Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - Habbo Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master Summoner
Reaction score
Information
My name is Samuel, I'm 19 and I'm from England.

About Me
It all started off when I was around 8 years old (year 2003), I came across habbohotel.co.uk, I think Callie was the Hotel Manager at the time & as soon as I started playing, I was addicted. I ended up spending heaps on credits trying to become really rich until one day somebody messaged me about some triple credit glitch and all I had to do was go to their website and enter my Habbo credentials. As a fool, I went ahead and done it. The next morning I wake up, ecstatic expecting to be super rich but instead I was left with nothing.

After that experience, Habbo scripting became more frequent & I got really scared (i was a big noob) and quit in 2005. In 2009 me and a few friends decided to start playing Habbo again. A few months into playing I got offered to join a Habbo Retro, where you would have ‘unlimited credits and free HC’.
As of my experience before, at first I didn't join, but my friends ended up joining and peer pressure kicked in and as I did too. After all it wasn't that bad, I got hooked again, but this time not with Habbo, it was with Retros.

I decided I wanted to make my own Habbo Retro, so I began Google searching and stumbled across a tutorial on RaGEZONE. I had no idea how these things worked, I think it took me about a week to set my first retro up on Weebly. I started using RaGEZONE every now and again to see what people had released.

I created my first 'proper' RaGEZONE account in Aug. 2014 & ever since, I have been active & contributed within the Habbo section.

Hobbies
The thing I enjoy most is developing something new, I like a challenge. I have developed a few websites and 2 personal basic programs in C# which I'll list below.
  • Screenshot Tool
  • Autotyper

At the moment I am currently learning Python and Ruby, which I am enjoying a lot.

Why am I applying for this section?
I am mostly active within the Help section, but I do release things frequently. I enjoy helping others with their retro related problems because when I needed help with things people didn't respond or just called me a noob for not knowing how. I have always done things and learnt things for/by myself due to that reason. I am always happy to share my knowledge & experience with less experienced people willing to learn.

I am online for at least 10 hours a day, sometimes longer depending on the day.

Contributions
http://forum.ragezone.com/f556/3-dirt-bikes-helmet-1050603/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f556/volcano-rock-1050434/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/6-habbo-clothing-1058127/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/4-habbo-clothes-1057772/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/12-habbo-clothes-1059213/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/1-habbo-pet-1056402/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/400-web-promos-1051102/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/4-habbo-clothes-1050580/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/revcms-password-reset-system-1029238/

Previous Experience
I have used and ran an XenForo forum before but unfortunately I have had 0 experience with vB. I am a quick learner and I'm willing to learn the ropes.

Infractions (1)
- Rude towards another member of staff

Regarding my infraction, I have attempted to PM him to apologize for my actions but his inbox was full.

I hope you take my application into consideration.

Warm Regards

Last edited:
Reaction score
I fully support your application, somebody like you would be very beneficial to this section. You're not one of these previous old 'veterans' of the section, you haven't lived much in the past section so you have a future vision instead of attempting to recover the section to how it was.

You're clearly very active in the help section whenever I've been browsing you always seem to be hovering in that section too, your post with content, not for a post count.

It would be nice to finally see somebody who is fairly new (to the section) but with great knowledge of Habbo and how it works to take the reins of a section like ours. Gives the opportunity to make a friendly community based on respect from yourself.

+1

Reaction score
It's a very well written application, seems like you mean all of it! Only thing is, I'm never sure if these are 'really' officially but it's said somewhere as an unsaid requirement is that you have to be a member for over a year, but other than that.. I wouldn't mind seeing you as a moderator :thumbup:

Last edited:
idk what to put here
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Great application. I've only seen you around a few times, but I guess you've made up with your contributions. It takes a lot to be a moderator in that section, and if you're selected I hope you're ready. I'm not going to criticize you for being new to the section and becoming a moderator because in all honesty, it all comes down to the level of maturity you have and how much you can handle. I love your application and I wish you luck.

Although in my opinion, since you're more active in the help section and like to help people in that section, you be placed in the help section and some other small sections until you get the full gist of what being a moderator takes. I'm not doubting you in anyway, and I don't think anyone else is. I just know that being a moderator on a huge forum like this can be very different from your past experience on smaller forums. When it all comes down to it though, you have my vouch. Good job on the application.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Woah this application. I've seen you around asesinato, its kinda hard not to your every where and tbh all i see is you helping people.Your contributions are great too, most of which i have used including the whole habbo clothes you released earlier today. Over all I think you would make a great moderator, hope to see you around some time bud in that nice green name ;)

Reaction score
I only see you release clothing, which anyone can download and post. Not really enough contribution in my eyes.

You seem to be quite new here (According to your registration date).

Just hang around for a while and try again later, as of now I don't think you fit in that position.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
At least I'm still contributing to the section. Contributing to the section isn't mandatory but is preferred.

Cheers for the positive feedback guys, highly appreciated.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I only see you release clothing, which anyone can download and post. Not really enough contribution in my eyes.

You seem to be quite new here (According to your registration date).

Just hang around for a while and try again later, as of now I don't think you fit in that position.

Doesn't matter what type of release it is, as long as he is releasing things it's classed as contributing. From what I've browsed in his started threads, he has more than enough contributions.

The World Is Yours
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Regardless of your join date/post count, this is a well written application and I could potentially see you moderating the Habbo section, as long as you strongly believe you're up for the job and put in all your effort - it's a pretty huge section and a lot of work needs to be done to ensure users are getting along, closing old threads, moving threads to the right section, etc.

This is one of the best applications I've seen so far for this section, good luck!

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sounds like my original moderator application to some degree. I think you'll do fine, just remember the Habbo section is quite a jungle, maybe not as bad as the Maple Story section was when I was mod, but it's still quite active. I think the fact that you're posting and as others have mentioned you're posting in the Help section is a huge plus. If you wana be a great moderator, and contributer the Help section should be your home, releases don't matter as much as the Help section.

Thanks,

Moogly

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's a very well written application, seems like you mean all of it! Only thing is, I'm never sure if these are 'really' officially but it's said somewhere as an unsaid requirement is that you have to be a member for over a year, but other than that.. I wouldn't mind seeing you as a moderator :thumbup:

That would presumably be a basis, but if the correct candidate (and asesinato really fits the bill) came along that guideline could be overlooked. Asesinato, I am not going to pretend to know much about what you have contributed but I have checked your activity. Whilst some may deem your contributions as only releases, would it not be prudent to suggest the support and care you give to other members are contributions? I see this from the posts you have. You seem confident and driven, and I for one laud that. I hope you get your wish and become a moderator, and with a bit of luck become very successful doing so!

You have my vouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back