Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - WarRock Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Name: Wessel V.
Fluent Languages: Dutch, English
Email Address: nlnorthsider@gmail.com

Section I am applying for
I want to apply for the [STRIKE]MMORPG / Team Recruitment[/STRIKE] WarRock (sub-)sections.

Why do I think that section needs a moderator?
[STRIKE]To start off with, there don't seem to be much people interested in moderating the section, as there currently are no MODs (excluding supervisors) who are moderating it, and there aren't much applications for it. However, it still is a very active section which surely does need moderation. Looking back at old threads, there are a lot of dead links and people breaking the rules without the comments being deleted/warned. Also reports take up over more then 24 hours (sometimes even up to more than 48 hours) before they actually get handled, however in active threads this can already lead up to multiple pages of off-topic comments/spam.[/STRIKE]
The WarRock section is a recently added section, with no special rules suited for the section itself. Though it is a new section, it already is a active section with multiple rule breakers. If there is a dedicated moderator for this section, it will be a clean and nice section, working together instead of flaming on eachother. Currently it still has no moderator (excluding Supervision), but in my opinion also this section needs a moderator.

My (Moderator) experience
However my experience with moderation tools lies in XenForo, I do have general Moderation experience. This varies from setting up small forums for gaming server communties, to moderating the biggest section (a 3-man job I did on my own) on a semi-big forum, where the Super Moderation showed me my weak points to work on. Also at my current job, I operate at a support department, handling support tickets / emails / phone calls.

What would I do as a moderator?
Thanks to my previous moderation tasks and my current job, I am used to deal with different age groups, as they all have a different kind of handling with a situation. Even with the most anoying users(/customers), I can stay calm if needed. As a moderator I am very strict - a rule is a rule, no exceptions. Most of the time people will not like this, and will complain. If this happens, I will first try to explain it to him, and if this doesn't help, I will forward it to a Supervisor/Super Moderator. If it turns out I was wrong - I will change it in my way of moderation for the next time. If situations would get out of hand, I will delete the related comments and post a comment with a warning to prevent any further escalations.

Activity
I can assure that I will be active, and moderate on regular bases in my sections every day. If I see a report popping up, I will handle it straight away. Currently I did about 100 reports in the past couple of days in that section.

What will I do if I become a moderator of the section
[STRIKE]I will start cleaning up the section, revise the current section rules again, and make sure the people can post releases without being flamed on directly. [/STRIKE]
To start off with I would make a nice set of Section Rules to guide the section in the good lines. Encouraging developments and preventing flamers. As it is a fresh, new section, I will be actively moderating and keeping track of the section multiple times daily, so comments against the rules will be handled very quickly.

Contributions:
Whilest I'm not a C/Java developer, I can't really contribute with new releases etc. Some of my posts in this section:
- [Website] WarRock Clone (Coded) - Page 3 - RaGEZONE forums
- http://forum.ragezone.com/f829/website-change-password-work-950400/#post7732732
- WarRock Editors (Item.bin And Level Calculator) - RaGEZONE forums
- Warrock Server Files + DB + Client 100% Works + Source - Page 27 - RaGEZONE forums

Weak Point(s)
The following is copied from Wreckless, as it describes it exactly the same for me.
"My only real weak point is that I get a temper once in a while, but I've never gotten to a point where I'm unable to control myself and I usually only get angry if someone starts getting personal. If I ever get to that point I usually just back out and calm down. You can't win 'em all, you know?"

If there is anything I missed out on, please tell me and I will gladly add it to my application.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Moderator Application - MMORPG Extra/Team Recruitment

I would like to vouch for Wess, I have previously worked with him over on DB, he was a Section Moderator of the Habbo Section (I am a Smod).
On a daily basis he kept the section clean, handled reports extremely quickly and handled them correctly 99% of the time (the other 1% was his first few days when he was still learning the ropes).
He is extremely active and will remain dedicated to his section.

If you need someone who is quick to respond and/or keep the place clean, this is your guy.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Wessel has always been a good friend of mine for more than a year now. He's very trustworthy and he is good at what he decides to do. I wish the best for Wess. :):

dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Sure , why not ? I can see he got potential to be a moderator .. Just be cool man , control your temper and good luck bro ! I vouch for this guy , this guy is Awesome !

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Hmm, I'm not sure if the section needs a moderator or not but you are active, application is decent and you report posts all the time. You seem like a level-headed person judging by most of your posts... The only issue I can think of is you've had a few temper moments, but who wasn't right? Just as long as you can put that behind you and never put it in front again I think you would do alright as a moderator.

Reaction score

Hmm, I'm not sure if the section needs a moderator or not but you are active, application is decent and you report posts all the time. You seem like a level-headed person judging by most of your posts... The only issue I can think of is you've had a few temper moments, but who wasn't right? Just as long as you can put that behind you and never put it in front again I think you would do alright as a moderator.

The section is very active, and it seems like it isn't being moderated at all. My reports most of the time take up to more then 24 hours before they get handled, and now some already even are taking 4 days. So yeah, I'd say its needed.

And on RaGEZONE I don't think I had any temper moments before, mainly because the community is much more mature. And I am very capable of controlling my temper. Also thats mainly something of the past, and in my own eyes I have greatly improved on that.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Althought I and Wess do not always see eye to eye, he's a decent and well respected member throughout his peer group as well as other forums. He's a level headed guy, and knows what he talks about. He's done a lot of coding work for me over the past few months, and I trusted him with one of my most important servers - Very trusted indeed!

He was Moderator on another forum (as he stated) which he carried out fantastically! He managed section(s) quickly and efficiently and I think he would be perfect here at RaGEZONE.

Big vouch from me.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Well this application blew up unexpected... like 30 minutes ago there was 1 reply.

You are mature for your age and will be a good mod imo. Everyone has some little anger issues, so it isn't that big of a problem if you can keep it in.

Good luck.

Reaction score

Thanks everyone for the support, appriciated. And I can assure there won't be (any) anger issues on the forum.

Orang Asli - Semai - 华人
Loyal Member
Reaction score

i like this part
** Why do I think that section needs a moderator? **
**What will I do if I become a moderator of the section**

support ! support ! support !

and you need to repair your weak point XD

Reaction score
After a small talk with Junkers and he told me its planned for MODs who have been MOD on RZ for a while already, I decided to switch to the Warrock Section as it currently also needs moderation, and I am very familiar with the game itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back