Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Moderator Application] - Habbo Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was told you were looking for moderators. I think I can get the job done :8:

My name is Hunter, I'm a 17 year old male from the United States, and I hate these things because I hate qualifying myself, so strap in.

I first began as a young noob long ago, who had recently found out that there was a time in Habbo called the Shockwave era. Games were played, pools were closed, and so much more possibility lay in the Hallways (I and II). BattleBall intrigued me beyond belief, too, so I hopped on RaGEZONE, and probably collected a vast library of malware as I downloaded anything labelled like "Habbo Server.exe" in the hopes of finding a version that had these games.

I've really grown up around this section, too. I started with some crazy ideas but learned the ropes. I wasn't always popular in the community at all, perhaps a post from me was dreaded. I'm certain the majority of my posts contributing to my Alpha Member status are inconsequential (at best). However, context has led to understanding, and I do feel as though I have a deep sense of what's what in this community. My discussion and/or insight about our community on the hill has been generally well-received, especially lately,

https://forum.ragezone.com/f802/word-spoonfeeding-1086125/ (I'll have you know it's been stickied ;)
https://forum.ragezone.com/f802/staff-1074109/
https://forum.ragezone.com/f801/theory-1070772/

My contributions, though limited, aren't irrelevant at all. If you look at my contributions, the theme is contribution in an area that's lacking.

WindPHP was developed because PHPRetro was vulnerable, unclean, yet the only viable option for a Shockwave hotel.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f331/php-windphp-whistler-r26-1016190/

Continuing with the theme of Shockwave, I knew that one day Cecer's archive would have to be removed (although I don't think it has, to date), so I decided to take the responsibility and build a repository of communal treasures from the golden era of DCRs.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f353/library-public-shockwave-library-1021697/

The UberCMS IPN was there for similar reasons. People wanted to monetize their retros, I had to pay my bills, yet I couldn't find a simple, well-explained option for UberCMS. I found one on Otaku, yet it didn't get much attention, so I re-released it after fixing it up for Uber.
https://forum.ragezone.com/f353/paypal-paypal-ipn-automatic-vip-897947/

There was also a lack of a well-organized catalog, quite some time back, so I contributed two.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f353/jubbo-catalogue-r3-jubbo-840649/
https://forum.ragezone.com/f353/r63b-updated-catalog-bcstorm-926666/

Same goes for the Shoutcast statistics script.
https://forum.ragezone.com/f353/php-shoutcast-api-script-sc_api-896877/

As I look back over these old threads of mine, I can see why people would be nervous accepting me as a moderator. I've been a bit of a hothead and/or general douche, but I don't think it disqualifies me completely, given the fact that I've done quite a bit of growing. I did get into some trouble around retro Facebook because people are stupid, but the DDoS/Dox wars affected us all.

I generally try to be positive and fair in my decision-making, but that might not be well-exemplified by any posts (given the powerless nature I have). I don't have any particular bias against anyone, either, and I think of myself as a pretty responsible person. I've never really tried to screw anyone over (prove it.)

The infractions might disqualify me, but I can't be certain. I haven't received one for the Habbo section since last year, but I received one for a stupid idea in the TV/Entertainment section (lewis had it out for me though). I'd also like to state is that I have a lot of free time these days. Senior year is here and I have nothing to take too seriously for at least a year. I'm not a member of any retros, was going to work on a roleplay emulator based on Jonteh's lovely release, but I have nothing else truly tying me down.

If you're looking for more of a reason to my application, it's because I'm highly motivated to be a community leader. I think every now and then a fresh face brings life into the community once more, and I think that it requires someone to truly demonstrate the way we should all operate. This is especially in regard to the projects and releases that we have. I think I'm the right person because I try to be as professional and restrained as possible. I think I have a lot of helpful Habbo projects coming up, too, even though I haven't been public about my fluency with such things. I want people to see that we're still thriving as a section, and these complaints about us being dead can be remedied by a little hard work from everyone, top to bottom. I think the moderator position, as a show of community faith and high honor, is the perfect way for me to assist the cause.

Not sure what else there is to say. If you need to know more, please ask.

Ok, go ahead and roast me my friends!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice and young with not many responsibilities IRL... Thats what MentalL usually looks for i think... Good luck you seem nice :)

Seem Keen aswell, hope you get it... Lets see what happens with the other applicant though first lol, dont think its going to well for him at the minute...

Reactions: DNC
Rogu3
Reaction score
I was told you were looking for moderators. I think I can get the job done :8:

My name is Hunter, I'm a 17 year old male from the United States, and I hate these things because I hate qualifying myself, so strap in.

I first began as a young noob long ago, who had recently found out that there was a time in Habbo called the Shockwave era. Games were played, pools were closed, and so much more possibility lay in the Hallways (I and II). BattleBall intrigued me beyond belief, too, so I hopped on RaGEZONE, and probably collected a vast library of malware as I downloaded anything labelled like "Habbo Server.exe" in the hopes of finding a version that had these games.

I've really grown up around this section, too. I started with some crazy ideas but learned the ropes. I wasn't always popular in the community at all, perhaps a post from me was dreaded. I'm certain the majority of my posts contributing to my Alpha Member status are inconsequential (at best). However, context has led to understanding, and I do feel as though I have a deep sense of what's what in this community. My discussion and/or insight about our community on the hill has been generally well-received, especially lately,

https://forum.ragezone.com/f802/word-spoonfeeding-1086125/ (I'll have you know it's been stickied ;)
https://forum.ragezone.com/f802/staff-1074109/
https://forum.ragezone.com/f801/theory-1070772/

My contributions, though limited, aren't irrelevant at all. If you look at my contributions, the theme is contribution in an area that's lacking.

WindPHP was developed because PHPRetro was vulnerable, unclean, yet the only viable option for a Shockwave hotel.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f331/php-windphp-whistler-r26-1016190/

Continuing with the theme of Shockwave, I knew that one day Cecer's archive would have to be removed (although I don't think it has, to date), so I decided to take the responsibility and build a repository of communal treasures from the golden era of DCRs.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f353/library-public-shockwave-library-1021697/

The UberCMS IPN was there for similar reasons. People wanted to monetize their retros, I had to pay my bills, yet I couldn't find a simple, well-explained option for UberCMS. I found one on Otaku, yet it didn't get much attention, so I re-released it after fixing it up for Uber.
https://forum.ragezone.com/f353/paypal-paypal-ipn-automatic-vip-897947/

There was also a lack of a well-organized catalog, quite some time back, so I contributed two.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f353/jubbo-catalogue-r3-jubbo-840649/
https://forum.ragezone.com/f353/r63b-updated-catalog-bcstorm-926666/

Same goes for the Shoutcast statistics script.
https://forum.ragezone.com/f353/php-shoutcast-api-script-sc_api-896877/

As I look back over these old threads of mine, I can see why people would be nervous accepting me as a moderator. I've been a bit of a hothead and/or general douche, but I don't think it disqualifies me completely, given the fact that I've done quite a bit of growing. I did get into some trouble around retro Facebook because people are stupid, but the DDoS/Dox wars affected us all.

I generally try to be positive and fair in my decision-making, but that might not be well-exemplified by any posts (given the powerless nature I have). I don't have any particular bias against anyone, either, and I think of myself as a pretty responsible person. I've never really tried to screw anyone over (prove it.)

The infractions might disqualify me, but I can't be certain. I haven't received one for the Habbo section since last year, but I received one for a stupid idea in the TV/Entertainment section (lewis had it out for me though). I'd also like to state is that I have a lot of free time these days. Senior year is here and I have nothing to take too seriously for at least a year. I'm not a member of any retros, was going to work on a roleplay emulator based on Jonteh's lovely release, but I have nothing else truly tying me down.

If you're looking for more of a reason to my application, it's because I'm highly motivated to be a community leader. I think every now and then a fresh face brings life into the community once more, and I think that it requires someone to truly demonstrate the way we should all operate. This is especially in regard to the projects and releases that we have. I think I'm the right person because I try to be as professional and restrained as possible. I think I have a lot of helpful Habbo projects coming up, too, even though I haven't been public about my fluency with such things. I want people to see that we're still thriving as a section, and these complaints about us being dead can be remedied by a little hard work from everyone, top to bottom. I think the moderator position, as a show of community faith and high honor, is the perfect way for me to assist the cause.

Not sure what else there is to say. If you need to know more, please ask.

Ok, go ahead and roast me my friends!
While I can say, you are loyal to the section and have been around long enough. I cannot say that I vouch. You have made very few contributions to the section recently other than flaming and trolling. When I was a moderator in HH, you got involved in so many fights and flame wars, it's insane. I remember just warning you, and you got super heated about it and tried to get in a fight with me. Being a good moderator means following the rules and accepting them for yourself. If you can't do that, you would not work out as a moderator. I think you're a good guy, but as a moderator, I don't think you would be a good fit. Sorry bud, no vouch here.

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
While I can say, you are loyal to the section and have been around long enough. I cannot say that I vouch. You have made very few contributions to the section recently other than flaming and trolling. When I was a moderator in HH, you got involved in so many fights and flame wars, it's insane. I remember just warning you, and you got super heated about it and tried to get in a fight with me. Being a good moderator means following the rules and accepting them for yourself. If you can't do that, you would not work out as a moderator. I think you're a good guy, but as a moderator, I don't think you would be a good fit. Sorry bud, no vouch here.

I acknowledge that I wasn't always a well-tempered individual, but I don't acknowledge that I got into an insane amount of fights and flame wars. Besides, they're rare these days.

And I disagree that that's been my main contribution. The one's I've given are, indeed, somewhat marginal, but I'd rather they help a few people a lot than a lot of people a little. The forum really didn't need any more RevCMS edits or themes. I didn't do much in the way of C# but I only recently learned it. And regardless of my acceptance, I'll be developing a few soon. I just don't like announcing them by name or plan, since a post in /f331/ seems to be somewhat of a death note these days.

Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
Rogu3
Reaction score
Dude, he has been here since 2k10. In my opinion dedication counts more than your past warnings / infractions.

A few warnings / infractions here and there doesn't do much harm. I'm convinced he'll do great!
But in other applications, they do?

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
say this for it -> https://forum.ragezone.com/f621/mod...rdsman-online-1018811/index2.html#post8167489

also Swordsman area now is dead, because there nobody to takes care of it

It's not a moderators job to keep a section alive, the job is keeping it clean.

On-Topic: Well written application, you've got my vouch even tough you recently received an infraction. I've seen your name popping-up across the forums and it seems that you know what you're doing. Your English is good especially since it's your native language. You're very friendly and you contribute to the discussions. I think you've got the neutral perspective which the supers are looking for.

@The General, they are currently looking for a rookie who can be trained by Mr. @Droppy before he leaves, someone else will probably take over @Droppy's spot, however this isn't confirmed yet.

Reaction score
Well... When I immigrate, if I leave staff, I'm almost certain that will open another spot (to +1 mod).

FMP is a great member and he has my vouch (even though that his name is as hard to mention as nobrain's)

He respects the rules, and I'm sure that he would enforce them aswell.

Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
It's not a moderators job to keep a section alive, the job is keeping it clean.

On-Topic: Well written application, you've got my vouch even tough you recently received an infraction. I've seen your name popping-up across the forums and it seems that you know what you're doing. Your English is good especially since it's your native language. You're very friendly and you contribute to the discussions. I think you've got the neutral perspective which the supers are looking for.

@The General, they are currently looking for a rookie who can be trained by Mr. @Droppy before he leaves, someone else will probably take over @Droppy's spot, however this isn't confirmed yet.

Yeah I know but swordsman is not clean, jangan never moderate swordsman, also moderators like 343, you make the area be successful or not, I know Warrock area have lots of access years ago due your good job and shares, like 343, and today no, perfect world too, with 343 the area was successful because he takes care, but jangan, he dissappear and don't gives a duck to swordsman game, so people leave area and is everything spammed and confuse, check by yourself, I won't apologize anymore.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Vouch from me. I joined the forums in 2011, just for Habbo back then. FMP was a guy around, helping out in /f333 along with contributing in /f353. I think the age does benefit you as I'd rather have someone young who could give youth to the section and not have un-interested ex-habbotards running it.

I wish you luck.

Reaction score
I've been around the section for ages and your name is one I very much dislike. It sounds stupid claiming a dislike to someone over a forum but more or less in the past you've been nothing but a stuck up arrogant troll who has contributed nothing short of spam.

No vouch, I would go so far as to never visit the section again if this troll were to get an even bigger head.

Reaction score
I don't mind some of your posts, but, you're a huge troll, aside from recently because you've been going for mod.

If you were made a moderator, who knows, you could do a good job, but imo you're a worse troll than I am.

No vouch. I'd much rather Hejula and he's hacked my sites many times. Gotta say something right there.

☮TAKU????
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Out of your, now well over 2000 posts, 4,8% of them are from 2015. The remaining 95,2% are from 2010-2014. Mostly these 90 (4,8%) posts are from January-July and some of these posts are recently created.

People have their periods where they come and go, but you haven't been active for some time. You used to be active, but not anymore. I rarely see you around posting anymore. What will happen if you don't get this position? Will there be another period where you are inactive?

Will you be that moderator that only checks reported posts when you get a notification about it, or do you have a personal interest in the section? Will you keep up with the pace? Check out new threads, posts, keep making contributions, develop something yourself etc.

The section needs a moderator that understands the section well and keeps up with it. I am sort of afraid that your just after the green name. Which is fair, you've been around for a long time. But in my opinion it seems like you don't have an interest in the section anymore.

I will not vote on this one. (Don't vote in any direction)

Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Out of your, now well over 2000 posts, 4,8% of them are from 2015. The remaining 95,2% are from 2010-2014. Mostly these 90 (4,8%) posts are from January-July and some of these posts are recently created.

People have their periods where they come and go, but you haven't been active for some time. You used to be active, but not anymore. I rarely see you around posting anymore. What will happen if you don't get this position? Will there be another period where you are inactive?

Will you be that moderator that only checks reported posts when you get a notification about it, or do you have a personal interest in the section? Will you keep up with the pace? Check out new threads, posts, keep making contributions, develop something yourself etc.

The section needs a moderator that understands the section well and keeps up with it. I am sort of afraid that your just after the green name. Which is fair, you've been around for a long time. But in my opinion it seems like you don't have an interest in the section anymore.

I will not vote on this one. (Don't vote in any direction)

What's kept me away is mostly the fact that I didn't own or wish to pursue ownership of a hotel anymore. It wasn't until I started visiting over Thanksgiving that I saw how much more potential has developed. I don't know what happened, but people that I wanted to see participate have been participating again.

Definitely not about the green name. I'm here either way, now, but I think it'd be cool to give this a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back