Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - MapleStory Section

Reaction score
Disclaimer
It's been a while since I last applied. Now that @Piggy left and a spot is open, I was thinking why not try again. So, here goes!

Personal information
My name is Gil and I'm 18 years old.

Section you're applying for
I'm applying for the MapleStory section.

Do you have any experience with the section you are applying for?
I started becoming interested at the MapleStory development field since the first server opened, which is OdinMS of course. Later on when they released their files to the public I dug in and started messing around with them. I was coding before and my enthusiasm to code became even bigger. As for the actual game - I play it since I was a kid. I started back in 2005 and play to this day. I'm experienced in several coding languages which can contribute to both the Java and the Alternative Languages' sections. I code for a few good years, as well.

One of my biggest contributions was a VB.Net MapleStory emulator. I also release a few helpful tools and code snippets from time to time to contribute to the community. Due to the fact that I'm online everyday I visit the Help forum every few minutes to help users around the forum with their everyday problems.

Moderation experience
Although it's been a while since I moderated a forum, I know all the rules by heart and follow them as much as I can. I can handle every situation politely and maturely. My activity plays a special role here because I can stop flame wars or spam threads as soon as possible and enforce the rules easily.

Write a small paragraph as to why you should be a moderator on your chosen section
I believe I can lead the MapleStory section to a change due to the fact that most of the users who visit the section are abusing the contribution of other users who work hard for their personal gain. There's nothing wrong wth that, but my belief is that with the right guidance we can lead them to a change in their attitude and make them actually learn and contribute themselves. I will organize the sections in a certain way that will ensure users will know where to post and feel better about it. I always try to mainten order and perfection in threads & posts. I really want to achieve the goal of turning everyone into teachers and students, by that means, show them how to catch a fish, and not just give them!

Why did you join RaGEZONE?
I joined RaGEZONE back in 2008 to improve my development skills and learn about the MapleStory development field. Throughout my time here I met some amazing, talented people which is one the reasons why I stayed here.

Activity
I'm very very active. By that I mean that I visit the section everyday to try and help users with their problems. I also try to come up with new ideas for tools & etcetera everyday to contribute to the forum. I'm browsing this section for a few good hours everyday. Heck, I even once won a medal for being the second most active person on RaGEZONE! @MentaL will confirm!

Thank you for taking the time to read.
Fraysa.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In my eyes, a moderator is one who enforces the rules of the section.

Therefore, I do not feel like Fraysa would be a good moderator for the section. Although he does make some very informative posts and attempts to help new members, he does have a past history in terms of infractions, and does make some "low-quality posts" (ie: posts that involve trolling). I firmly believe that kevintjuh would do fine with moderating the section with retep. Also, reading Fraysa's paragraph sounds like he wants to drive a change in the section, however this change seems more like something he can do without moderator's privileges.

Sorry Fraysa! :( Love some of your posts, but I don't see you fit as a moderator.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a relatively simple question, one that not many answer since they put it in to seem like they're sincere.

I will organize the sections in a certain way that will ensure users will know where to post and feel better about it
How will you do the above? Looking through your posts and threads, I am inclined to agree with KryptoniteD as of now. That could change though, as desire and determination are two very valuable assets one must possess if to succeed. Can you show us these skills?

Good luck.

Reaction score
I have to agree with everyone here. I've read some of fraysa's posts in the past, helpful sometimes, sometimes quite the opposite.
The rules are already in place. To get rule changes approved, they have to be cleared by upper management (Supers +Upwards), don't expect to just waltz in and modify the section on a whim.
No offense, but I know back in the day there was a small niche of contributors that were quite aggressive in their responses to members, you were among them. Again, not knocking you personally, but it doesn't help seeing so many of those type of replies. It makes you seem like you have an ego and not caring about the others.
I do believe you would be a better contribution by improving on helping others and not so much in the Moderating contributions.

Moderating isn't about modifying the section, its about maintaining the section and helping others to see the rules already in place.
Keeping the section clean of off-topic etc.
Pointing out the "current" rules when necessary.
Making sure to handle reports quickly, so that everyone knows the section is being cared for and maintained by someone who has the time to invest in doing so.

No vouch for Moderator, but I do hope you continue to help others.
Caring is sharing and sharing is caring.

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, everyone. I do like your criticism, Even though it's a bit harsh, there are always opponents, but I'm okay with that. I'm not perfect, nobody is. I'm currently doing my best to change my behavior as I'm aware to the fact that I can sometimes get angry easily and mock others which is completely unnecessary.

My determination to succeed outweighs any excuse to fail. That's all I can say right now. I'm not proud of my past behavior, but everyone has some rough days here and there. You have to accept it and learn to change yourself for the better, which is what I'm doing right now.

I have a relatively simple question, one that not many answer since they put it in to seem like they're sincere.

How will you do the above? Looking through your posts and threads, I am inclined to agree with KryptoniteD as of now. That could change though, as desire and determination are two very valuable assets one must possess if to succeed. Can you show us these skills?

Good luck.

It's already been discussed that the current sections' forums' arrangement is bad and most of the moderators were against it. It confuses new users - they rarely actually know where to post. I'm currently thinking on a new arrangement, which is not an easy task. This is one of my goals as a moderator. Sure, I can do this without being one, but due to the increase in my authority it'll be an easier task. My biggest goal is to change how new users view this section. To change their behavior towards it. To make them learn, experience and achieve things.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i agree with everything that has been said, the current moderators are fine

I'd feel awkward about having Fraysa as a moderator considering he was one of the people trying to push Piggy out of being a mod.

i think we can all agree that he was a godawful moderator though.

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure why everyone is attacking this guy.

- I went back few pages of his posts dating to late 2014... nothing that would not qualify him for being a moderator.

- Also, stop with the B.S about him trying to remove Piggy... piggy is an inactive moderator, and he resigned.

- MapleStory is one of those "uncontrolled" sections. So its very common to see members flame and troll each other.

- This user trolls few other users such as sunny and strong... so do they actually.

- This user is a no where near aggressive ... You clearly never dealt with me or MegaMax >.<

- Cut the personal crap and look at the general picture of his application.

Regardless.. My vote is neutral.

Back