Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application: Maplestory

Nae-un <33
Reaction score
About Me:
Name: Jonathan (I go by Jon)
Hobbies: Tennis, gaming, coding

Intro: Not too sure if this spot is still open (spied it out of the corner of my eye when browsing the general selection), but I thought I'd give it a try. I've been a part of this community for quite a long time now, and though this is a more recent account I've been a part of the RZ community going on for over 5-6 years now. I was here when v62 and v83 sources were coming out, so I've seen this community prosper and die over the years. Anyhow, here's my application.

Contributions: I've made numerous contributions to the community in the past, albeit not as impactful or significant as the releases of ShootSource, Moople, or even as renowned as Emily when he/she was posting fun games in JS for players to use in their servers. At the time I was young, and though I spent countless hours delving into JS and Java, I never was able to edify myself to the standards of the members whom actually did have knowledge in coding (from classes or personal experience). Contribution wise, though, I released the first revision of my custom CPQ in the forums under an older alis of laimlhighdef(?), and then 1-2 years later built upon it in my junior/senior year of high school.

I also opened a thread that stayed active for a moderate amount of time (which I've recreated recently) that offered my services in creating NPC scripts. Many of my contributions either come from browsing (or lurking) around threads and posting advice when required.

Experience with the Community: As I noted previously, my time here with the community approaches the 6th year mark, though I've skirted around brief moments of inactivity here and there as I fall in and out of my love for classic Maplestory. I believe I'm one of the few "old school" members that still remain active or come back every once in awhile to show some love for our game. I've recently started working on Solaxia as well, adding my own PQs and instances. It may or may not grow to become a server players may know around here as a revival of DynastyMS (which peaked around #8 in it's prime), but currently it's a WIP that is more a hobby than a project.

Moderator Experience: Moderating forums is something I don't have much experience on; however, I did successfully manage my own server (collaborating with a sponsor back in '11 - '13). Many of my management/team communicative skills developed from that as I attempted to manage a 6-7 person team where at least 90% of them were older than me. Creating and maintaining a cohesive team was much more difficult than I had intended back then, but I believe that those helped coalesce my management/moderative abilities.

Infractions: I believe I received one infraction on an account I had a long while back, but other than that I've received no other significant warnings. I've kept myself clean. No drugs, and a relatively gregarious attitude when it comes to interacting with other members.

Final Notes: I'm applying for this moderator position due to a kind of tacit connection (personal) I have with the Maple community. I loved Maplestory when it was back in its classic form, and I miss the moments in the past where the community was bustling with development and people whom would take the time and effort to learn and develop on their own (though aided by others in the forum). The forum at the time was the paradigm of how a developing community should be, and I miss it (almost as much as I reminisce during the Maple's login music). As I see this community flicker with hope every once in awhile, it makes me want to do as much as I can to keep what's left of the community alive.

Goals for the Community: As noted in the prior section, I aspire to keep revive the Maplestory section by frequently aiding other users (whether it be development or general questions) while simultaneously using that to coalesce my communicative skills for use in group development in real life. I find this position to be one that helps the person grow from his or her interactions with other people while letting him or her dedicate time to an area that he or she has a passion for. With that said, I'd love to help the remaining and incoming users to the Maplestory development forums grow from trial and error and assisted edification.

Links (Extra):
https://forum.ragezone.com/f427/add-custom-cpq-727685/

Last edited:
Back