Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Moderator Application] Habbo Hotel section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Developer
Developer
Reaction score
My name: Alex Miller

My age: 19

Hello,

My name is Alex, 19 years old from Australia. I have been involved in the Habbo scene since 2009. For the past 8 years I've started and released many projects (just look at my thread history!) so I'm very passionate about private server development, especially with Habbo - as I'm also involved with the DayZ leaks.

A few years back I submitted a moderator application, but that was rejected. I assume it was because of my age, which I completely understand, so I thought I would try my luck again!

The reason why I'm applying is because I believe the Habbo Hotel section needs a moderator that is familiar with the section and how the users operate, which is why someone like me would be a good fit as I have been around for 8 years.

Another positive reason why I will be good as a moderator is because of my timezone, which is Australian (+10 GMT) which means I will be awake and able to moderate the forum while the others are sleeping.

I have a contributed so much this section, and many users have benefited from my releases.

Infractions

I do have a few infractions, but as moderators should notice, that I've gotten fewer and fewer infractions each year, as the years go by, which shows that I've become more mature over the years.

Only 1 infraction last year, for a single meme.

Current Active Project(s)

Icarus is a multi-platform server written in C++ to emulate Habbo Hotel.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f331/icarus-emulator-mysql-multi-platform-1116076/

Major Contributions

Contributions

My previous moderator application

I was 15 years old when I posted my last application, so I believe I was just too young, despite that, you can read all the posts where the members of the forum have vouched for me.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f621/moderator-application-habbo-hotel-870596/index1.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
Besides your own dev thread you dont post much elsewhere. So I dont consider you to be that involved.

You talk much about your contributions but how are you going to contribute as Moderator? How are you currently doing with reporting posts? Werent you already an moderator on DevBest?

Well written application.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Besides your own dev thread you dont post much elsewhere. So I dont consider you to be that involved.

You talk much about your contributions but how are you going to contribute as Moderator? How are you currently doing with reporting posts? Werent you already an moderator on DevBest?

Well written application.

I admit that I've only really recently only posted in my project thread, but it doesn't take that long to scroll down my history and see that I do post in other peoples threads, just last week I posted in another dev thread giving them some advice.

Also I don't believe a moderator contributes the same way as an average forum user does, despite that. I do believe having experience in the section is an advantage, a moderator which is knowledgeable about Habbo is a valid contribution.

And yes, I was a DevBest moderator, but it was a few years ago (I can't remember how long ago, actually).

Last edited:
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I was a DevBest moderator, but it was a few years ago (I can't remember how long ago, actually).

That's not a valid argument on RZ.

Anyways, how are you going to deal with the users you might not like on a daily basis? You must be neutral in all cases to judge reports. Even if it's the utmost shenanigans, are you prepared to deal with it in a neutral manner?

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That's not a valid argument on RZ.

Anyways, how are you going to deal with the users you might not like on a daily basis? You must be neutral in all cases to judge reports. Even if it's the utmost shenanigans, are you prepared to deal with it in a neutral manner?

I didn't pass it off as an argument. The General asked if I was and I said yes.

I've done moderating before, but I'm not sure I understand your question, are you suggesting if some shitstorm exploded in a thread and it included some people I was close with, I'd still have to treat them like an average forum user? (If so then I completely agree).

Reaction score
Also I don't believe a moderator contributes the same way as an average forum user does, despite that. I do believe having experience in the section is an advantage, a moderator which is knowledgeable about Habbo is a valid contribution.

So you do expect your contributions to be changing if you become a moderator? If thats true then why apply?
History has shown that people stop contributing once they become a mod. It's a curse haha. :eek:tt1:

And yes, I was a DevBest moderator, but it was a few years ago (I can't remember how long ago, actually).

Previous moderating experience is good, why not mention it?

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So you do expect your contributions to be changing if you become a moderator? If thats true then why apply?
History has shown that people stop contributing once they become a mod. It's a curse haha. :eek:tt1:

I don't expect my contributions to be changing, I just saw the opportunity to become a moderator and thought why not? I think I fit the role so I'd thought I'd take advantage of the opportunity. :):

Previous moderating experience is good, why not mention it?

I felt like it wasn't satisfactory to include it. It was a different forum system to which later on I resigned, due to the fact that I was also thrown in the deep end when I was hired. I wasn't given guidance on what actions to perform when a certain rule was broken, or repetitively broken.

Reaction score
I just saw the opportunity to become a moderator and thought why not?
Doesn't sound dedicated if you know what I mean? Like; you just apply because it is a 'would be nice but don't really care about it' position?

I felt like it wasn't satisfactory to include it. It was a different forum system to which later on I resigned, due to the fact that I was also thrown in the deep end when I was hired. I wasn't given guidance on what actions to perform when a certain rule was broken, or repetitively broken.

Oh yeah. You don't have to worry about that here. Visors and Supers will guide you. Same goes for the current section moderators.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Doesn't sound dedicated if you know what I mean? Like; you just apply because it is a 'would be nice but don't really care about it' position?

Oh yeah. You don't have to worry about that here. Visors and Supers will guide you. Same goes for the current section moderators.

Well considering that I saw the opportunity and wanted to have a try at it, shows that I am at least interested and wish to support the community. I think you worded your response like a trick question. :eek:tt1:

Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to defiantly vouch for this candidate due to the matter of his contributions and not to mention his friendly and not to mention easily approached not really aggressive nor to passive friendly doesn't get his emotions stuck into his work and his quite helpful and very sourceful!

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I've done moderating before, but I'm not sure I understand your question, are you suggesting if some shitstorm exploded in a thread and it included some people I was close with, I'd still have to treat them like an average forum user? (If so then I completely agree).

I post some shenanigans on the forum and you strongly disagree and I cause a lot of fights. Then later I'm right, will you still treat me in a neutral way? Even if you strongly disagree with my opinions or post?

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I post some shenanigans on the forum and you strongly disagree and I cause a lot of fights. Then later I'm right, will you still treat me in a neutral way? Even if you strongly disagree with my opinions or post?

In that situation, I would only take action since fights had occurred, the shenanigans (whether it's shenanigans or not) would be investigated later - after the thread has been cleaned.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would recommend bravely Quackster for this position. We really need someone capable of do something. Someone that haven't a bad past on this community.

Someone that contributes.
Someone that treat everyone as a regular user.
Someone that have time for it. (Does you have? Ms. Duck)
Someone that know what is doing (I really don't know if you know what you're doing, but....)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I would recommend Quackster or Alex to become moderator of the Habbo section. I've known him from DevBest as a moderator but also just as a contributor and helper and he did a heck of a job.

You have my vouch.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
You do not have a few infractions, you got a lot more. You also had two infractions last year. One in July and one in December. However, you are right the amount of infractions you get lowered each year and I agree; you are more mature.

I'm not really sure about your motivation, to be honest. "I saw the opportunity and thought why not?", "considering that I saw the opportunity and wanted to have a try at it". In your first post you said you're applying because you think the section needs a moderator. That is not the reason why you want to be a moderator, but it is the reason why you are applying. You did give a reason why you would fit as a moderator, but I'm just missing one thing.

Why do you really want to become a moderator? What is motivating you to become one?

I wish you good luck :)

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You do not have a few infractions, you got a lot more. You also had two infractions last year. One in July and one in December. However, you are right the amount of infractions you get lowered each year and I agree; you are more mature.

I'm not really sure about your motivation, to be honest. "I saw the opportunity and thought why not?", "considering that I saw the opportunity and wanted to have a try at it". In your first post you said you're applying because you think the section needs a moderator. That is not the reason why you want to be a moderator, but it is the reason why you are applying. You did give a reason why you would fit as a moderator, but I'm just missing one thing.

Why do you really want to become a moderator? What is motivating you to become one?

I wish you good luck :)

I have always wanted to be a moderator of a popular forum, I applied this time because I feel like that have a chance.

I want to make the section a nice place for members, and I want to help out RZ since they have requested that another moderator was needed for the HH section.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have always wanted to be a moderator of a popular forum, I applied this time because I feel like that have a chance.

I want to make the section a nice place for members, and I want to help out RZ since they have requested that another moderator was needed for the HH section.

I've just been and had a look through a few months worth posts. I've found you to be very competent when it comes to technical aspects regarding Habbo, and the development, ergo making you a desirable candidate. But again, your motivation is something I question. Would someone who's motivation is making the section a nicer place for the members not set out how they wish to achieve this?

Good luck with your application, it was well written. I hope you get the role!

Reaction score
I recall in recent years you received a fake DMCA notice and instantly removed yourself from the Habbo section and moved to another. How do we know you're not going to find yourself in hot water again with your current development and then flee without investigating the authenticity of the notice in question?

You have the technical aspects of the Habbo section what you need to promote in your application is your willingness to teach this to new and upcoming users so the forum continues. A lot of the programming information is behind closed doors so to speak. Nillus created a basic post that was leading the section in the right direction - Would you not be able to pick up where he left off in teaching new users how to create an emulator?

If you decided to take this route I would consider you a worthy applicant until then I must agree that your contributions to the section do nothing more than toot your own horn.

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back