Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - Merchant Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Moderator Application - Merchant Zone

Personal Information:
Name - Marc Gault
Location - Washington State - USA
Avalibility - 3-4 Hours a Day (On and Off)
Language - English

About Me:
I am Marc, I enjoy browsing forums, playing video games, coding websites, and developing websites, and mods for Minecraft and GMod.

Hobbies:
1. Video Games
2. Coding
3. Exploration (IRL)
4. Computers (e.g upgrading, and custom building.)

Jobs:
I work almost 8 hours a day, at a local business. I sometimes also work for my dad, at his company.

Why Merchant Zone?
I saw a thread the other day, saying how the Merchant Zone is not "Taken Care Of". And I have to agree, the merchant zone is a bit of a mess, and needs an official moderator. Everyday, I look at that section and browse through the threads, I see flaming, members breaking the rules...and no one doing anything about them. The moderation before the threads get posted is quite slow, sometimes takes over 24 hours, along with the fact that there are sometimes spam threads getting through the moderator process. There are currently no moderators in that section, not including the two Supervisors.

Why Me?
I have been on this forum for around 1.5 - 2 years now, mainly in the Market section and the MapleStory section. I have reported multiple posts about members breaking rules, being disrespectful, spamming, flaming, etc. A lot of the reports don't get dealt with, which is a bad thing, and makes the section look horrible. I can be very active on the section, along with getting to 99-100 percent of the reported posts, dealing with each and every single one of them properly, I know how moderating works in that section, and know how to deal with each situation. I can make sure all topics stay on topic. I will not only respond to reported posts, I will always be looking at new topics to see if anything is wrong.

What Have I Contributed?
There really isn't anything to contribute, besides maybe support on sales, and middle manning. I have gave multiple people on their threads help, I have told them the correct prices they should sell their item at, and much more. There really isn't much contributing you can do in that section.

What Can I Contribute?
I am contribute my help and support on all trades, sales, and buys at multiple different times in the day. I can also make sure all reported posts get dealt with properly, and make sure topics stay on topic.

Thank you for reading,
- Marc

P.S: Sorry, not colorful, I have no creativity. >:D

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Reaction score
Looking through the threads sonnyeb listed, it appears you have lied about your age in a few of them, one linked to a post you made on another forum claiming to be 14, and one when you replied to someone claiming to then be 19. It also appears you are listed upon the Bad Sellers list, why would you want to apply to a section where you are clearly not trusted in? You called another user a 'Ducking idiot' and 'lowlife' in the same sentence, you then proceeded to say this to two more users

Ron, Azn, you two are the biggest pieces of poop I've ever seen lol.

After reading all of the threads you were involved in, I don't even see how you're still here...

Reaction score
After reviewing the thread, the app. in itself looks decent. But it also comes down to how you act as a member, moderators have many rules we have to stick by. And with your posting, I don't believe you'd be trustworthy enough to take on the duty of a moderator.
Pick up your act! Do better. And maybe try again in a few months. But for right now I don't think it'd be a good idea for you to become a moderator.
So no vouch from me. Sorry.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looking through the threads sonnyeb listed, it appears you have lied about your age in a few of them, one linked to a post you made on another forum claiming to be 14, and one when you replied to someone claiming to then be 19. It also appears you are listed upon the Bad Sellers list, why would you want to apply to a section where you are clearly not trusted in? You called another user a 'Ducking idiot' and 'lowlife' in the same sentence, you then proceeded to say this to two more users

After reading all of the threads you were involved in, I don't even see how you're still here...
Everything sonneyb listed happened over a year ago, and have changed since then, yes I may be on the bad sellers list, but me becoming a moderator has nothing to do with selling...
Kreeate and Henmoro thank you for your honesty, I will try to do better, everything that has happened in that section was over a year ago. As I said to Lewis.

But it seems I don't have a chance at this point, so closing the thread.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Jesus Ducking Christ do I have to do some work now because you kids don't shut it? For the record Wreckless is right, only experienced mods get MZ. Also no point in tagging staff to make them work for you, use the report function. Besides, Kreeate can't moderate this section, only us Super Mods can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back