Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - The Portfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Name:
Carlos Rocha

Nationality:
Portuguese

Languages:
  • Portuguese;
  • Spanish;
  • English;

GMT:
GMT+0

About Myself:
I went alone to live in the UK for 4 months with 18 years old due to a job opportunity, was a commis chef in Tribbiani's Pizza, Liverpool. Studied Photography and Multimedia. I like to hang out with my mates, talk to them through Skype and TS and play League :b I used to be a Moderator of the Section I am applying for. For those who are wondering why I am not a Moderator anymore I resigned last year due to personal reasons, yet, I want to come back because The Portfolio needs to get active, it's a shame to see this section rooting, The Portfolio used to be active back in the days and now I can't tell you guys that. I have some Ideas to bring back the Activity to the section.

The Portfolio (Main Section):

The Artists University

This will be a place specialize to learn how to do things such as Avatars, TAGs, userbars, gifs, Webdesigns, artwork and stuff like that, I had in mind grouping up the best known artists that are active on the section and ask them if they would be available to join the project as teachers. Secondly I would like to know if there is any interest on being students of this "University".

Graphic Teams/Groups

This Idea came solely to revive the Graphic Battles, it could also connect with the University Idea. Lets say that we have 2 Teams, Gambit and Fnatic. They are both skilled and they want to fight or practice. Lets make a Battle between the teams, each member of the Teams must battle with each other following the subject of the battle. (1 member for Avatar+TAG | 1 member for Webdesign | 1 Member for Wallpaper | etc..)

SOTW - Signature Of The Week

The most known contest in the gfx forums/communities, Every weeks the community will vote for the best entry. 5 days to work on the TAG and 2 days to vote. Prizes to be discussed. (possibilities: userbar or icon + sub)

GOTW - Graphic Of The Week

Same as SOTW but for the global graphics, it doesn't restrict in TAGs. 5 days to work and 2 days to vote.

Requests (Sub-forum):

To promote the Requests Sub-forum I had in mind to stick the best Services Thread of the month.
Lets say that Genja is a very skilled Artist, he decides to open a Services Thread. Rekkles is also a good Artist and wants to compete with Genja or just taking requests. Now we have 2 Services Threads to choose. Thread with more completed services takes the Sticky spot.

Signatures (Sub-forum):

The Signatures Sub-Forum is all about tags, however we can make it more appealing. Signature of the Week must have the well known "Wall of Fame" a thread to make all the winners known by all.

Activity
Unemployed - any time of the day until I get a job.

Experience Moderating:
» Dragonica Online Section - 25/03/2012 ~ 25/03/2012
» Talisman Online Section - 30/03/2012 ~ 08/03/13
» Flyff Private Servers Section - 23/04/2012 ~ 08/03/13
» Trantra Online Section - 02/07/2012 ~ 08/03/13
» The Portfolio Section - 05/07/2012 ~ 08/03/13
» [Global Section] Private Servers Section - 03/12/12 ~ 08/03/13
» Entertainment - 29/12/12 ~ 08/03/13

Master Summoner
Reaction score
What I think about the suggestions:

The Artists University: Obviously a good idea and if the pros do come back out of hiding, then this will definitely work. This would be, imo, remove the tutorial and resource section.

Graphics Team/Group: If the university goes well, then this can be implemented imo. There arent many designers active, so making teams (even teams) will be pretty hard. Need a lot of active people for this in order for it show its full potential

SOTW: I remember this dying somewhere around Feb 2013. That I think was the first time I joined a competition. I remember an extension was given, being 2-3 weeks to create things, but no one cared still from what I remember. I do like it being 5 days to create something, but again, if people actually learn and participate, this will work. I hosted this before on another forum. It went great for 3~ months, but no prizes srsly destroyed it.

GOTW: This is fine. People who dont like making tags would prefer this, but I'm wondering if SOTW will die because of this (not a lot of tag makers atm)

Request: Its fine I guess. Requester(s)? usually just post their own topic and want to see different designs for their request.

Signatures: Should be removed imo or changed to show off everything related to graphic designs (2d, 3d, 4d, etc). Websigns should have its own subforum though.

From my lurking back in the days and when you were active, you were a great designer. Only a great designer is suited for this job.

+1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
+Experience Moderating:
» Dragonica Online Section - 25/03/2012 ~ 25/03/2012
» Talisman Online Section - 30/03/2012 ~ 08/03/13
» Flyff Private Servers Section - 23/04/2012 ~ 08/03/13
» Trantra Online Section - 02/07/2012 ~ 08/03/13
» The Portfolio Section - 05/07/2012 ~ 08/03/13
» [Global Section] Private Servers Section - 03/12/12 ~ 08/03/13
» Entertainment - 29/12/12 ~ 08/03/13

1 more time!!!

+1

Reaction score
You defiantly deserve this role, but what I struggle to see at the moment, why does that section need two other moderators as well. I reckon you could do the whole section on your own maybe? Just by rarely visiting the activity looks dead within it.

dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I like him so much ~ +1 from mate .. he's not just a pro artist but he is very helpful and cheerful guy ~ good luck

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Scratch is such a nice and helpful guy. He is always fulfilling the requests in the request section and they do look great, he is an amazing artist. Also, I believe he will put in a lot of effort into bringing back some of the activity that the section needs.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
100% support him. I reckon he could do great for the section.. you've got my support.

+1

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Carlos has my vote.
This is the guy we need at the portfolio sec.

Hehhe wall of fame is good. ( turning that sec to sig lab type maybe? )

Good luck mate.

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the vouches
black_by_kikish-d6l4f65.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back