Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Moderator Application] - Outerworld

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Greetings :rolleyes:

Three years ago, somewhere around July 2015 I wrote a moderator application and resigned rather unexpectedly last year (More into that later on). I didn't think I would find myself re-applying to be a Moderator again .. but here I am.

Name: Vaulient

Contact Methods: Private message will do :)

Availability Times: I'm practically on all the time, just that a tad busy in the morning and unavailable when I'm sleeping :eek:tt1:

The Section I'm Applying For: The Outerworld (Evolution)

Now that the formalities are done with, let's get into further details. If more information about my background is needed, the below link is the link to my previous moderator application.

Reason I Am Applying:

To put it briefly, I miss RaGEZONE. There's no denying it. I miss being a part of the family that I was in whilst spending my time on RZ. But is that a valid reason? Well after how I left the team last year, no, it's not a valid reason, it's unfair. I left without any notice by only informing Biesmen that I wanted to quit. I was given many opportunities to stay and rethink my decision but at that time, I had already made up my mind that I needed to leave. So here's the explanation as to why ..

It may sound cliche, but life was the reason. At the time, I had many things going on in real. I was stressed and my thoughts were just out of bounds and at that time RZ wasn't helping me out much since my moderator activity was not on par with the other mods. I felt like I wasn't doing any thing, I felt like I didn't deserve the title anymore. I was a moderator for 5 sections but rarely had any reports to deal with. It was depressing as I felt the same way in real life, and the same way in RZ, there was just no peace of mind for me and I didn't want to let my thoughts make me do or say anything that would bring a bad impression unto myself. It may seem childish in a certain perspective, but at that time I felt like it was the right decision.

Turns out, it was. I stopped being so active on social media soon (also explains why I never came on for months, because I rarely got on my PC anymore other than for study related stuff, YouTube and Anime :p ) after that and I had more time to focus on real life and at this very moment, I'm in a better place than I was a year ago. My grades are good, my daily progress and tasks are going great, my social life is great, everything is good now. To be honest, a part within me really never wanted to quit.

Do I deserve to be Mod Again?:

This is the big question that's ringing in my head now. I do feel guilty from the way I left. I should have taken the courtesy to explain things out but I didn't want to seem weak. I didn't want to seem like a guy with issues, and that was wrong of me. I guess we all do mistakes- that's what makes us humans eyh :mellow:

Though the guilt, I decided to go against the odds and to roll the dice and to take a chance. I had a lot of time to contemplate and that is why I have decided to move on from the MMO/MMORPG section which didn't work out for me and to apply Mod for the Evo section. I'm hoping with a fresh new start, I could prove my worth once again. However, I wouldn't mind moderating a MMO section if the superiors wanted me to.

Previous Moderation Experience:

I have been the moderator for a few sections such as Tantra Online, Agar.io, Fiesta Online, Pangya Online, World of Kung Fu

Evidence:

Also, the sections such as Pangya, Tantra and World of Kung Fu lacked sub sections such as help, release and development. I had discussed with MentaL and the superiors two years ago to introduce these sub sections and once they were added, I had moved most of the threads to the relevant sub-sections as a section clean up.

Previous Forum Experience:
Other than being a moderator on RaGEZONE before, I have no other experience on other forums besides being a normal member. I have however had my own XenForo forumboard for anime discussion which I closed down two years ago.

Lastly:
I would like to apologize to Madison, Future, and Biesmen for not informing them of anything before leaving the team. I would also like to apologize to the mods who I worked with in certain sections.

Would I leave again? Honestly, I'm really not sure what the Future holds but my feelings right now are strongly leaning to "No, it will not" and I sure hope it stays that way. :love:

Regards,
Vaulient

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
As much as your application was a good read there is some problems for me. Outerworld doesn't need a moderator in it at this moment in time, there really is nothing to do and there is barely any reports. This is heightened by the fact you didn't like having sections before that didn't get many reports and this had a negative impact on your self. So why apply for a section that is going to have a similar impact on you again? Why this time would it be different? And why do you think outerworld needs a moderator?

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As much as your application was a good read there is some problems for me. Outerworld doesn't need a moderator in it at this moment in time, there really is nothing to do and there is barely any reports.

Thank you for the input, I was not aware of this :)

This is heightened by the fact you didn't like having sections before that didn't get many reports and this had a negative impact on your self. So why apply for a section that is going to have a similar impact on you again? Why this time would it be different? And why do you think outerworld needs a moderator?

Great questions! Honestly, compared to the 5 previous sections that I used to moderate, the outerworld section itself has much more activity going on then all 5 combined together. Thus I took interest in the section. Why would this time be different? Because I don't think the same way as I did a year back anymore. I really do believe that. I guess you could say that in the time I've spent away, I've matured to the extent that I will not allow petty "feelings" or "thoughts" to come in the way of being a good moderator and to keep a professional attitude. I think outerworld could use a moderator because the other sections in Evo have a moderator and I was hoping I could fill out the outerworld and help LDM out when he's away. Though this doesn't really matter but I do live in a different time zone and I could keep an eye out for spammers or spam bots and other unnecessary/irrelevant content when Super Mods and LDM are away.

However, I do understand your point and I agree. Well, if there is ever a need for a moderator in outerworld in the future, I'd be glad to fill in the spot.

Thank you for the reply :)

Back