Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application for Swordsman online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
Personal Information
My name is Adriano Lopes, and I am from Brazil. I am 18 years old and I have 4 years development experience with all Beijing Perfect World Co. Ltd. games

Which section are you applying for?
Swordsman online.

Why me?
I would appriciate an opportunity to be Moderator of a ragezone area I like working with, due to my knowledge and experience under Beijing games.

Why moderator?
The Swordsman area looks forgotten by moderators, and after my guide for Swordsman online, the game will get more attention from Ragezone members and needs active moderation.

Experience
I signed up ragezone in December 2011, when perfect world 1.4.4 had been released. I had some problems with other members because I hate people who do not support open and free development, I expanded my knowledge here on Ragezone and learned more about the english language. My english still is not the best, but I can assist members without a problem.

Infractions or bans?
I recieved a 5 day ban, because I spoke in Portuguese, and offended some members because 1.4.4 got releaseed. I have some infractions about spamming without reason but nothing very important.

For more information you can pm me, I coppied the application style from shorty. If there are any problems, my skype is "adrianolls" and my email is dicodonsg@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
+1, Bola will be a good moderador for Swordsman.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
totally agree. Swordsman online thread must get a moderator, and nobody knows this game yet then Bola. so +1

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
+1 For Bola for Moderator, he totally lifted of the Swordsman Online section with his helpfull release and great tutorial on how to set the server up! Not only on the swordsman section but also on the Perfect World section, he is a + to all the people including myself that are giving these files a shot as he helped alot with knowledge, tutorials and fixes!

He def deserves it!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Swordsman Online does have a moderator. If you didn't know.

really? whos that? :-D

Moderators of this Forum

Jangan,
vLife ,
James

vLife and James are global mods i guess. Jangan posted ONCE in this thread, probably coz of regluar rules. this thread gotta spammed soon when tools came out from developers hands. there is a mod. pro. nobody saw him/her. we need unique mod asap

Last edited:

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
I haven't really seen him there xD we need a active mod that is up to date with the swordsman content

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
+ 1 for Bola

First of all, Moderator that is moderating the forums has to be a Contributor to the forums. How can someone moderate(contribute to) the forums, if this person is not active there. Take an example from Bola, the current moderators have not made any contributions to us (people who are developing and discussing on the forum).

At this point I can say that in Swordsman online sections Bola is equal to 343 on Perfect World section!

343 has contributed and participated in/on Perfect world forums SO much, I learned from him and I think that Swordsman online is the next step as it is just like perfect world made on Angelica Engine. But that is a different story, I am here to talk the need of a moderator that understands what the section is about and actually shows that it is alive.

Anyway this is my thoughts on it. And I personally think that if we have a moderator that actually cares about the section, then the section will be active for several years.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
really? whos that? :-D

Moderators of this Forum

Jangan,
vLife ,
James

vLife and James are global mods i guess. Jangan posted ONCE in this thread, probably coz of regluar rules. this thread gotta spammed soon when tools came out from developers hands. there is a mod. pro. nobody saw him/her. we need unique mod asap
Moderators do not have to post in the section they are moderating. They are after all there to moderate the forum. Jangan is moderating the forum, but you cannot see it. Which means, either he's extremely fast with dealing with posts/threads that violate the rules, or you're not paying a lot of attention to the section overall. Also, you could contact a supervisor/super moderator/MentaL if you suspect a Moderator of being inactive, or not being able to do his "job" properly.

It is not a section with a lot of traffic. One moderator is fine, at this moment.

+ 1 for Bola

First of all, Moderator that is moderating the forums has to be a Contributor to the forums. How can someone moderate(contribute to) the forums, if this person is not active there. Take an example from Bola, the current moderators have not made any contributions to us (people who are developing and discussing on the forum).
Moderating a forum is a form of contribution to the section as well.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
There actually is more trafic on swordsman section then on the perfect world one + a mod that actually knows what the game is about is can't be compared with 3 other mods :) He'll have alot more knowledge which turns into a better section.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Moderators do not have to post in the section they are moderating. They are after all there to moderate the forum. Jangan is moderating the forum, but you cannot see it. Which means, either he's extremely fast with dealing with posts/threads that violate the rules, or you're not paying a lot of attention to the section overall. Also, you could contact a supervisor/super moderator/MentaL if you suspect a Moderator of being inactive, or not being able to do his "job" properly.

It is not a section with a lot of traffic. One moderator is fine, at this moment.

Moderating a forum is a form of contribution to the section as well.

Exactly what I was saying, but this is a moderator application, not a complaint against an inactive moderator.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
There actually is more trafic on swordsman section then on the perfect world one + a mod that actually knows what the game is about is can't be compared with 3 other mods :) He'll have alot more knowledge which turns into a better section.
What can Bola do more than these three moderators you're talking about, if Bola was a moderator?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What can Bola do more than these three moderators you're talking about, if Bola was a moderator?
In my opinion, he would be more active in the forums, therefore he could moderate them more. But those are just my thoughts.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
In my opinion, he would be more active in the forums, therefore he could moderate them more. But those are just my thoughts.
I moderate "my" sections more than three times a day. I barely post in that section. Only when needed. Does that mean I am inactive as well? My section has more traffic than Swordsman Online, so I post a bit more. Unless MentaL or the "super mod+" team thinks otherwise, I do not think that section needs an extra moderator, if Jangan is moderating the forum properly.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Yes but don't you think that a moderator that actually know how the game works and worked with other games too will do better?
As what i see of here means that.. I watch the Perfect world and Swordsman section daily multiple times read alot on there seen alot.

I contributed with advise and searched whole forum to find the answer in another thread that was posted and reposted that on the thread with the question asked.

But it'dd make me possible to be mod too since you just watch the section.. that no rules are broken right?

As said, Moderating is a contribution to the section too so basicly anyone who wants to contibute to the section could possibly be a mod.

Just incase.. Don't find this post offensive its not ment that way

Reaction score
A moderator's presence should be FELT, and if it's not happening for the sections you're in then you are failing your job as a moderator, ijs.. On a side note, I agree, Bola would be a wonderful mod for SM

Reaction score
We don't currently need any moderators for Swordsman Online. The section currently has Jangan, who is doing a great job in my opinion.

The main requirement of a moderator is to keep the section clean of spam, so it's not really needed for them to be super active in the sections that they moderate.

Please don't just assume because you don't see them posting that they aren't doing anything, because that's not true. There are things "behind-the-scenes," so to speak, that you can't see ^^

Anyway, thank you so much for your application, you seem very knowledgeable in that section, and if someday we ever do need a moderator you should totally apply again!

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Infractions or bans?
I recieved a 5 day ban, because I spoke in Portuguese, and offended some members because 1.4.4 got releaseed. I have some infractions about spamming without reason but nothing very important.

I think this, IMO, should make it a no...I'm sure you were not banned for 5 days simply because you spoke a different language than English once. You are downplaying what actually happened I'm sure.

And infractions for spamming, when as a Moderator your job will be to police spam. You obviously do not know what spamming is, or do not care enough about the rules to not do it yourself, either way those are not good traits, IMO, for a Moderator.

I myself may not be active in said section, but these are simply my opinions for the better of the community as a whole. I think if you were selected, in the future, the complaints would go from no active Moderator, to an active Moderator that spams more than the regular members, and breaks more rules himself/herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back