Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - MuOnline Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Personal Info:
Name: Sydney Lumbao
Language: Can speak English, Tagalog
Hobby: Intelligence Networking on Computers!
Favorite Section: MuOnline is the best!

About me:
Well im Sydney from the small town of Cebu City,Philippines i graduated 2 Years in Associate in Computer Technology(ACT) and work as an self employed via networking on computers, i started to visit ragezone since 2011 for the interest to learn on how to make MuOnline Private Servers, for the past years i succesfully learn a lot of MuOnline's making servers,mu websites, and fixing some bugs i found, i made a private server last year and make it public but sad to say my server is down due to financial problems!

Emari as a Moderator?:
I'm applying as a MuOnline Moderator because i want to be the one of the servant of Ragezone forums, because i learned a lot in here especially on MuOnline i want to serve this community with all my heart!,

What is a Moderator for me?:
Well being a moderator is not the way to make you famous or being high rank in the forums, being a moderator is servant to help the forums always organized and to help members especially to the new members here in forum!

What Emari Contribute to MuOnline Section!:
Well im not so famous in MuOnline Section and i contribute a little help on other members for their misunderstanding on guides and etc., ! i know contribution is the very important to apply as moderator like Mental says "make sure you contribute to the section you are applying for"! but me i contribute a little help on that section but honestly i don't post some release configured by me but im trying to post some release soon when my files is perfectly to post!

If i have the chance to serve this big community i will do my best to give all my knowledge and skills especially in MuOnline Section to help others!

Contribution:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f196/subse...5/#post7535984
http://forum.ragezone.com/f196/make-...online-774477/

Emari,
Moderator Applicant

Reaction score
As far as I know MuOnline is a very active section, though you application looks good - I don't think you will be the best pick for the section, mostly due to no past experience.

Moderators aren't 'servants', if you want to contribute you can keep helping people/post reports. Serve the community by keeping helping them with their problems. Heck, if you want to support MentaL, keep buying subscriptions.

As said in a lot of previous applications by a lot of different people - you don't need a green name to help out people. I wish you good luck though, but I'm sorry, no vouch from me.

Reaction score
As far as I know MuOnline is a very active section, though you application looks good - I don't think you will be the best pick for the section, mostly due to no past experience.

Moderators aren't 'servants', if you want to contribute you can keep helping people/post reports. Serve the community by keeping helping them with their problems. Heck, if you want to support MentaL, keep buying subscriptions.

As said in a lot of previous applications by a lot of different people - you don't need a green name to help out people. I wish you good luck though, but I'm sorry, no vouch from me.

That's ok mate, thanks for the advised!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@Emeri,

Your intentions are good, but as @Wessel said, you lack experience on RZ. Being a moderator is more then help others on Help Section or release good files, you need to feel what is right, what is wrong, who is posting just to flame, who really want to help and who dont.

Even to organize forum, you dont need to be a Moderator, because I do reports all time and i'm helping to organize Mu Online section by doing it.

For me Moderators are people who understand all kind of players and do everything to they understand each others, by understanding their culture, thoughts and feelings. Moderators are conductors of a large orchestra called RaGEZONE ;)

Anyway, good luck in your application.

Reaction score
There are 2 moderators currently on that section , i'm not sure they are much active but it's kind of hidden thing .
mu online section since its super active it needs really some cleaning work on spams and fixing download links on threads ,
most of all old threads and finished projects , on skins etc are dead , no one reports or just a few and they still stay dead ,
if some 1 could updated all these links somehow , and organise the forum it would be great but it seems like no one has the time for that or something?

maybe a new moderator can do it?

Good luck.

Reaction score
There are 2 moderators currently on that section , i'm not sure they are much active but it's kind of hidden thing .
mu online section since its super active it needs really some cleaning work on spams and fixing download links on threads ,
most of all old threads and finished projects , on skins etc are dead , no one reports or just a few and they still stay dead ,
if some 1 could updated all these links somehow , and organise the forum it would be great but it seems like no one has the time for that or something?

maybe a new moderator can do it?

Good luck.

Just to prevent people from using that excuse again, if you think a moderator is poorly moderating a section, contact a Super MOD. Don't make posts such as these, the old MOD's don't know if they are doing anything wrong if they aren't told so.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I know nothing about the MU section, other than I know it's a active section. But according to the moderation stats, one of the MU moderators are ranked very high. In fact top 10 in moderator actions. The other is less active though. But as Wessel said, contact a super moderator.

People always tend to go off topic on moderator applications, whether there is need for more moderators or not. That's not relevant to the moderator application thread, more a discussion about the section they are applying for. So I'd suggest keeping that discussion off the moderator applications. Or else, it's more or less off topic.

As for the application, it's quite short. If you really want this position, I'd suggest you putting in some more effort to the application. Nonetheless, I have to agree with my "colleague" Wessel here. MU is a very active section, and therefore needs to be maintained and administrated by experienced moderators. Therefore, I'd go for another, less active section to start out with. But, no matter what section your applying for.. Spend some time on your application, and more importantly work on your contributions to the section you're applying for. Helping a couple of persons isn't enough, help the whole community if you can. And if you lack development knowledge, you can still help out with tips, ideas and whatso. A contributor doesn't necessarily have to be the one releasing everything, putting in some effort for the section is just as vital.

Good luck!

Reaction score
I have some knowledge on MuOnline because ive been MuOnline Administrator before as everyday i check the MuOnline section there's many post /thread to be moderate like GanjaMUOnline said, so that's why im applying for this forum as a moderator to help other mods to make their job even their not online because we are not on a the same TimeZone, i think it's better to have a new moderator especially online in my Time Zone +8 because 40-50% online of that time is came from my Country Philippines.

Thanks for the feedback Detox and GanjaMUOnline,

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm actually a highly active member on Mu Online section, mostly on Releases subforum; and I don't really think a new Mod is needed; I send reports often; all of them get solved mostly within a 24hs period, wich I think is pretty good enough...

Besides this, I can't give you a possitive vote; since I don't really see you posting or sharing or whatsoever periodically....(again; I'm mostly @ Mu Release/Development/Skin sections)

Best of Luck anyways.
Ian.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mu section too active and you don't get the skills?

Come on is just basic typing on a keyboard and a good language using
. You can use the dictionary for reference.

MuOnline section is not some wushu or kungfu, you do not need skills to be a moderator , ROFL!! What c++? "DAMN SO DIFFICULT CODING MU SECTION" It just name and fame from some guy who might not even care about you to this spot.

And how do you his skills if never even seen it. I believe you guy speak with blindness.

I say +1 for this resume.
why? I don't think you need skills for this.
Moderator just just simply deleting crap. They are not so active so why not add 1 more.

Well they don't even help out in MuOnline Help section so what the big deal?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It seems like you're grammatic skills aren't quite relevant to moderate a forum.

I liked your application but he's right. <3 Took the words right out of my mouth~ I mean.. I read through your application and kind of liked it but during the reading it was like.. "This grammar! Moderators have professional grammar!"

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I liked your application but he's right. <3 Took the words right out of my mouth~ I mean.. I read through your application and kind of liked it but during the reading it was like.. "This grammar! Moderators have professional grammar!"

But arent this just common human mistakes??
Actually kinda agreed. Bad grammar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back