Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - Maplestory Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Name: Bob
Alias: Wire
Contact Info: Please PM if you need it

TimeZone: Central Time -6:00

The Section I am applying for.
I am applying for the Maplestory Section

Do you have any experience for the section your applying for?
I have helped multiple people in the Maplestory section from compiling errors to client errors. I joined RaGEZONE specifically for creating a Maplestory server, but began to help other players that wanted to make one to test things on or make a server for everyone. I have some experience in website developing and very little java. I usually spend about two or three hours total a day in the Maplestory section looking at Help posts and the releases.

Moderation Experience.
I have been a Moderator on multiple Maplestory therefore I know all the rules and aspects there is to being a Moderator.

Why did you join RaGEZONE?
I joined RaGEZONE in May (2013) to make a Maplestory Private Server. Since then I have been a part of multiple Maplestory Servers including KinkyMS, InverseMS, BeastMaple, XendiusMS, and soon to be with PikaMS since InverseMS and PikaMS are coming together a creating a network. Maplestory has been my life for the past couple of years and once I found out that Maplestory servers existed came to RaGEZONE (Was the first link that came up on google).

Activity in the Section.
I am very active on RaGEZONE. I am on for at least an hour and a half every single day. Unless something comes of course, such as Family dying, or a special event comes up. I am currently in school 5 days a week (Mon. - Fri.). I am at home from around 3:30 Central Time and get on RaGEZONE as soon as I get home.

Thank you for taking the time to read my Moderator Application. ~Wire

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Don't you got to be a member of ragezone for at least a year?
Maplestory section doesn't really need any more moderators doe.

Oh, you have to be a member for a year to become a Moderator? Also, those Mods can't be on 24/7 to keep it clean.

I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
I don't remember if I had been a member for a year when I applied, but I am now. Personally its all about your reputation in our vast community, and how you have influenced it. Good Luck, and even if your not accepted now, it doesn't mean a position won't arise soon.

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Any big contributions? Not exactly necessary but useful for what you're trying to gain. You haven't posted much and by the looks of the posts above, you're not really known for much either. Maybe you should wait, make some contributions (that are useful), respect the community (sounds to me like you're doing that well) and come back to this. Good luck.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok I will, and I am usually in the section very often whether I post in there or not. I would like this thread to be locked also. :) #Lock

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
No vouch for you here, sorry.

Reasons:

- There are already 3 moderators in the MS section and they are doing a fine job and are very active. Furthermore Kreeate is an active supervisor and he helps to keep MS section clean too.
- You seem to be pretty new, having joined only in may this year
- Looked through 3 pages of your most recent posts and all of your started threads, you seem to not have contributed much (compared to kevin - Moople and peter - NoLifeDev)
- What Fraysa said

Wire said:
Also, those Mods can't be on 24/7 to keep it clean.
I don't believe there is a need for mods to be online 24/7 to keep the section clean. They're handling post reports and cleaning up the section every day and that's quite adequate to keep the section clean.

I think, to increase your chances of being a moderator, you can report posts that break the forum/section rules to show your desire to keep the section clean, as well as contribute more to the MS section.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
No.

@OT I'm sorry but I've never seen you post before. Nevertheless, I believe a moderator should be much more than helping a few times here and there.

your opinion will never affect anyone around here do take notice that anyone is free feel to apply as a moderator end of the day it comes down to the supervisors and the administrator himself so pretty much I don't think anyone here give 2 rats around you and your unspeakable behaviour...

Reaction score
your opinion will never affect anyone around here do take notice that anyone is free feel to apply as a moderator end of the day it comes down to the supervisors and the administrator himself so pretty much I don't think anyone here give 2 rats around you and your unspeakable behaviour...

Yet you quote and replied to me off -topic.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Can I get this thread locked by a moderator please?

bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Name seems familiar. Anyways, good luck. It's harder than most people realize. Maybe not recently, but yea...

Reaction score
I dont think the section needs any more moderators. There are already 3 of them and 2 supervisors.

Reporting posts is also helping Moderators and they gladly appreciate your help for that but for now I dont think another moderator is needed.

If any Moderators leave and new one is needed they'll browse this section and look for decent candidates so dont think you have missed your chance.

Also centered text is the most annoying thing to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back