Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - Warrock Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Username: ๖̶̶̶ۣۜDetox
Email: magnus_morits@hotmail.com
Languages:
Fluent: Norwegian, English​
Read/Partly write: Swedish, Danish & Spanish​

Section you are applying for?
I'm applying for the Warrock section, recently added to the MMO/MMORPG Development category.
Warrock - MMO and MMORPG Developments - RaGEZONE forums

Experience regarding the Warrock section?
Warrock is definitely a new game for me, alike a lot of others that have recently joined the section. Nonetheless, I've played shooter games before and I've already managed to get to know the game, source and files. Although Warrock is a emulator programmed in C#, I've still managed to adept as I've been using c++ for flyff development the past 4-5 years.

My contribution to the Warrock section:
As previously mentioned this is a new section, and I haven't got the chance to release anything as of this date. I've already started on a video based tutorial on how to set up Warrock, and I plan to do more in the future. The only example of my contribution I can provide today is my posts, which I think have guided some people towards the right direction and perhaps even solved their problems. I'll post a few links below, but you can find more of my posts on my profile or simply browsing the Warrock section.
( Aside from my Warrock posts, I also have a thousand posts in the Flyff section, a lot of them answering questions to different help threads. )

Why should I be a moderator of the Warrock section?
First of all I think I have a lot to contribute with. I believe I have the knowledge to help and answer future questions regarding the Warrock game, and perhaps even contribute to further development. I'll be able to assist people and provide them clear answer to whatever question they may have, and I'm willing to help out to the best of my abilities. I'm a human-being, I won't always have the answer. But I'm more than willing to try. I also think I could be a potential Warrock moderator due to the fact that I've been involved with game development the past 5 years. I also believe I have the professional standard to become a RaGEZONE moderator. Another reason why I should be a moderator of the Warrock section is because I'm extremely active. This is a new section and potentially growing the next few months. It's therefore important to have a active moderator, that can quickly become available when needed. Most importantly, I think I would be able to enforce the rules and maintain a clean and fun environment at the Warrock section.

Do you have any experience being a moderator?
I've never been solely a moderator for a forum, no. What I do have, is the experience of managing a whole community. Throughout my stay in the game development scene I've hosted several ( some successful ) flyff servers, and obviously have had to deal with the same ( and definitely more ) pressure as you have whilst being a moderator. I've worked with vBulletin before and several other forum boards. I also know the importance of rules, which is a good quality when becoming a moderator. I know how to react to certain situations where things go out of line, and I know how important it is to act calm and remain the professional attitude when things like that occur. In other terms, I have the experience and knowledge needed to become a moderator, even without being solely a moderator.

What brought you to RaGEZONE?
I joined RaGEZONE in 2009 because I became interested in game development, especially game development related to creating flyff private servers. Since then I've actively posted on this forum and gained a lot of knowledge. I started out like a lot of others, as a idiot begging for answers. Throughout my stay I've learned from those who knew better, and in the latest years I've been able to help on the same platform as they did. One of the things I've taken with me is that it's important and vital to try yourself, before you start asking for help. As a moderator I won't always given them the exact correct answer. ( Also referred to as spoon-feeding ). But I'm willing to point them in the right directions, and explain certain things to them. Cause as you enter this game development scene, putting in an effort is in fact the key to success. At my stay at RaGEZONE I've also tried developing other games than just Flyff and Warrock, I've also hosted a Runescape server and Habbo Hotel server.

What can you do as a moderator?
I'll be completely honest, I'm not some miracle that'll solve every problem in this section with the touch of my finger. Nor do I believe that's what you're looking for. I'll be able to assist people, contributing to spread knowledge across the section. I'll be cleaning the section to avoid spam, flame-wars, necro-posting and anything that goes against the forum rules and terms of agreement. I'll be setting up rules and guidelines that will contribute to more awareness, as well as a fun environment. Most importantly I'll be a person to enforce the rules of this forum, making sure people stick to them. And lastly I'll be a person that's available when needed, for people to complain to and for people to ask questions to.

Activity.
As previously mentioned I'm extremely active, both in the Warrock section and the Flyff section. I spend several hours on RaGEZONE everyday, and at times I'm barely able to put it away. It's kind of a obvious sign that you spend a lot of time on a forum, when you keep refreshing to wait for new content. ( In the two sections I've mentioned. There's always new content at RaGEZONE, you'd have to be a robot, MentaL or mental to get all of it. ) I contribute to reports daily, I suppose the moderators can check that. I'm also a very active poster, which is important so the community/section knows you're contributing and is available.

Positive and negative sides.
Being a human like the rest of you comes with both positive and negative sides. Nobody here is perfect, and never will be. Therefore it's important pointing them out, improving on where things lack and embrace and enforce the positive. So I'll give you some keywords on both negative and postive sides.

Negative:
First of all I have limited c++ and c# knowledge, and therefore I won't be able to contribute with advanced systems just yet. ( I'm taking classes the upcoming 2 years at my school ). I also have a couple of infractions that have been expired. ( Some fairly given, some unfairly given.In my opinion nonetheless. ) People also tend to think I'm rude, because I'm very straight forward and not a huge fan of emoticons. ( In work situations anyhow. )

Positive:
I'm very mature and I also consider myself professional in working-situations. I've always been a business guy, where I've hosted several networks and managed and administrated communities. Although I have that side, I also consider myself humble and I'm very easy to get along with.​

Additional Information
I thought I might as well add some information about myself, for those who don't know me very well. I'm 17 years old, comes and lives in Norway. I'm very passionate in what I do, and I usually put all my effort into the things I want. I'm currently 2 years from going to a university, and I plan on studying medicine once I'm done. Although I feel that if I should fail studying medicine, at least I can study game development or attempt to become a computer engineer. I also love sport, especially handball, snowboarding and tennis. Well that's me.

Bottom line
Thank you for reading my application, if you find any fields of improvement I'd love to hear it in a reply below.

Best regards,
Detox :rolleyes: ( I can use smilies! )

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Detox has really helped out allot I think he deserves it :thumbup:

Rogu3
Reaction score
Detox seems to be polite and friendly. His contributions aren't plentiful, but he seems to know what he's talking about when it comes to the section. My only suggestion is to contribute some more and once you do, link those contributions to this application.

Vouch.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it! :)

@Wreckless, as previously mentioned it's a new section so I haven't been able to contribute that much all yet. I plan to in the future, however. Thanks for the feedback!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well.. A good application.

+1 :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I always vouch for Detox, I know him from flyff scene and it very helpfull and honestly person. Simple this position is deserved for him.

Old friend,
K**s

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I like your application , it's very meaningful and i see your active on Warrock Section and have been helping out ppl in there.

+1 for you :D: Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back