Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - MapleStory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
About me
  • Name: Eric

Section you're applying for:
I'm applying for the MapleStory section.

My MapleStory experience:
I joined MapleStory back in late 2008 and hopped on to private server's quickly after. I opened my first private server in 2009 and began WZ Editing the game. I've been addicted to the game ever since I've started, and as years have gone by I have learned how to program in quite a few different languages (MapleStory has always been a motivation for me). I am probably known for owning/developing TrollMS, D.ChaosMS, and WizStory (some of the top servers at their time I guess).

Do you have any experience with the section you are applying for?
I have always been a fan of WZ Editing, being one of the earlier servers to have endless customized things throughout the game. I have learned the popular 'OdinMS' scripting and source code, along with the packets. Within the last three years, I have learned IDA and how to read unpacked MapleStory clients, find packets and manipulate client addresses, and have found all kinds of interesting ways to manipulate the MapleStory client. I know Nexon's source almost by heart (some say I know it better than Nexon America's team!), and have for the past year or more been writing my own MapleStory emulator against the popular 'Odin' from scratch replicating their official source.

Contributions:
I have released a few sources, packets, and fixes within the MapleStory section:
- Development v117.2 Source
- TrollMS v83 Source
- Development v40 Beta Edition Source
- Engagements and Wedding Packets
- The official UserEffects, and a cool way to play BGM when people mute
- Nexon's official ScriptMan packets translated to OdinMS
- A cool Login balloon feature packet
- MapleStory New Year Card Event

How active are you / can you be for the Section you are applying for?
As active as you can get. As far as I've been told, I may be one of the most active members within the MapleStory section. I love to offer help to anyone who needs it throughout all Server Development, WZ Editing, etc. I am on the MapleStory section every day (literally), and check constantly for new posts. I'm on RZ whether at school or out in general as any time I can't code MapleStory, I like to help others fix their own code for the game.

I also notice people point out their infraction count, so I thought I'd bring up that I have none.

Thank you for reading my application! :)

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't really vouch for anybody but if I had to, Eric is probably one of the few people I would vouch for.

I've worked with him since 2009 on D.Chaos and while we've had our fair share of disagreements in the past and I found him to be really, really immature (and kind of full of himself) at the time (sorry, Eric); he's grown to be a really smart, and really capable person and I can say with almost 100% guarantee that he'll do the section justice.

I've parted ways with him around 2012 (due to my own reasons with D.Chaos) but we recently caught up again and you can tell that a lot has changed. He knows his stuff and I can tell lately that he's been helping out a lot of people as well. Moreso than others. He's a joy to work with and you guys should really consider him.

A great moderator, he would be. (trying to be clever here but I don't think it's working :c)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I came to this forum at a day where I knew absolutely nothing and had to be one of those people that had to message a bunch of well informed maple developers in order to grab some sort of understanding to help me further my ambitions. During this period, the one person who helped me with incredible patience and to this day has shown not a single moment of visible frustration, in fact I don't even think he would ever be frustrated to help someone in dire need is Eric.

I don't even want to read his application because just by seeing his name and recalling the experiences I've had with him I would give him an A+. Although, because I thought it'd be quite an interesting read, I read it anyway.

Don't take your time considering him or attempting to show some professionalism by waiting a certain amount of days before giving him the role, just give it to this man for all the overwhelming support and activity he has shown throughout your forums @RaGEZONE.

<3
Reaction score
4611059.jpg

No. Seriously. I only logged in to post this. He might not be by any means the best developer in the MapleStory section (not that you need to be since this is a moderation position rather than a special access developer title), but he's definitely one of the best contributors in the MapleStory section contributing to a huge portion of the help threads there. He is incredibly patient and very understanding and I believe these are some of the key traits of a good moderator. He's got my vouch for moderator and I can't see anyone else who is more fit for the position.

Staff member
Reaction score
Its clear Eric is growing a lot over the years and has a lot of knowledge in such a young age (I am jelly). He also helped me out engineering the in-game client to unlock features that were "hidden" away, so Eric, like mentioned, is doing a great job helping.

To not put the reply fully in the bias because he also helped me, something small to add on the negative side that could maybe be improved, if he was to be a mod. In this thread someone asked for help in regards to .wz edits. The person (accidentally?) posted in the wrong section. Now the suggestion I would give is to report it with the report button and either move on or help the person out, but instead a sarcastic post has been made.

Now don't get me wrong; humour is nice once in while, and I don't blame you for it (have plenty of sarcasm and humour in myself). However, as a mod, if you were to be one, it would look very inappropriate since mods are there to moderate the forums and improve the section, which unfortunately sarcasm isn't one of them.

This is extremely minor though, and I have seen plenty of other do the same. Just a small tip that if you ever get the MOD that you should not make such posts. Hopefully you don't take it as offence and more as a tip :)

+1 otherwise.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Kimberly Yeah, I thought the posts with Vincent would catch up..

Well, as a moderator, it will be nice to be able to move threads into their correct sections and then help the person, rather than comment why they posted it in the wrong section. I do agree, however, those kind of replies should be in something like Skype not on a thread reply to the person. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Eric is a good man, he might not know who I am but he has development a few projects for people on here that I talk to and they were very impress. But I must warn you he is very sneaky and can ruin you, so I am not sure if he can balance his power as a mod on the forum, as plenty of you know, he tends to take sides and favorites his 'bros', he might be the kind of person that lets the power get to them, I mean that my opinion of this lad, hes a good lad, but a sneaky lad....

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Eric is a good man, he might not know who I am but he has development a few projects for people on here that I talk to and they were very impress. But I must warn you he is very sneaky and can ruin you, so I am not sure if he can balance his power as a mod on the forum, as plenty of you know, he tends to take sides and favorites his 'bros', he might be the kind of person that lets the power get to them, I mean that my opinion of this lad, hes a good lad, but a sneaky lad....

Hmm, I'm sorry, I'm not sure I recall ruining anyone; would you mind explaining? This sounds like maybe something from 2012 when a lot of drama happened with old servers (even 2013, lol), but I have never worked on a project with anyone before. All of my server's I've ever ran were coded and etc by just me except for D.ChaosMS/WizStory, I owned it with Alpha/Toon. You sure you got the right guy, or is it D.Chaos you're talking about?

Thanks for the positive feedback otherwise!

Reaction score
I can vouch for Eric, hes active, friendly, smart, and also knows the inner-workings of the MapleStory client. I believe he will make a great moderator and will not abuse his powers.

Reaction score
No. -1 I don't vouch because he is a better WZ Editor than me.

Well on a real note, I do believe he knows what he is talking about when he posts on such things. Either it be in the Wz Editing section or actual development section. I think that he would be a wonder moderator.

I was around when D.Chaos was out, and he was apart of that team, he was a wonderful staff member and a good, I don't want to say role-model but I can't think of a different word so, eh. He is a shoe-in if one of the current moderators of the section were to leave. Hell even right now, none of the current moderators help or even post. There are posts still in the wrong section. Then there is a moderator that y'all put in that doesn't even belong. My thoughts though... May get some words from this but oh well. I think Eric should be moderator.

+1 Indefinably vouch for this guy.

(O_o(o_O(O_O)o_O)O_o)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well Eric is for sure the best candidate imo. Without Eric I wouldn't have been where I am today, he taught me an insane amount of things about general dev. and MapleStory dev over the last year. But more importantly, he's been helping Everyone over the last year. He's one of the most sincere and helpful people I've seen in the MapleStory section. There's not a problem he doesn't want to take a look at it seems.

As people above have mentioned, he know his stuff, he's smart, he doesn't abuse powers for sure (99,99% sure on that) and he'll help out the existing mods a great deal.

Overall: Easy choice, i'd vouch for Eric anytime!

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
I would vouch for Eric only because we need more active members in the maplestory development; he is very active and tends to be very supportive when it comes to members who are struggling with a concept. In my opinion, maplestory has died simply because the lack of contribution towards newcomers in the maplestory development world; with Eric, we could, in a sense, rebirth the forums and maybe revive maplestory into a genuine development, rather than a leeching corner; after all, this is a development forums, is it not?
Kimberly, I somewhat disagree with you on the fact that Eric was a bit immature; I believe, not saying you're wrong, that moderators should show a, in a way, relaxed side as they are essentially people too. Its fun to bond with current, and potential, moderators. This is just my opinion; I bring this up because haven't you played those servers where the staff is always in hide or extremely strict? It makes it boring; same concept here, the forums needs a new person to liven things up. Kevin did that in the past, but now he seems to be prioritizing other things now.

TL;DR: +1

P.S. Everything I said was B.S., I only want him to be nominated because he takes hours, in some cases weeks, to reply on skype.

Staff member
Reaction score
@Kimberly, I somewhat disagree with you on the fact that Eric was a bit immature; I believe, not saying you're wrong, that moderators should show a, in a way, relaxed side as they are essentially people too. Its fun to bond with current, and potential, moderators. This is just my opinion; I bring this up because haven't you played those servers where the staff is always in hide or extremely strict? It makes it boring; same concept here, the forums needs a new person to liven things up.

Yes, I agree 100% with you that 100% strictness is boring as hell. However, I make that reply in regards of helping a random person. If you know Eric, and he jokes, obviously there's no pain. However, let's say there's a new person joining the forums and he's asking help. Let's say Eric shoot out similar sarcasm. Other will catch the joke, but the new person that do not know Eric well yet don't, and may see it as unprofessional behaviour/reply from someone working and staffing the section.

TL;DR: You're right. My opinion is more towards new people that are for serious help, thus do not know well how someone else is. I love humour too, no worries (<3 retep998)

EDIT: Though I have to say I would still not fully agree with too much sarcasm in a topic. It (can) derail a topic very much.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
P.S. Everything I said was B.S., I only want him to be nominated because he takes hours, in some cases weeks, to reply on skype.

ily2 vincent ;)

On a serious note, thanks for the positive feedback. I think having funny replies is fine in threads, but absolutely trolling people (like some people do, or heavy flame) would be a no-no. Normally when I troll people I actually help them after my silly post, as well xD\

Also Kimberly I would never have a silly post toward a person without offering some type of help to them unless it's someone I personally know. Although, that's not really professional so that's why I agreed that rather than having posts like that, just move the thread and help out; there's always time for silly business on Skype or PM. ;P

Reaction score
I am someone who does not really know Eric that well personally (in a 1 on 1 sort of sense), but I have had conversations with him via Skype in group chats discussing programming topics as they pertain to MapleStory. He has always been professional when necessary and is not afraid to outreach to others in both giving and receiving assistance. This is definitely a trait a moderator should possess in a development community if they are sought to be a positive addition. He also has had a decent amount of time to contribute to the section directly by answering help threads and releasing content every once in a while. This is far more than some of our previous moderators have done in terms of contributions to the section prior to them becoming moderators and even after they did.

Take it as what you will, I think Eric is probably one of the most promising candidates you could find in /f425/ for the position.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Only person better than eric is Zygon so +1

But actually, other than a few jokes every once in awhile he helps everyone as he has knowledge in all aspects of maplestory development. All he needs now is mod and he'll rule the section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back