Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application for Tech Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Greetings RZ,

My name is Jonty and I live in New Zealand which is GMT+12. I'm 20 years of age and I spend most of my time coding things for people and troubleshooting issues on my website.

I have never really contributed in the tech zone, but I enjoy moderating and I thought I'd give it a shot and apply here. I've been active for many years in the habbo section, but as I've gotten older I've decided that there's too much drama, and I want to get away from it.

I'm applying for this section because I have a huge interest in technology, and have a fair share of knowledge to share with people on almost all topics related to it.

If I were chosen as a moderator of the TechZone, I would help users with their computer issues, and keep the section up-to-date with technology news and discussions, so that users keep coming back. The TechZone definetely needs a boost in activity.

I have a decent amount of experience with vBulletin, both Administrating and Moderating, so there would be nothing to impair my work if chosen.

I feel as though I'm a good choice for this position, because I have a great deal of experience in handling user issues. My old hotel (zaphotel.net) was very active, we generally got over 1,000 daily users. I had to keep a calm, professional outlook, and help solve player issues daily.

Thanks for your consideration.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You certainly have changed your act over time. Can say you do have tech knowledge and have vB experience. You've matured a lot in the years Jonty, shame so many people hold a grudge on someone for something that happened years ago.

Good luck amigo :thumbup1:

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The following post is strictly my opinion and in no way reflects the opinion of any other user, that is unless they click that Like button...then yes, they too agree.

I have never really contributed in the tech zone,

Read this thread from our great leader:

Clickity clack

I'm applying for this section because I have a huge interest in technology, and have a fair share of knowledge to share with people on almost all topics related to it.

If this is the case....why haven't you? Tech zone has been around for a long time...and in it's lifespan you have made 1 post there.

If I were chosen as a moderator of the TechZone, I would help users with their computer issues, and keep the section up-to-date with technology news and discussions, so that users keep coming back. The TechZone definetely needs a boost in activity.

You don't need to be a moderator to do these things....

Reaction score
Read this thread from our great leader:

Clickity clack

If this is the case....why haven't you? Tech zone has been around for a long time...and in it's lifespan you have made 1 post there.

You don't need to be a moderator to do these things....

I have read that thread. The reason being for never contributing there is because I've never really had a need to.

As for not needing to be a mod to help, indeed. However, this section needs a moderator and I have more than enough knowledge and skill to fill the position. I totally get your drift, though.

Reaction score
Tech zone isn't active enough for a dedicated mod for that section. Don't confuse being a mod with being responsible for section activity. Mods are there to filter out the garbage. If you really wanted to contribute to the section then you would have already been doing so instead of using a moderation position as an excuse to do it.

Your latest and only post in that section is in the speedtest result sticky, over 2 years ago.

You need to be active in the section you're applying for, not using an excuse to become a mod to become active in said section. Go post more, stay around for a month, then maybe you'll be fit to mod the section. You've shown zero interest in the section which makes me think you'll easily loose interested in modding the section. You can't care about filtering content in a section you don't care about enough to post in.

Reaction score
Tech zone isn't active enough for a dedicated mod for that section. Don't confuse being a mod with being responsible for section activity. Mods are there to filter out the garbage. If you really wanted to contribute to the section then you would have already been doing so instead of using a moderation position as an excuse to do it.

Your latest and only post in that section is in the speedtest result sticky, over 2 years ago.

You need to be active in the section you're applying for, not using an excuse to become a mod to become active in said section. Go post more, stay around for a month, then maybe you'll be fit to mod the section. You've shown zero interest in the section which makes me think you'll easily loose interested in modding the section. You can't care about filtering content in a section you don't care about enough to post in.

I respect your opinion on this however I'd like to point out that a lot of sectional moderators don't even post in the sections they're assigned to. I've never had a need to post in the Tech Zone mainly because I read a lot of tech news websites and don't require assistance in technical things. I have a huge amount of experience in both moderation and most things computer-based, which would make me a decent candidate.

I'm not using Moderator to become active in the section. If I had something to do in there, i'd be there, but as of this moment I do not. I'm sorry you see my application as a cry to be a Moderator for whatever section I can get.

As for your last comment, that is totally untrue. When I am given a job to do, I do what is asked of me. Just because I haven't been a dedicated poster there, doesn't mean I can't do a good job. Thanks.

Lastly, thanks again for your comment. I like to see how people see things from their point of view

Reaction score
I have read that thread. The reason being for never contributing there is because I've never really had a need to.

As for not needing to be a mod to help, indeed. However, this section needs a moderator and I have more than enough knowledge and skill to fill the position. I totally get your drift, though.

Oh yea? How do we know? Nobody has a NEED to contribute, you just do. I have literally spent HUNDREDS of hours of my own spare time helping others out over the past few years.

I don't think i need to say anything that hasn't already been said by others. He has all of 1 post in that entire section. That section doesn't need someone to "manage" it, it needs an ACTIVE mod. Empty promises don't mean poop.

Reaction score
I respect your opinion on this however I'd like to point out that a lot of sectional moderators don't even post in the sections they're assigned to. I've never had a need to post in the Tech Zone mainly because I read a lot of tech news websites and don't require assistance in technical things.

Yeah, which is why applications for new mods are required to be active in the section they are applying for. RZ has plenty of mods to filter content. RZ needs mods that are going to actively contribute to sections. A fix has been implemented for this and that fix is being strict with new moderator applications.

I'd like to reiterate:

make sure you contribute to the section you are applying for.

Bottom like is you need to be active in the section. Its a requirement and your opinion doesn't change that. Your inability to read section stickies before posting also implies you are unfit for a moderation position, as this is common forum etiquette. How can you relay important information to users of your section when you aren't aware yourself of how to find important information before posting?

Reaction score
Take it easy on the young lad!

What Ronny and Rish are trying to say is, the TZ and Outerworld are generally the hardest sections to get moderatorship in. In the sense that it does not need a fresh meat member becoming a moderator there to lock/sticky/close things.

What the TZ Section needs is someone from within that section, who knows the members, who knows what he is talking about, who contributes a lot, to become a moderator where he will attract more members and increase activity.

The supervisors can easily handle the section when it comes to posts getting reported. So in all reality, the section needs someone that can make a difference.

Try to listen more to what the community is trying to say, avoid meaningless arguments and work towards your goal.

~ Jangan

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What the TZ Section needs is someone from within that section, who knows the members, who knows what he is talking about, who contributes a lot, to become a moderator where he will attract more members and increase activity.
Like Rish??? We all seen how that went :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
TechZone is not only about software,it has a great deal of hardware related threads.I didn't see you address that in your application.
Sorry mate,it isn't for you.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, which is why applications for new mods are required to be active in the section they are applying for.

Not looking to cause trouble here, but I've seen a few MOD's get picked for a certain section THAT are fresh MOD's (whether they've been mod or not before I dunno) and they haven't been active in that set section. For instance me, I wasn't active in the DayZ section, how ever now I am a bit, but still at the time when I got hired I wasn't really active there, how ever I was picked for the spot as I best filled the requirements.

Sometimes it's not all about activity. I mean not trying to have a go at you for your opinion amigo, just stating that this is how it's gone on for a bit.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's not the lack of activity that's the issue...it's the "I'll only be active there and help people if I'm a mod" attitude....he states he has all this knowledge but withholds it instead of helping and making the community a better place.

I have given loads of my time to helping people in Tech Zone...hell exclamation says he is going to put Rish and my names on his new computer because we helped him so much...I don't do it for notoriety or to advance any position..I do it because I love technology and I love to help this community in any way I can....

And please...don't ever feel you cannot express your opinion...I value others opinions...simply because I am human..I sometime might not have considered an angle...a fresh look is sometimes all that's needed to put things in the proper perspective.

Reaction score
It's not the lack of activity that's the issue...it's the "I'll only be active there and help people if I'm a mod" attitude....he states he has all this knowledge but withholds it instead of helping and making the community a better place.

I have given loads of my time to helping people in Tech Zone...hell exclamation says he is going to put Rish and my names on his new computer because we helped him so much...I don't do it for notoriety or to advance any position..I do it because I love technology and I love to help this community in any way I can....

And please...don't ever feel you cannot express your opinion...I value others opinions...simply because I am human..I sometime might not have considered an angle...a fresh look is sometimes all that's needed to put things in the proper perspective.

Please don't take my Application in the wrong way. I am not looking for notoriety or fame, or to advance my position anywhere by becoming Moderator. I simply want to help as RZ has been my internet home for a long time as the same with a lot of you, so giving back feels like a good thing to do. I have the skills to do it, and I would do the job well if given the chance.

Thanks

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
or to advance my position anywhere by becoming Moderator.

This is the problem...becoming a mod is advancing your position in the community....so your pretty much saying "I'll be active there and share my knowledge as long as you make me a mod....without a mod title I'll continue to ignore the section as I have done in the past."

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I reckon Jonteh/Jonty could do well in the section because I know of his knowledge in the area of technology. I can also understand where Monolith and Ron in terms of that 'The Outerworld' is incredibly hard to get into and it's even harder when you haven't contributed as of yet.. Would I would do, is to post in there for a few months, gain a positive rep with other users and then re-apply!

Never the less, good luck sir. (Nor a vouch or a hate comment)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back