general releases/development threads as well as ongoing updates to the section. Does that make me any less inactive? Sure, but not really.

There are plenty of tutorials out on the sections already, if I feel like I know something better I'll put my point across but everybody seems to be doing an great job already in the tutorials department, plus as you may of noticed already, I really really hate writing long replies.

My personal life regarding work doesn't take up more than the standard hours people work, so I would strongly disagree with your point. However, you are correct, I do work long shifts (12 hours) sometimes but that also means I get 2 days, instead of 1 day off that week, therefore freeing up more time.

I'm not here to gain trophies for my non-existent cabinet, here for the experience just like everybody else.

I respect your opinion for putting across your honest views, if you have anymore concerns feel free to PM me or write below.

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Ash has really improved over the past years. He used to be a dic.... hhehehe. But now he is a gentlemen ( almost ) :eek:tt1:

He has contributed the best thing to the section. The Phoenix Emulator ( Actually Predator team did :D but he is the one who created it )
Idk if Habbo is needing a Mod or not cuz I have left the section ( Used to be fun 2-3 years ago )If it needs one then he is a nice candidate.

And about the time part. "spend most of my time on the internet roaming around, or at work making money."
Habbo is an internet game ( would not call one though ;p )

Good luck to you Ash, you have my vouch. :thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back