Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator Application - World of Kung Fu Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Information about myself :

My real name is Vishnu , full name Deva Vishnu.
My age is 18
I'm from Malaysia, (UTC+08:00)

My hobbies:
Playing Video games
Playing basketball

My story :

Let me explain on how I ended up here. It all started when I was 11 , which was during the year of 2008 around the month of April. I still remember because up until then life was just Miniclip for me. I knew nothing else about games besides Pokemon. So I was tired of trying to find a free "membership hack generator" for Club Penguin , no matter what I did I kept ending up to the same situation where I would find myself with a "promising" working generator , with a survey to the download link. I was annoyed. So I decided to google up some other games. At the time , I had no idea of game categories so I would google something like " A game where I can walk around" and came across games like ShadowBane , Second Life and World of Warcraft. I used to play Frozen Throne for about a month and a half until I got tired of it .. mainly because I never understood the game. My neighbors and friends would enjoy "owning" me. So I quit World of Warcraft and went back to miniclip. However that time , I came across an advertisement about Habbo. I saw character talking and moving around and it got my attention. Since it was so much like Club Penguin but a less of a dumb version , I joined Habbo.

You can say that it was the starting point for me. So I spent roughly around 2 years playing Habbo , and shooter games such as Sudden Attack and Blackshot , mostly blackshot until I became a Major black , almost to a Leutenant Colonel until I sold the account. Why? To buy Habbo Credits. That's why. During the time of playing Habbo I became majorly addicted , you could say. After coming back from school , or after waking up , I would be on the PC just playing Habbo. That time I used to play Habbo SG. I used to see so many rooms with [HQ] PAYS DAILY! and I used to "work" and get some credits until I had the thought on why not I start a HQ myself. I wanted to be the boss. Childish , isn't it? But I did.

It went well , I had roughly around 30 people working in my HQ , but as time kept passing by , I was running out of credits , I couldn't pay. So I searched for hacks. I didn't know online based games couldn't be hacked , so I fell for the scam. There was this guy on Habbo , who whispered to me that he can help me generate 5000 habbo credits , and all he needed was my password. I , being the idiot I was , gave it to him. After about two hours , I hoped to see the credits , but when I got on my homepage , my credits , from 400 was now 0. Lesson learned people. Don't give out your password. I swore to never play Habbo again.

Months later, I found myself on Habbo again. This time was because of my classmates who started playing Habbo. They played .. until one of them who also had a HQ got scammed. I never used a single cent on the game while playing. You could say I was in phobia. One day , my classmate who got scammed told me that he found a game exactly like Habbo but with free credits. I didn't believe him , of course. Then during recess he took me to the ICT lab and opened a hotel called Rage Hotel. 1,000,000 credits! I was like %#$%#@%$& ! Was this real? He opened the client and it was exactly like Habbo. I was astounded. So I went back home ... late during that day. My teacher caught us playing Rage Hotel that day , so I had to stay back and face the consequences. Apparently it was not allowed to play games in the ICT lab.. I wonder why.

After a nice lecture from my dad , I was on the PC again. This was was where my world of Habbo Retros started. I was so addicted to it , I ventured the world of Habbo Retros and started making my own. I spent months learning how to . I first made my own working Habbo Retro using Uber EMU and Uber CMS on localhost . It worked! I was thrilled. So , thus began my Habbo Retro developing life . I started to know about Phoenix EMU and sojobo's forum. I spent my time on that forum till the end of Phoenix. Learned all I neede to know about Habbo Retros that it came to a point where I had the knowledge to help other users. So when Phoenix ended , sojobo's forum lacked users from Habbo , I had no more reason to be there , so I searched on google for other forums and came to know about RageZone.

I knew about RageZone before that , but never dared to join because I wasn't ready , I was afraid that I wouldn't be accepted since I would be new and I knew nothing about how the forum worked. So when RageZone came up on my google search , I registered , but never posted anything but only looked around, I just didn't dare until one day I felt like the need to post, so I did. It was around 2012 at the time.

This is how I am here now. My account is all about Habbo Retros..

If my account is about Habbo Retros then why am I applying World of Kung Fu?

I was on youtube. I was going through some walkthrough of MMOPRG games and I came across World Of Kung Fu. I liked the way of the game. Maybe because I'm fond of fantasy and medieval stories. So I wondered if RageZone had a section for this game and it did. However when I went through the section , I was beyond sad that it seemed to be so isolated. Last activity from the section was 4 weeks ago. So I decided , to make a start up. To boost back the section. Overall , I just want to do something new for a change after years of just dwelling in about Habbo Retros.

Have I ever been inactive?

Yes. I have. Last year from month of May , till this year February. I have a good reason to it. In Malaysia , every 17 year old who is studying in a Government School is to take an exam called SPM ( Malaysian Education Certificate ) So I had to make myself inactive , just to study and it went quite well , I managed to score a total of 6 A's and 3 B's . Right now I'm pursuing my studies in a college called Segi College. I would have joined back in the month of Novermber last year , but I couldn't because after the exam , I was selected to join the National Service in my country. 3 months of no computer and handphone. Just a m16 rifle and stinky army uniform.
:closedeyes:

Do I have the time now? Can I dedicate enough time?

I'm staying in my college hostel. My classes are 5 times a week. 4 hours a day.I can stay online RageZone 10-15 hours a day , more during weekends. I'm sure I have much the time needed to be dedicated. Even during exam period. Especially when I'm fond of this game. I give my word.

Have I made any contributions to the section I'm applying for?

I'm going to be completely honest. I don't think so. From my personal release , no I haven't. So Far what I have done is just make an archive thread

https://forum.ragezone.com/f467/archieve-world-kung-fu-releases-1071132/

And just let the remaining people know where they could continue playing this game

https://forum.ragezone.com/f467/world-kung-fu-3d-chinese-1071121/

I don't consider them to be contributions from my side of view and if you agree with me , I understand why. However , I will try my best to provide anything that is possible to be contributed , in order to revive the section.

Any previous experience?

Honestly, I've not been a moderator on any other forum. However I have made my own forum on localhost using Xenforo. You could say I have a basic understanding. I am willing to learn.

Do I have infractions?
Yes I have two expired infractions

bzPqkke.png

Lastly ,

What negative feedback I see from myself?

What I can see is that , I don't have much experience with World Of Kung Fu. All I understand is that World Of Kung Fu is ran by a private server and that it's an MMPORG game. It's a fast paced game set in an alternate version of medieval China. Also the fact that the game is dying , unfortunately.

What will I do to improve myself?

Take my story about Habbo Retros into consideration. I wouldn't be able to help users if I didn't take the liberty to learn. Therefore I will apply the same concept with WOKF. I will dedicate my time to learn about the game and be able to help users. I will try to grab the basic understanding about the game and how it works.

With that , I end my application. I hope you would take the courtesy to read through my application :) I'm prepared for any feedback you have to give , do point out my weakness that you see in me, as I can see mine in myself.Still , I chose to roll the dice and take the chance. What comes next , is up to your choice. With best regards,

Thank you :blush:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed reading your application, I won't lie. The only criticism I would have (but this may be completely wrong) is that the section doesn't seem like your forte and you've only posted a few times.. Maybe wait a few weeks before applying to make sure you fully understand this game along with the facts you may need to know before Moderating?

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. (It also works in your favour they're looking for a Moderator)

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed reading your application, I won't lie. The only criticism I would have (but this may be completely wrong) is that the section doesn't seem like your forte and you've only posted a few times.. Maybe wait a few weeks before applying to make sure you fully understand this game along with the facts you may need to know before Moderating?

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. (It also works in your favour they're looking for a Moderator)

It isn't wrong at all bro , haha. You could say that I've just dwelled into this world :) I'm taking your advice into consideration , thanks for your feedback :thumbup1:

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I always liked Vaulient. He has had helped me a few times sorting a few things out in Habbo SWF. I've talked loads of times with him on skype/fb, and always seemed a decent person for me, and responsible. And I loved his app aswell.

I vouch yes for Vaulient!

Much love brother <3 Thank you :)

Yes for Vaulient!:love:
Thank you , Sir Jamal :D
Aye Application looks nice, from a quick read i will vouch :)
Haha , it was an hour trying to piece my story together :p Thank you ^^
:love: Oh I love a good story. Your application is solid and you seem like a hard working individual.

Vouch.

I'm am glad to have your trust , Shoelace. Thank you :)

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Update :

I've noticed World Of Kung Fu to be really inactive , however I'm keeping it as active as possible.

I am trying to spread the word about the section of World Of Kung Fu in other places ( Note : No where near any rival forums. I keep this private. )

ifuqtF1.png

So far I already understand how the game works , and I have the basic understanding of this game already. I will keep this thread updated , however not constantly as it may be considered to be as spam.

Thank you :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Damn scammers, reminds me of smth...

Anyw. nice application! Vouch from me :thumbup1:

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Damn scammers, reminds me of smth...

Anyw. nice application! Vouch from me :thumbup1:
Thank you , FutureAR :)

And yes , it musn't have been good eyh .. I know that feeling bro. Lesson learned.

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes for Vaulient!

He is really a very very nice guy! :)

+1 for Vaulient, great guy and I think he'll fit the role nicely while he learns WOKF, :).

Thanks guys :) I appreciate your support . Much love <3

Update :

Today , I browsed through WOKF and I must say , I noticed the number of guests visiting the section has increased from 1 (which I noticed yesterday and that 1 guy was me) to 15 (guests though), today! Probably it's because of that facebook group, which i posted a new status today for them to check out the section.

However so , I still notice lack of activity in the section. I'm also having doubts if the section even needs a moderator anymore but have noticed a thread made by Detox saying a moderator is needed which ended with ChewBecca leaving a comment saying they were still hiring a moderator.

If the section is really inactive , I would still volunteer to be a mod in a different section . I don't plan on limiting myself to WOKF only when I have so much time on my hands :) I will do my best to help out. :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys :) I appreciate your support . Much love <3

Update :

Today , I browsed through WOKF and I must say , I noticed the number of guests visiting the section has increased from 1 (which I noticed yesterday and that 1 guy was me) to 15 (guests though), today! Probably it's because of that facebook group, which i posted a new status today for them to check out the section.

However so , I still notice lack of activity in the section. I'm also having doubts if the section even needs a moderator anymore but have noticed a thread made by Detox saying a moderator is needed which ended with ChewBecca leaving a comment saying they were still hiring a moderator.

If the section is really inactive , I would still volunteer to be a mod in a different section . I don't plan on limiting myself to WOKF only when I have so much time on my hands :) I will do my best to help out. :)

if the section didn't need a mod, then there wouldn't be an advert for a mod for the section...

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if the section didn't need a mod, then there wouldn't be an advert for a mod for the section...
I'm sorry , you misunderstood me , I mean to say it was a doubt that I was having because the comment was 3 months ago and no update since then . I didn't mean to say the section doesn't need a moderator . I am still applying for it :)

with regards , thank you.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sorry , you misunderstood me , I mean to say it was a doubt that I was having because the comment was 3 months ago and no update since then . I didn't mean to say the section doesn't need a moderator . I am still applying for it :)

with regards , thank you.

If there is a thread there, no matter if it gets bumped or not it still holds the same value :):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back