Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application for Merchant Zone

Reaction score
Name: Liam McGrath

Country/Timezone: Australia - GMT +10:00

Language(s): English [Australian English]

What section I'm applying for?: Merchant Zone

Email Address: my_ki@live.com.au

Why am I applying?
I am applying for the section `Merchant Zone`, the reason for this, is because I was told the section needs new moderators. I am also applying because I am a constant user of the Merchant Zone, I sell and buy from there. And I also know how to maintain the section(s) within the forum ('Merchant Zone') - Thus being said, I would like to become a moderator to help out around the forums and enforce the rules, and help accept threads in quick time!

My RaGEZONE usage
I am a constant user of RaGEZONE, it is one of the daily things I do. I am constantly checking up on RaGEZONE every hour or so, and I am constantly reading threads and commenting if appropriate. I am able to have access to RaGEZONE at home, school and when I'm out (VIA Mobile phone) - I am able to access RaGEZONE almost every day, if not, 90% of the time! I will and am always be on RaGEZONE a lot, as it's one of my main priority's when I go on the internet.

How will I show dedication towards the section?
Since I am able to access RaGEZONE every day for a very long period of time, I'm able to moderate the section a lot, I am able to go over threads and make sure it's closed if the owner has sold their item(s) and/or delete comments that aren't appropriate. (an obvious factor) - I will be able to do any task required, if it means activate/accept/moderate threads and/or comments. My dedication towards the section will be great, and I will always be dedicated and make sure the section is under control and maintained properly.

About myself
Well, I've already covered most things already in this thread. But there are some things that I haven't mentioned... yet! Well, let's get to know me? I am a full time, heavy computer user. I usually spend my time browsing RaGEZONE, coding and on Facebook/Skype/YouTube. I know my way around a computer very well for my age, and I can't say I'm the best, but I know quite a lot! I go to school still, but I have a lot of time after school/before school/during school to access the internet (Laptop, Computer, Phone) - I always have internet on me, witch is on my phone. I am a friendly person, and I am always very helpful if people need help. There's not much to say about me, as I've covered all the main information about myself. But if there's anything you need to know, I am more than happy to provide the information for you!

Why should you choose me?
Well, I have always wanted to work at RaGEZONE, and I am always contributing and willing to help around RaGEZONE. I've released a few things over my time on RaGEZONE! I am mainly in the Habbo Hotel section, but I always check the Merchant Zone to see what things people are selling! I am able to help the section, and like I've said, in any way. Accepting threads, managing posts and what other duties I'm assigned to. I know my way around vBulliten, including its moderation panel. I use to own my own forums (MyBB, PHPBB) and I use to moderate a friends forum which no longer exists, it was vBulletin. Regardless, I am good for the job, and I will never abuse my powers, and I am always willing to help with ANYTHING! I am always on RaGEZONE, so I'll be able to manage and moderate every day for hours on end! I am a hard working person, and I always assign time to do something, in this case moderate! I have also owned a few Habbo retros, this may not be appropriate to the section, but it's given me a lot of experience in managing users and keeping things under control. This does help a lot with moderation as being a owner of a retro also requires time and effort into managing a community.

Will I be more dedicated to the section I'm applying for?
Oh, yes I will! I will be always and constantly managing threads, and viewing comments to make sure there's no rule-breaking comments. But I am already very dedicated towards RaGEZONE, regardless!

Infractions/Warnings
Expired: Last person posting here gets free furni... (not really).
Warning - No Points
----

Expired: Last person posting is Donald Duck?
Timeout
----

Expired: Private
Rule Violation
----

Expired: Private
Spamming
Those are the infraction/warnings I've gotten on this account in total. I've never been banned from the infractions as they weren't a lot of points taken off my account. But the last one I got was a warning which was from 7 months ago..! So hopefully they don't think less of my application?

Well that is really all for my application? If any further information is needed, I will be happy to provide more information. But I thank you all for reading, and for your replies towards the application! Thanks, warm regards,

Liam

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Checked your threads but not found anything can be usefull there; no vouch from me, good luck anyway.
Also your age... too low for moderate Merchant Zone
And more details about your infractions?

Regards
RevoLand

Reaction score
Vouch from me.. Your age might hold you back though mate..
Thank you very much mate! And that's what I thought when I had the idea of making an application, but I thought, I will just have a shot at it.. Worth a try! Thanks anyway :)!

Checked your threads but not found anything can be usefull there; no vouch from me, good luck anyway.
Also your age... too low for moderate Merchant Zone
And more details about your infractions?

Regards
RevoLand
Well, there's nothing you can really post that will be useful to the Merchant zone, as it's for sellers and buyers. I still appreciate your comment although you didn't vouch for me, but that's no problem!
My age, please, don't let that reflect anything. Age is just a number, it doesn't reflect maturity or anything like that, don't you think?
And infractions are made private for a reason, I've given the reason there, but if Dan or Mods want to, they can look into these infractions. Sorry though! Thanks though!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Your birthday's 3 days before mine ;( .. Well 3 days + 1 year.

Anyways, Good luck to you.
You have a vouch from me.

Reaction score
Although puberty is a requirement, having a hairy nad sack isn't going effect how you do your mod job xD
I agree with you there! I don't see what puberty is going to do/make a difference? But I could understand there needs to be a maturity level for being a moderator.. But I know I probably won't get a job here anyway, but you never know, I might be able to? Well, thanks for the comments and support!

Reaction score
Merchant Zone is a whole lot different than your normal dev or even evo section. You would need to know which products are real vs others being fake. And sellers is an important key, knowing their background history (if possible) is good. We don't like scammers here!

We'd really need a good mature mod (preferably older)/current mod, as they're more experienced and already know what's going on, rather than starting with fresh meat, for such an important section.

I'm not saying you're bad or that you won't get the job, just we need a really good moderator for this section.

No vouch from me though, if you start smaller and work your way up, you might get a better chance in the future.

Sorry,
Sean

Reaction score
Merchant Zone is a whole lot different than your normal dev or even evo section. You would need to know which products are real vs others being fake. And sellers is an important key, knowing their background history (if possible) is good. We don't like scammers here!

We'd really need a good mature mod (preferably older)/current mod, as they're more experienced and already know what's going on, rather than starting with fresh meat, for such an important section.

I'm not saying you're bad or that you won't get the job, just we need a really good moderator for this section.

No vouch from me though, if you start smaller and work your way up, you might get a better chance in the future.

Sorry,
Sean
Thanks a lot Sean for your wonderful comment. I can understand that the Merchant Zone is a very important section and needs to be moderated properly, but I do understand how to run a section like that. I understand that I would (if any) have to do background checks, and that's what I will do to ensure top service for the users here at RaGEZONE when they're selling.

As for the type of section I'm applying for, I really didn't know what section if any I should choose from, as from what I know there are no open sections for moderators.. But I would go for the Habbo Hotel section as I spend most my time there.. And if there is, suggestions on sections, and/or if I should apply for it (edit this thread?) - Overall, thanks, but I really do want to help out RZ as much as possible and it would just be great to help out. But since an experienced staff like you, I have a feeling I'm not going to get anywhere near MOD on RaGEZONE any time soon.. But I wish myself all the luck =)

Regards, Liam.

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Sean for your wonderful comment. I can understand that the Merchant Zone is a very important section and needs to be moderated properly, but I do understand how to run a section like that. I understand that I would (if any) have to do background checks, and that's what I will do to ensure top service for the users here at RaGEZONE when they're selling.

As for the type of section I'm applying for, I really didn't know what section if any I should choose from, as from what I know there are no open sections for moderators.. But I would go for the Habbo Hotel section as I spend most my time there.. And if there is, suggestions on sections, and/or if I should apply for it (edit this thread?) - Overall, thanks, but I really do want to help out RZ as much as possible and it would just be great to help out. But since an experienced staff like you, I have a feeling I'm not going to get anywhere near MOD on RaGEZONE any time soon.. But I wish myself all the luck =)

Regards, Liam.

It is important to note that applying for a section (particularly if it's popular) just for the position is rather foolish. I don't mean to sound austere, but, I can't see where doing so will benefit you as an individual - nor the section you're applying for. When I see a moderator in the section(s) I am most active in, I'd like to think that they have a little background knowledge of the section, regardless. I believe that having this knowledge will allow them to better distinguish between good and bad threads/ posts - and the knowledge they have can be applied to their moderating technique(s).

Likewise for new moderators - and as has been stated before; it is preferred that one should apply for a small section first, and work their way up. Now, while this could go against what I have just said.. if you were applying for a small section [and on the grounds that the section happened to be one of few with vacancies], then that wouldn't necessary apply.

Good luck, nevertheless.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Read some feedback threads, bad feed back.

i say no.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dear Liam,
With previous issues between you and sellers I would personally denie your application for a number of reasons.

Reason A,
I believe due to your misfortunes in the section previosly your judgement may be clouded and specific users targeted. This to me gives high doubt to your ability to do the job fairly and with out issues.

Reason B,
This merchant section requires a long standing member of the community who not only has trust but has shown them self to have knowledge of the section. Preferably a user who actively sells in the section and has no issues against them self from any client.

Reason C,
Age does matter. Why it may seem a silly thing in a community some times age is an issue. We would not have a 13 year old modding the 18+ section. It just makes no sense really. I feel your age is a cause and not many sellers or buyers will want to trust there threads to a such a young person.

I have been an active member of Ragezone since 2007. I have been a moderator a number of times. I have run server for ragezone and I have also been actively selling for sometime. The issue is even I would more likely not be accepted as a moderator for the section. There are only a select few people in this community who really would be able to pass vetting.

I am sorry if this sounds harsh but see it as this. Would you want a child looking after your money and your services for you? Or would you want an adult.

Reaction score
Dear Liam,
With previous issues between you and sellers I would personally denie your application for a number of reasons.

Reason A,
I believe due to your misfortunes in the section previosly your judgement may be clouded and specific users targeted. This to me gives high doubt to your ability to do the job fairly and with out issues.

Reason B,
This merchant section requires a long standing member of the community who not only has trust but has shown them self to have knowledge of the section. Preferably a user who actively sells in the section and has no issues against them self from any client.

Reason C,
Age does matter. Why it may seem a silly thing in a community some times age is an issue. We would not have a 13 year old modding the 18+ section. It just makes no sense really. I feel your age is a cause and not many sellers or buyers will want to trust there threads to a such a young person.

I have been an active member of Ragezone since 2007. I have been a moderator a number of times. I have run server for ragezone and I have also been actively selling for sometime. The issue is even I would more likely not be accepted as a moderator for the section. There are only a select few people in this community who really would be able to pass vetting.

I am sorry if this sounds harsh but see it as this. Would you want a child looking after your money and your services for you? Or would you want an adult.
Thank you very much for your comment, I have considered to not apply for the Merchant section. Could this thread be closed, thanks.. -_-

Back