[Moderator Application] Habbo Hotel section

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,123Posts

Re: [Moderator Application] Habbo Hotel section

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

You do not have a few infractions, you got a lot more. You also had two infractions last year. One in July and one in December. However, you are right the amount of infractions you get lowered each year and I agree; you are more mature.

I'm not really sure about your motivation, to be honest. "I saw the opportunity and thought why not?", "considering that I saw the opportunity and wanted to have a try at it". In your first post you said you're applying because you think the section needs a moderator. That is not the reason why you want to be a moderator, but it is the reason why you are applying. You did give a reason why you would fit as a moderator, but I'm just missing one thing.

Why do you really want to become a moderator? What is motivating you to become one?

I wish you good luck :)
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

"The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."

ModeratorRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    3,133Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Biesmen View Post
    You do not have a few infractions, you got a lot more. You also had two infractions last year. One in July and one in December. However, you are right the amount of infractions you get lowered each year and I agree; you are more mature.

I'm not really sure about your motivation, to be honest. "I saw the opportunity and thought why not?", "considering that I saw the opportunity and wanted to have a try at it". In your first post you said you're applying because you think the section needs a moderator. That is not the reason why you want to be a moderator, but it is the reason why you are applying. You did give a reason why you would fit as a moderator, but I'm just missing one thing.

Why do you really want to become a moderator? What is motivating you to become one?

I wish you good luck :)
    I have always wanted to be a moderator of a popular forum, I applied this time because I feel like that have a chance.

I want to make the section a nice place for members, and I want to help out RZ since they have requested that another moderator was needed for the HH section.
    Last edited by Quackster; 13-03-17 at 08:42 PM.

MemberRank
    May 2008 Join Date
    Manchester, EngLocation
    105Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
    I have always wanted to be a moderator of a popular forum, I applied this time because I feel like that have a chance.

I want to make the section a nice place for members, and I want to help out RZ since they have requested that another moderator was needed for the HH section.
    I've just been and had a look through a few months worth posts. I've found you to be very competent when it comes to technical aspects regarding Habbo, and the development, ergo making you a desirable candidate. But again, your motivation is something I question. Would someone who's motivation is making the section a nicer place for the members not set out how they wish to achieve this?

Good luck with your application, it was well written. I hope you get the role!
    Do a bit of cloud engineering

True MemberRank
    Apr 2009 Join Date
    504Posts

I recall in recent years you received a fake DMCA notice and instantly removed yourself from the Habbo section and moved to another. How do we know you're not going to find yourself in hot water again with your current development and then flee without investigating the authenticity of the notice in question?

You have the technical aspects of the Habbo section what you need to promote in your application is your willingness to teach this to new and upcoming users so the forum continues. A lot of the programming information is behind closed doors so to speak. Nillus created a basic post that was leading the section in the right direction - Would you not be able to pick up where he left off in teaching new users how to create an emulator?

If you decided to take this route I would consider you a worthy applicant until then I must agree that your contributions to the section do nothing more than toot your own horn.

Deep thoughts [Moderator Application] Habbo Hotel section Joopie is online now
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,595Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bergthor View Post
    I recall in recent years you received a fake DMCA notice and instantly removed yourself from the Habbo section and moved to another.
    To clear that out: he claimed to receive a cease and decease. In my eyes it wouldn't be weird if he instantly removed himself from the section. Even thought I dont understand why he continues doing so.

Cease & Desist anyone?

ModeratorRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    3,133Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bergthor View Post
    I recall in recent years you received a fake DMCA notice and instantly removed yourself from the Habbo section and moved to another. How do we know you're not going to find yourself in hot water again with your current development and then flee without investigating the authenticity of the notice in question?
    My project received a DMCA and at the time I thought it was legitimate. I stupidly contacted Sulake asking if it was a legitimate takedown performed by them. They gave me a "letter of undertaking" (from the heading of the document). I treated this like if I didn't do anything I would end up like Aaron.

I wasn't until later it was revealed that another forum user had sent a fraudulent DMCA.

Almost four years later and Sulake haven't contacted me since.

Nillus created a basic post that was leading the section in the right direction - Would you not be able to pick up where he left off in teaching new users how to create an emulator?
    I am already creating and developing an emulator, which is open-source and free to use. It's open-source so people can look at the changes made (like how bugs get patched and adding new features).

Of course I want to educate more people, that's partially the reason why I am developing this project. The other reason is so I learn how to be a better programmer.

I'm always ready to help others when it comes to development if they need it, or they have asked me.
    Last edited by Quackster; 15-03-17 at 01:33 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement