Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application for The War Z / Infestation MMO Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Little bit about me.
My name is Risto and i'm 28 years old. I live in Estonia. Working as a IT Systems Developer Manager in a international company. I'm new to this forum and I joined because i really loved the game Infestation and finally i saw the source out. I did try to help out as much as possible by creating the most detailed and clean tutorial out there :)

Reason for applying for moderator:
Well I'm not 100% sure if i could handle the load. What I am sure is that i like to help people and i like when things are clean and tidy. I have spent number of hours trying to add extra support to my thread and some other threads. On the way there were some rude people asking questions in the wrong place. It really was annoying and will later confuse people when they search for a solution to their problem. People do not understand how search modules work. So as a moderator i would like to keep the area clean and think about the future people coming here to find answers.

I hope you consider me.

Thank you.

Reactions: DNC
Reaction score
You're failing requirements already, unsaid requirements are that you need to be member of the forums for over 1 year and have over 100 posts overall. Also, as soon as you stated why you wanted to be moderator, you immediately say you are not sure if you could handle the load... That's a instant off put for you being moderator.

Not that I know the section well at all, just from your application, I would not say you would be good at all, sorry,

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Lewis

I was trying to be as honest as possible on my application that is all. Thank you for your opinion.

PS. Sometimes less than 100 posts have helped more people than over 300 short comments telling nothing.

Reaction score
What he lacks in time on the forum and in post count. He has more than made up for in the section via Tutorials and assistance to others.
Which is why I asked him to apply for Moderator position.
Not many have the insight to the code and understand how to set it up, while still being able to post the steps required to get up and running, and then follow through with help.
He's done a remarkable job in the section and why I've stickied his work.

Harro
Reaction score
Im not flaming if i was i would have said more and i wouldn't have said "Good luck with your application", If he can become an moderator great to be it doesn't really matter who becomes one as long as they are decent, i was simply correcting you and remember you started it, now this is done.

But yeah once again OP good luck keep up the good work.

Last edited:
f793
Reaction score
No vouch for me. I've been to WarZ section since I've joined and I don't remember any kind of guy called "ztimer" there. DNC has brought you up in the last chat and I was like who is this guy? Sorry but community votes no.

Reaction score
What he lacks in time on the forum and in post count. He has more than made up for in the section via Tutorials and assistance to others.
Which is why I asked him to apply for Moderator position.
Not many have the insight to the code and understand how to set it up, while still being able to post the steps required to get up and running, and then follow through with help.
He's done a remarkable job in the section and why I've stickied his work.

Just because a user posted one tutorial and some replies does not mean they are potentially ready to be a moderator of the section, as with the low post count and recent join date. Nobody knows how long he may stay for, he could potentially quit the forums next month, by being a recent member it doesn't show that he is dedicated just yet.

f793
Reaction score
Just because a user posted one tutorial and some replies does not mean they are potentially ready to be a moderator of the section, as with the low post count and recent join date. Nobody knows how long he may stay for, he could potentially quit the forums next month, by being a recent member it doesn't show that he is dedicated just yet.
That's what I'm saying - I've never seen this guy been active in our section. DNC it looks like he is some kind of your friend I really assume right now.

Reaction score
zh1nt0 you havent even been back 2 weeks. don't start.
Enough. I'm not stepping down all Moderator Applications are useless at this point and not another off topic word or i'll report the posts myself.
Capiche?

This is getting well beyond stupid!

I didn't ask him because he was a friend. As I just PM'd you.
I asked him because after you all bailed, he was the first one to put a lot of heart into the section in a long time.
I think I'll post it here so it can be read and this stupidity drop.
No more off topic about favoritism and garbage. Its all junk.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This section is ridiculous...it's almost like a soap opera over there...

My opinion...put a Supervisor in charge of it for one month....whichever member that contributes the most and has more VALID reports in that month will be considered...this will be someone who obviously cares for the section...

These applications where everyone bickers and DNC acts like he "Gods gift" to RZ just isn't working.

Reaction score
Not God's gift at all.
I've only been keeping a bunch of children in line.
Nothing God-like about that.
When you know the facts, then drag me down with whatever comments you like.
In the meantime you only see 4 posts between 2 threads and assume a lot.

Reaction score
This section is ridiculous...it's almost like a soap opera over there...

My opinion...put a Supervisor in charge of it for one month....whichever member that contributes the most and has more VALID reports in that month will be considered...this will be someone who obviously cares for the section...

These applications where everyone bickers and DNC acts like he "Gods gift" to RZ just isn't working.

Putting a supervisor in charge of a section wont change anything... People will act the same with or without them actively looking in a section. supervisor roles are actually to supervise the moderator actions, and to support the moderators if they are going 'out-of-town'.

From what I have seen DNC has done a wonderful job of keeping the section in shape and to a good standard. It would take a lot to fill his boots but as I have said, new people deserve the chance as older members as well.

Reaction score
I agree with this, especially someone coming in and getting a chance.
But I do not deserve to be slammed for the grief I've dealt with.
Its a tough section. They're all very opinionated. I do my level best to be fair, but this slamming is just uncalled for.
I already requested a second be added.
1 it would give them time to get up to speed and 2 when the time comes I could step down knowing someone was capable of running the section with confidence they wont get the reaming I get on a regular.
Just another day. ;0)

f793
Reaction score
0i5QPLk.png

This is ridiculous, I have no idea what to deal with this. It was only my conclusion that ztimer was your friend, since I've been at the section 2013 and never seen him active and all you've done was put finger at him saying that he is a good guy.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@zh1nt0

I have kept quiet cause i don't like to get post count raised out bashing others like I clearly see here. I suppose most of the over 1000 and so on have gained their count doing this and its been rubbed in the face if you have less.

Like i wrote before. "Sometimes less than 100 posts have helped more people than over 300 short comments telling nothing."

I want to clear up something.!!! DNC IS NOT my friend nor do i have him on my skype. I just have up most respected to the work and effort he had given regarding the Infestation MMO Community Edition and wanted to keep people off his back so i helped out as much as I could. I have no friend relations with him.

What i dont get is:
I don't think moderator position is so much of a big deal to get so hyped up at. I think there are a lot of jealous people just letting off steam here.
All the facts that I am new are correct.

That one big contribution to the section has been a big help and i have been here every day to help out the people that haven't got it to work. The post has got 6163 hits in just 4 weeks so lets just think about all those people not having the post to help them out.
Another thing is that most of the helpers beg for likes and promote me and so on. I have helped people not for fame or glory and i have not begged for likes. I am sure you have in the past. Either to get a rank so you could come here and bash others.

f793
Reaction score
Well, see you in June 2015. Until then no from RZ. Rules are rules. Wanted to be Mod back in 2013, same reason "mate". :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back