Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Moderator Application] Kimberly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff member
Reaction score
Name: Kimberly

Availability Times:
Honestly, I can lurk at work and during my free time and do so very much. I would personally say 'All day everyday' but that sounds very unbelievable. Basically, I have a lot of free time on my hands.

Applying For:
Free MMO Servers (MapleStory Servers) (Priority)
MapleStory (Secondary)

Reason I Am Applying (note: the application is focused on Free MMO servers' section):
Over the past 2 years I've observed the section I noticed the moderating and managing of the section is very inactive. Often users have to report things twice and even than nothing happens. Example the post here was posted in August for closure, and we are now in October and nothing have happened. The other times were basically me posting all the servers that got inactive/closed and Future did a decent job handling those, but he's not even a MapleStory player as far as I know. Therefor I would like to apply to provide a helping hand in managing the MapleStory section of MMO Servers.

Previous experience:
I've managed servers and forums since 2008. I currently run a decent sized MapleStory Private Server, MapleLegends and I've been doing so since 2015. Before that I was around in the GunBound scene where I've also handled countless moderating duties.

For Ragezone I currently have 8 pages of approved reports as of 2015, where pretty much all of them were taken care of. With that said, I know the rules of Ragezone and know what a bad post is and what isn't, as well as knowing how moderation work in v-bulletin, as well as Xenforo, since I run a

My history:
I've been pretty much active on Ragezone since 2008. Back then I was very active in the GunBound section where I helped users out with their problems, usually issues related to editing the game files. When GunBound sadly got horrible killed by the developers due to being cash hungry I went back to MapleStory and got very hooked again to that game, where I played on a few servers, and eventually started my own with a close friend at the time because the servers that were available did not really provide what I would love in MapleStory.

For Ragezone itself I started get pretty active in the MapleStory section, but more so in way of lurking. I do contribute however a very huge client archive that is stickied and a very informative archive for the game updates.

For GunBound I released a similar huge archive of clients where I also released 2 extremely rare prototype clients which were not public yet before so.

Why should I be considered:
Besides being very active I know how the basic moderation work which can be seen by the past 8 pages of reports I've done. Furthermore as far as I know I've never been directly rude towards a member of Ragezone, which means I should have the neccesary personality and activity to moderate Ragezone, and I am motivated to clean up the section where I've applied now, and for the future, even though the section itself isn't VERY active overal.

End:
I want to thank you very much for reading my application. If you've got any questions or concerns which you would like to have answered, feel free to shoot me a message and let me know. If there's doubts of me being able to help, I would perhaps suggest to let Eric take care of it, if he's willing to do it.

~Kim​

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for applying! I like your application, but I do question if you've got other reasons why you would like to become a moderator apart from it being inactively moderated.

Glad you ask.

Since Ragezone is a forum I've been visiting for many years I always wanted do my best to keep the forum clean so users visiting the forums or new users can find their way well. Likewise for the sections I visit (currently MapleStory) I report every single post that breaks the rules so the moderators have a much easier time taking care of it. Admittedly though, I currently do not watch other sections of games I do not play.

For the MapleStory servers advertisement section there used to be 4 pages of ads where 3 of them were dead servers. Thats where I initially started to report all the servers that are broken so things are much more clean and tidy. See here and everything on that page.

The reason why I would like to apply is simply to be a helping hand - reduce the stress and work for the current moderators who seem to have a busy time moderating their own sections, because I have a feeling the MapleStory mods that moderate free mmo servers (MapleStory) are not very active currently.

If however there's a case of them not needing any help than there's no problems if I just keep reporting posts like I do now.

Thank you for the compliment on the app itself and if you've got even more questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reason I Am Applying (note: the application is focused on Free MMO servers' section):
Over the past 2 years I've observed the section I noticed the moderating and managing of the section is very inactive. Often users have to report things twice and even than nothing happens. Example the post here was posted in August for closure, and we are now in October and nothing have happened. The other times were basically me posting all the servers that got inactive/closed and @Future did a decent job handling those, but he's not even a MapleStory player as far as I know. Therefor I would like to apply to provide a helping hand in managing the MapleStory section of MMO Servers.

The mod team for the Free MMO Servers section and had changed recently to include one extra Moderator. I'm gonna pick some bits out the paragraph above and just note a few things.

Over the past 2 years I've observed the section I noticed the moderating and managing of the section is very inactive.​

I disagree, I think the mod team has been doing a good job with that section even with the significant activity.

Often users have to report things twice and even than nothing happens.​

I have yet to see a user report something twice to get things done, if they report something more than once it combines the report into one if it is the same thing they are reporting. I am also currently experiencing a bug where some reports don't notify me so I can't keep on top of everything. I believe Tenpai, Myself and Thunda have been doing a good job with the section. Specifically Ten, she's excellent with that section.

Example the post​
here
was posted in August for closure, and we are now in October and nothing have happened.​

The thread is already closed - unsure when that changed.

The other times were basically me posting all the servers that got inactive/closed and @​
Future
did a decent job handling those, but he's not even a MapleStory player as far as I know.​

You don't have to be a player of a specific game to moderate the section, the rules are very generic in that respect.

Therefor I would like to apply to provide a helping hand in managing the MapleStory section of MMO Servers​

All of the current MapleStory Moderators are assigned to that section so they should be watching it along with the Free MMO Servers section mods.

All in all your application is good however I believe moderating the Free MMO Servers / MapleStory / the more popular sections should be someone who is thick skinned and already on the Moderation team since they have the experience.

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, NoBrain!

The mod team for the Free MMO Servers section and had changed recently to include one extra Moderator. I'm gonna pick some bits out the paragraph above and just note a few things.

Great to hear an additional member got added already; that will most likely help with the situation.

The thread is already closed - unsure when that changed.

This must have been done very recently, but before my application. As you can see from the ad. OP posted 2 days ago that it still wasn't closed, so I guess someone catch up on it, which is good! I apologize for listing this as an example when it was already closed, but it still took a bit than for it to be handled.

You don't have to be a player of a specific game to moderate the section, the rules are very generic in that respect.

I completely agree and it was more a remark that Future most likely have a lot of other sections he need take care of, hence the additional help bits in my application.

All of the current MapleStory Moderators are assigned to that section so they should be watching it along with the Free MMO Servers section mods.

Strange. I don't see Eric nor Retep998 in the moderator list than

MTIzWeB.png

Thank you for the response once again!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Just to clear up any confusion, Moderators of the development sections aren't automatically added to the relevant advertisement section for the same game which is why you won't see all the MS moderators in the moderator list in the advertisement section. Nor do you need to know the game to moderate it effectively.

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
You've been engaging with all kinds of posts and what not within Ragezone as well have been apart of the community for a fair bit now but apart from that you have contributed some stuff here and there to help others and to give something for them to work off of so I am gonna say a +1 from me.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I have seen your name a popping up in different places.

Well written application! I vouch for you to get into the moderating team even if it's a different section than you applied for. I'm not good with huge vouch messages.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not a moderator of the MapleStory server section, only the regular MapleStory section and its subsections.

Post reports in the MapleStory section are definitely handled, because I check every day for post reports. If a post report sits around for too long with no action, then that means vbulletin is buggy pile of junk and refused to notify me.
That said, I don't go out of my way to proactively read what everyone wrote, so things have to be reported for me to notice.

Anyway here is my response to your application:

EDIT: I don't see you on Discord, so I'm going to lean towards negative until you're on the RZ Discord.

Last edited:
MuADMIN
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I like your work and passion on helping the section grow. Also your application looks Good.
Good luck! you've got my vouch, if a Mod is needed there ;)

PS: you look active enough and thats a plus because i know how it is to be checkin your fav section everyday ;)

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not a moderator of the MapleStory server section, only the regular MapleStory section and its subsections.

Post reports in the MapleStory section are definitely handled, because I check every day for post reports. If a post report sits around for too long with no action, then that means vbulletin is buggy pile of junk and refused to notify me.
That said, I don't go out of my way to proactively read what everyone wrote, so things have to be reported for me to notice.

Anyway here is my response to your application:

EDIT: I don't see you on Discord, so I'm going to lean towards negative until you're on the RZ Discord.

Replying to you:
I was in the RageZone discord for a month or two after this post, and I gotta say there's really nothing interesting going on there, and barely any talk about MapleStory, so after a bit of lurking I've left again. I also heard there's a MapleStory specific discord, but all that happens there is back talking and shitting on other servers/people from what I've heard, so that's just something I am not into, nor am I interested to participate in such community.

I am going assume Ragezone have a 'staff only' discord as well, and I am totally fine with joining such thing. However, in end of the day I am applying to moderate the Ragezone forums, and not the discord.
-----
General post:
With a lot of months now later though, I have to admit that I do not think an additional spot is neccesary for MapleStory, since its currently pretty well moderated. The server advertisement section have improved a lot too, and my posts were handled within a day.

Therefor I am going put the application status 'on-hold' which means I prefer not to be added to the staff, unless the help is really need.

If however there's a place that have a lot of bad posts and need help, I do not mind lurk it from time to time and report bad posts, if need.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
You are right, the MapleStory section is in it's current state not necessarily looking for an extra moderator and (thanks to our Free MMO Servers expert @Future ), Future and the mods of the section immediately started to work on the feedback we received from users and moderators (you were not the only one) in the Free MMO Servers section. Because of the current state of the MapleStory section, that is also the reason why you have a lack of response from our side in your application. Your application has been noted since you applied and we won't forget this possibility.

My personal opinion doesn't matter for now, but if you want to know; I like your application and I like your replies to others. I also really like your activity in the MapleStory section. For now I'd say: keep doing what you are doing!

p/s: I'd also like to clear up some confusion. The MapleStory specific Discord server is not the official RZ server. We do not allow section-specific Discord channels because they tend to take over the development discussions on the forum, and that would make this forum useless.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back