Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Moderator Application] Loong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Name - Jamie
Email - dogdays1231@outlook.com
My Skype - dzia.shot
Age - 16
Nationality - Jolly ol' England

I am applying for the Loong section.

About Myself
Hello my name is Jamie and I am from England. My hobbies consist of Boxing and Football during the weekends for now as I am studying in full time education, a pretty standard teenage lifestyle. When I finally start college I'm hoping to achieve a degree in Vehicle Engineering and Mechanics as I feel that is what I really want to do in the future. However I still have enough free time to lurk around the forums. I used to be in the Habbo section a lot as that is how I found RZ (mentioned below) but I stopped running a hotel long ago which is why I've started to take a look at other sections such as Loong (also mentioned below).

Why Loong?
It's only recently i've noticed that the Loong section is lacking a moderator for whatever reason that may be. I've lurked around Loong for a while now as I've been wanting to look into other mmorpgs other than Habbo which has taken a downhill course for some time (R.I.P). So managing Loong would motivate me to get more into it and having the responsibility of a section like this would help me stay active in the community.

How I found and joined RZ
Well since 2013 I've pretty much lurked the forums, posting here and there on various thread topics. I originally came across RZ looking for addons for Habbo. New skins, furniture etc... Commenting my opinion on certain releases and what not.

Contributions
Since I came to RZ for the release of new Habbo addons, I've never really made any big contributions to the community in return. I'm not a big coder and I certainly cannot make any sort of in-game art or graphics. It's just something I've never looked into or had any interest for.

Infractions
5 infractions one of which was reversed last year. Another from last year, two warnings and a wrong section. All of which are now expired the last one expired on 10.06.16 just over 4 months ago.

Additional Information
It's taken me 3 years of being in this community to finally branch out and take a look into other MMO sections. If the supers feel that Loong doesn't need a moderator at this moment in time, I will happily wait and leave this app here until it does. If anyone has any questions about myself or my application, please feel free to PM me as I don't want to be commenting on my own app.

Thanks for reading my application.
Jamie

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
In full honesty i don't think that section really needs a moderator as its kinda dead. I describe that section like the Tales of Pirates and Ragnarok Online section people post on those like 1-2 times a month and never get a reply.

However, nice application maybe the supers think diffirent than me or have a section that needs help where they could put you on.

Neutral on this specific section application, +1 on the application itself.

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
In full honesty i don't think that section really needs a moderator as its kinda dead. I describe that section like the Tales of Pirates and Ragnarok Online section people post on those like 1-2 times a month and never get a reply.

However, nice application maybe the supers think diffirent than me or have a section that needs help where they could put you on.

Neutral on this specific section application, +1 on the application itself.

Doesn't necessarily have to be that way. It's also good to have a new face around and you may never know when those nasty spambots start spreading again. It's fair enough to say , despite a section's in-activeness, the contents are still there , regardless. Any day a new user interested in the development of loong may or may not comment on old threads which would require moderator supervision. We can't always depend on the supers to always have an eye on all the sections around the forum now , can we? We have sections that we are responsible of. As much as I agree with your opinion , I just had to share what I felt as the section I applied for was rather dead as well yet I was given the position :)

Now , my opinion on this application ,

Jpride , I see that you're more into habbo then loong , despite you're "lurking". If you were motivated for the position in the first place , you would have made contributions first before applying. You don't need power to be "motivated", you need passion. Passion for the game. Love the game , love what you do. In this case , from my opinion , it just seems that you are applying just for the green name. Trust me , I never knew how hard it is being a moderator until I became one. It's not something you just would wanna do , you will have your own set of responsibility you need to comprehend to. You need to have an image to take care of as you, by being a moderator, represent the forum.

Your application , to me , seems as if you put no effort in it It doesn't make me convinced that you will be a fitting moderator for the section. I hope you understand. It's not a yes from me nor is it a no either. Maybe my higher ups would think otherwise , regardless , good luck! :)

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Loong has had almost 0 posts in over 3 months~ so I currently don't see the need to appoint a moderator there as there is no moderation to be done in that section. However if there is any problems please use the report button and it will be handled by one of the supervisors or super moderators. However, you do seem a capable candidate to be moderator so I will keep you in mind and if you are interested in any other sections please message me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back