Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application. -Perfect World Section-

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would like to express interest in becoming a moderator for your perfect world section. I spend a great deal of time here and enjoy helping other users. I also bring a wide variety of skills and experience to the table having modded several forums over the course of my life and managed large groups of people professionally.

About me: My name is Doug I am Twenty eight years old and currently active duty in the united states army. I have my bachelors in computer science and I specialize in data encryption. I got my degree prior to joining the army and picked up my specialization while in. Before hand I have worked as a database administrator, and a few other things so I am knowledgeable about server setups and that sort of thing. I don't bring much as an app developer as its only something I dabble in but I have a high capacity to learn and just absorbing new information is one of my favorite ways to pass my time.

Activities: I currently run my own perfect world server I can provide links on request. Early in my life I began learning php code by working with various forum software's and have on occasion contributed modifications and code fixes to various platforms as well repairing small bits of code in need of update in certain now unsupported software's. I spend a lost of my time testing things and working on my own server. In addition to perfect world servers in the past I have also done dDablo2 battle.net servers, Everquest servers.

Reason for joining RAGEZONE FORUMS: I had often read bits of information here in my other pursuits.I was also a big fan of perfect world and became very disenchanted with the company as many people did leading me to seek a method to host my own server. Two years ago I came in here a virtual dummy to the process and a lot of good people helped me get where I am today with it.

Contributions: I have put together a compiled guide on how to build a 151 server that answers many of the questions new people repeatedly ask and I think lays it all out in a fairly simplistic manner. I spend time here helping other users and answering questions as well as when time allows helping to trouble shoot issues and educate others via team viewer.

My current focus is developing a download database for the many files we all depend on to run our servers as some of them are becoming sparse and hard to find. I also do releases that I and the devs who work on my server compile to help others. I also possess a decent amount of resources for use in development and continuously test new releases as they come and try to offer feed back and assistance where I can.

If there is anymore information you would like feel free to ask I am an open book. I am by no means the most knowledgeable developer on here but I am dedicated to the development in the perfect world section and would enjoy the opportunity to contribute even more as a moderator.

(Also thanks to blacksheep25 as I borrowed this format from their app. )

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know I'm not established or known here whatsoever but coming from someone who just began using these forums, I think that this guy is moderator material. He's been nothing but kind to not only myself but other people who are having troubles with anything server-related. He takes the time to help out even the people who don't really attempt to search up their issue before asking for help. He's shown a lot of patience with people and is attempting to do some good for people who are new to setting up servers by creating a really helpful all-in-one guide along with making sure the files we all need are available to us. Im sure that even the vets of the PW forums can appreciate the latter example. All my +'s.

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I like how much detail you've put into this application, it also hasn't been rushed. However there's already two moderators handling the section and with the amount of activity Perfect Section has recently, I think two moderators can handle it just fine. Maybe if the activity increases or a moderator leaves their position, I think you'd have a pretty good chance but until then, It's a no from me.

Reaction score
I like this guy though I'm not really sure wether the amount of contribution you have to the section is good enough. I mean making 147 posts over the course of 3 years doesn't really sound active in my opinion.

Too me it looks like you know what you're talking about which is a plus.

Back