Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Moderator Application] RaiderZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
--------------
Information
--------------

Name:

Glenn

Contact Methods:
E-Mail: eilertsenglenn.nor@gmail.com
Discord: Aschefürst#6562

Availability Times:
Monday-Friday:
2.20 AM - 10 PM
Saturday-Sunday: 8-9 AM - 11-12 PM

Section Applying For:
RaiderZ (MMO Zone)

-------------------------
Detailed Information
-------------------------

The Reason I Am Applying:
The main reason why I am applying for this section is to keep supporting people, helping them if they've got any issues with their client, server or possibly
questions about how-to-do stuff. And I have a 1-year long experience with it because many people made servers in RaiderZ back in 2016, and I was a part of most of them, Game Master or Game Support. I was there, due to my long experience with developing in RaiderZ, modifying values, adding etc. All the things I have learned from here, I want to pass on to others so RaiderZ can still be "alive"

And because I love to help people, give them detailed "tutorials" so they can further develop this game, I think it's time for me to apply to be a moderator. I have been here quite a while now, the
first account was 2fast4furious which got banned for having more than 1 account I think, other accounts are like "Ice" "Monster" "Taijutsu and a couple more. But the point is, I have been here a long time and it has helped me grow the addiction, motivation and the most important of all knowledge of the stuff I know today. And I would like to further pass that onto others.

| I am not saying I am the best of the best, no-one can really be that in Private Servers like RaiderZ, there are only people in RaiderZ have more knowledge than others or experience with an issue, developing and coding certain things. If everyone helps each other like informing them how to fix the issue or how to do it, the RaiderZ community can evolve A LOT, but it needs moderation, dedication, people who are their "start guides" technically the people who get them on their feet and make them understand how the client and server works and how to do certain thing(s). Or simply referring them to certain people that have this type of knowledge.
And the rest, they'll most likely experience, or know by themselves due the previous information provided is approx. the same as the new stuff they're trying to do/make/change |

Previous Moderation Experience:
revolutionraiderz.com
- Previous Game Support -> Game Master
raiderzeurope.com - Previous Game Master (closed)
everlastingraiderz.com - Previous Game Master (closed)

(There's really no fancy "story" about me moderating, I held events and merely just helped people when they needed help or sought help, and was quite active)

Previous Forum Experience:
I've been on forums since 2014 then I created accounts in 2015 aThe usernames I have been under since 2015 is, ice, Taijutsu, and Monster. Although in those times I
wasn't really "good" at asking for help, understanding/looking for stuff, helping people directly on the forums
But as the years have passed, I've been a part of this forum for a decent amount of time and have helped and contributed help and resources to people that need it.
Most of my contribution has been done privately either in a server or via pms on skype etc.
But I have moved on to contributing via threads rather than via other messaging applications, and very detailed. As detailed as my brain pictures it

RaGEZONE 'History':
The date on my account says 2016 but I originate from 2014.
I'm quite familiar with this forum, due to 2 years of exploring it, so I have no problem navigating through this forum.

Why Should I Be Hired:
Well, I love helping people, whether it is giving them a tutorial (video, text or demonstrations via pictures) and answering their questions or simply re-uploading a file that has been removed.
Helping is fun for me, due to it makes me feel that I have contributed my knowledge to a person that might be very interested in RaiderZ and is possibly the person that can achieve a lot, just need a bit of a kickstart really.
Despite my age though and where I originate from; I deliver decent grammar in
a lot of sentences, I am helpful, kind, a fairly long experience of the section I am applying for and forum moderation in general and most importantly actively online and responsive. I never get tired of PM's, thread quoting, constant questions to make the questioner understand, or new people that want to start developing that.
I would like to assist the community with moderation, due to I check every thread that enters RaiderZ section, whether it's a help, release or development thread. And if they need help in any way, I help them.

I do not restrict my "typing" or very detailed explanation to one person that I like or that is/looks like a more "superior" or more "important" person than others, or give less help in any way.
If a person wants help.

I deliver help with effort and dedication.
Sounds awfully a lot like Captain America.

What Makes Me Different:
Well, I am the type of guy that wants to help people properly (if they keep questioning about different topics, I will always reply with the best effort I can give) Despite sometimes it can be time-consuming and needs a lot of effort to do, I always want that person to understand or get the answer he wanted. I am probably "the most active" person in the section with a type of knowledge (client and serverside) that can help these days. Most people come to this section and ask for help, 1-2 weeks they might get an answer or the thread will just stay with one reply, and that is the person who asked for help.
I care about the people that ask for help in the RaiderZ and I want more people to "develop" RaiderZ to it's fullest. Despite RaiderZ got a "version" problem, it still has no barricade to how far we can actually go. Since all RaiderZ really needs is a lot of people that can contribute to more knowledge, more client version or help to people that want it.

In Conclusion:
I'm a helpful, active, responsive and kind person with proper manners.
Hopefully, this thread showed you who I am and what I am willing to contribute to this section
and most importantly;
I hope this was enough for you to make a decision.

Thanks for reading and have a great day.
-Aschefurst

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We work together with the Bola files, he knows a lot about raiderz, I think you'll be a good moderator for the raiderz community here. I vouch for you.

Reaction score
I believe I have the section pretty well under control, especially since the section doesn't get a lot of activity. Nowhere near enough to really warrant a second moderator in it. You can of course contribute and add to the section without needing a moderator tag. I looked through the section and other than you answering a few questions, I have not seen any sort of real contributions from you. Your age is also a bit of an issue, but I don't really care much for that.

"The main reason why I am applying for this section is to keep supporting people, helping them if they've got any issues with their client, server or possibly questions about how-to-do stuff."

You don't need to be moderator to do this, you can just simply do it. I'm sorry but I can't vouch for this application.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Indeed you have, and yes I can contribute without a Moderator tag. Most of my "real contributions" has been via. skype chats with RZ teams. All sort of things from making custom mounts, making a ban (@ban "name" "days")custom glows on weapon, make a cutscene, tutorials on how to ex. change and add certain things. If I did post these stuff in Release section, it'd be alot. My age isn't really an issue, depending on how you're looking at it.
I am not " in need " of getting a mod tag. An old friend said it was worth a shot.

Sadly the section is not very active as it used to be back in 2014'2016 as you said, but there is still life in RaiderZ, just that every project or development doesen't get posted on this forum. I wish I could show you examples of the custom mounts I've built, several programs I made in hope of making banning/adding a person, real-time server population, including names, location, stats etc. But HDD and the whole motherboard on my previous laptop got roasted, these developments are going to be redone, just need to finish downloading every resource I had previously on the other laptop.

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
I hardly see any contributions yet the moderation there is quite clean so it's a no from me try to aim for a more higher pace of activity and good luck! If you wish to support the player base of this community just aim for that almighty report button trust me it works. :lol:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I hardly see any contributions yet the moderation there is quite clean so it's a no from me try to aim for a more higher pace of activity and good luck! If you wish to support the player base of this community just aim for that almighty report button trust me it works. :lol:

The reason why I haven't posted any contributions is stated above if you mind taking time and reading it. The moderation there is nice in all it's form indeed since it's not much activity there as it used to be when a release was an international summon for newbies, devs, and MMORPG enthusiasts.

I rarely report people on forums, and you shall pass a certain level for me to make me even think about reporting you. So that advice is something that you should rather pass unto someone else ;)

Considering the response from the 2 people (one RaiderZ mod and the other one a fellow forum member) I agree with CMB' initial message in the reply; one moderator is enough for this section.
If this was posted in 2013-2015 it'd probably be more suitable.

So in shorter words in hopes of not wasting your time reading the text above;
I realize now that 1 moderator is enough for the fellow section,
and I kindly ask for this thread to be closed. Cheers.

Regards
Aschefurst

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Your application is good however to support and help people it doesn't take a moderation position to do so. RaiderZ in my opinion doesn't have much activity as @cmb said and he seems to be doing a good enough job himself.

The best thing to do is gain yourself a reputation as it seems you've come off on a bad path and try again in the future.

Good luck,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In that case you have definitely summed it up for me thank you considering what you said here.

Apart from that the application was nicely formatted tho.

Reporting a user (not like wrong section etc. I mean like violation of the rules, racism, inappropriate language)

Yeah, I tried to make the application look as nice and readable as possible, seems like it worked out.

Your application is good however to support and help people it doesn't take a moderation position to do so. RaiderZ in my opinion doesn't have much activity as @cmb said and he seems to be doing a good enough job himself.

The best thing to do is gain yourself a reputation as it seems you've come off on a bad path and try again in the future.

Good luck,
Thank you, and indeed I can still support/help and release without a mod. tag.

Sadly yes the RaiderZ section hasn't got a lot of activity, and I explained some things in the previous reply.

I will most likely not try again in the future because this was recommended to me, not a dream or a wish. I might apply for other stuff but not Moderator since I clearly do not fit the job as the replies are suggesting.

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't let yourself get shot down just because of these comments as it doesn't mean you don't fit the job or even role itself we are just simply giving our votes or even opinions and it just means you need to become a bit more aware within the community by contributing to a lot more other places and truly good luck and don't let it stop you from applying in future times either.
The best I can say is see all of this as advice or at least most of it I can assure you nothing here is saying don't apply or anything like that as each written out paragraph by the people on here so far have crucial pieces of information to intake.

You never know what could happen anyway I hope everything goes amazing for you!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't let yourself get shot down just because of these comments as it doesn't mean you don't fit the job or even role itself we are just simply giving our votes or even opinions and it just means you need to become a bit more aware within the community by contributing to a lot more other places and truly good luck and don't let it stop you from applying in future times either.
The best I can say is see all of this as advice or at least most of it I can assure you nothing here is saying don't apply or anything like that as each written out paragraph by the people on here so far have crucial pieces of information to intake.

You never know what could happen anyway I hope everything goes amazing for you!

Thanks for the motivation text, but I am not getting shot down by these replies. I take honest replies and votes as a good thing rather than scripted replies or votes so it won't hurt the person that has made the initial thread or opinion about something.

And when I said I do not fit the job, I mean I currently do not fit it. Considering my post numbers, barely known around RaGEZONE etc. My age might be a problem for most people, judging by the age itself and not the person, stuff like that makes me "incapable" of being a moderator (in my visions) But that happens rarely, and I am not saying I am judged that way either.

Indeed, what cmb, JPride and you wrote was advice or technically honest opinions about my application for me due to this is an open thread for discussion. Nothing they said hurt me in any way, just made me think there is much to improve.

right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Aschefurst Thank you for Applying. Post count aside, we always consider the pros and cons of every application. At this time, we are not looking to bring another moderator inside of RaiderZ. cmb does a great job keeping it under control and the section isn't busy enough to warrant a 2nd moderator at this time. However, that's not to say you'll not be considered in the future.

To better prepare yourself for that future, keep showing through your actions on the forum that you're moderator material. If you spy rule breaking, report it. We DO take notice of users who take the time to care about the sections they post in... Also, get posting! Like you said, you don't have a brand built with your current account. Posting, releasing, and helping others is doubly helpful at getting name and post count up. GM experience is a definite plus, so keep that work up! We look forward to seeing you grow in the near future

One thing to note: Staff at RZ aren't just here to help. We're here to keep the forum civilized. There will be times when you can't be nice about something. In wanting to help others... That doesn't require anything other than personal motivation! Green doesn't mean anything in that regard. Green just means that we're here to mediate disputes and to keep the guild halls clean.

Cheers, m8!
~Dan

Reactions: cmb
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
You summed your own application up pretty nicely actually. There is not much more to add.

Basically
  • cmb having the section nicely covered,
  • RaiderZ not being a booming section and
  • your fairly new account with which it's gonna be an issue to get respect in the section
are the main reasons why we don't think it would be a good idea to add you as a moderator for now. Furthermore your application rather explains why you're a good contributor to the section than why you want to be a moderator of it. As pointed out by people above me already, contributing and earning respect in the section would come in handy before trying to become a moderator.

Personally, I don't see your age being an issue. People have proven that that's not the case in the past. Your language level is exceptional for your age and you seem to be able to take criticism in an exemplary manner :) I believe you'd make a good moderator in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back