• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

Moderator Application - World of Kung Fu Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Information about myself :

My real name is Vishnu , full name Deva Vishnu.
My age is 18
I'm from Malaysia, (UTC+08:00)

My hobbies:
Playing Video games
Playing basketball

My story :

Let me explain on how I ended up here. It all started when I was 11 , which was during the year of 2008 around the month of April. I still remember because up until then life was just Miniclip for me. I knew nothing else about games besides Pokemon. So I was tired of trying to find a free "membership hack generator" for Club Penguin , no matter what I did I kept ending up to the same situation where I would find myself with a "promising" working generator , with a survey to the download link. I was annoyed. So I decided to google up some other games. At the time , I had no idea of game categories so I would google something like " A game where I can walk around" and came across games like ShadowBane , Second Life and World of Warcraft. I used to play Frozen Throne for about a month and a half until I got tired of it .. mainly because I never understood the game. My neighbors and friends would enjoy "owning" me. So I quit World of Warcraft and went back to miniclip. However that time , I came across an advertisement about Habbo. I saw character talking and moving around and it got my attention. Since it was so much like Club Penguin but a less of a dumb version , I joined Habbo.

You can say that it was the starting point for me. So I spent roughly around 2 years playing Habbo , and shooter games such as Sudden Attack and Blackshot , mostly blackshot until I became a Major black , almost to a Leutenant Colonel until I sold the account. Why? To buy Habbo Credits. That's why. During the time of playing Habbo I became majorly addicted , you could say. After coming back from school , or after waking up , I would be on the PC just playing Habbo. That time I used to play Habbo SG. I used to see so many rooms with [HQ] PAYS DAILY! and I used to "work" and get some credits until I had the thought on why not I start a HQ myself. I wanted to be the boss. Childish , isn't it? But I did.

It went well , I had roughly around 30 people working in my HQ , but as time kept passing by , I was running out of credits , I couldn't pay. So I searched for hacks. I didn't know online based games couldn't be hacked , so I fell for the scam. There was this guy on Habbo , who whispered to me that he can help me generate 5000 habbo credits , and all he needed was my password. I , being the idiot I was , gave it to him. After about two hours , I hoped to see the credits , but when I got on my homepage , my credits , from 400 was now 0. Lesson learned people. Don't give out your password. I swore to never play Habbo again.

Months later, I found myself on Habbo again. This time was because of my classmates who started playing Habbo. They played .. until one of them who also had a HQ got scammed. I never used a single cent on the game while playing. You could say I was in phobia. One day , my classmate who got scammed told me that he found a game exactly like Habbo but with free credits. I didn't believe him , of course. Then during recess he took me to the ICT lab and opened a hotel called Rage Hotel. 1,000,000 credits! I was like %#$%#@%$& ! Was this real? He opened the client and it was exactly like Habbo. I was astounded. So I went back home ... late during that day. My teacher caught us playing Rage Hotel that day , so I had to stay back and face the consequences. Apparently it was not allowed to play games in the ICT lab.. I wonder why.

After a nice lecture from my dad , I was on the PC again. This was was where my world of Habbo Retros started. I was so addicted to it , I ventured the world of Habbo Retros and started making my own. I spent months learning how to . I first made my own working Habbo Retro using Uber EMU and Uber CMS on localhost . It worked! I was thrilled. So , thus began my Habbo Retro developing life . I started to know about Phoenix EMU and sojobo's forum. I spent my time on that forum till the end of Phoenix. Learned all I neede to know about Habbo Retros that it came to a point where I had the knowledge to help other users. So when Phoenix ended , sojobo's forum lacked users from Habbo , I had no more reason to be there , so I searched on google for other forums and came to know about RageZone.

I knew about RageZone before that , but never dared to join because I wasn't ready , I was afraid that I wouldn't be accepted since I would be new and I knew nothing about how the forum worked. So when RageZone came up on my google search , I registered , but never posted anything but only looked around, I just didn't dare until one day I felt like the need to post, so I did. It was around 2012 at the time.

This is how I am here now. My account is all about Habbo Retros..

If my account is about Habbo Retros then why am I applying World of Kung Fu?

I was on youtube. I was going through some walkthrough of MMOPRG games and I came across World Of Kung Fu. I liked the way of the game. Maybe because I'm fond of fantasy and medieval stories. So I wondered if RageZone had a section for this game and it did. However when I went through the section , I was beyond sad that it seemed to be so isolated. Last activity from the section was 4 weeks ago. So I decided , to make a start up. To boost back the section. Overall , I just want to do something new for a change after years of just dwelling in about Habbo Retros.

Have I ever been inactive?

Yes. I have. Last year from month of May , till this year February. I have a good reason to it. In Malaysia , every 17 year old who is studying in a Government School is to take an exam called SPM ( Malaysian Education Certificate ) So I had to make myself inactive , just to study and it went quite well , I managed to score a total of 6 A's and 3 B's . Right now I'm pursuing my studies in a college called Segi College. I would have joined back in the month of Novermber last year , but I couldn't because after the exam , I was selected to join the National Service in my country. 3 months of no computer and handphone. Just a m16 rifle and stinky army uniform.
:closedeyes:

Do I have the time now? Can I dedicate enough time?

I'm staying in my college hostel. My classes are 5 times a week. 4 hours a day.I can stay online RageZone 10-15 hours a day , more during weekends. I'm sure I have much the time needed to be dedicated. Even during exam period. Especially when I'm fond of this game. I give my word.

Have I made any contributions to the section I'm applying for?

I'm going to be completely honest. I don't think so. From my personal release , no I haven't. So Far what I have done is just make an archive thread

https://forum.ragezone.com/f467/archieve-world-kung-fu-releases-1071132/

And just let the remaining people know where they could continue playing this game

https://forum.ragezone.com/f467/world-kung-fu-3d-chinese-1071121/

I don't consider them to be contributions from my side of view and if you agree with me , I understand why. However , I will try my best to provide anything that is possible to be contributed , in order to revive the section.

Any previous experience?

Honestly, I've not been a moderator on any other forum. However I have made my own forum on localhost using Xenforo. You could say I have a basic understanding. I am willing to learn.

Do I have infractions?
Yes I have two expired infractions

bzPqkke.png

Lastly ,

What negative feedback I see from myself?

What I can see is that , I don't have much experience with World Of Kung Fu. All I understand is that World Of Kung Fu is ran by a private server and that it's an MMPORG game. It's a fast paced game set in an alternate version of medieval China. Also the fact that the game is dying , unfortunately.

What will I do to improve myself?

Take my story about Habbo Retros into consideration. I wouldn't be able to help users if I didn't take the liberty to learn. Therefore I will apply the same concept with WOKF. I will dedicate my time to learn about the game and be able to help users. I will try to grab the basic understanding about the game and how it works.

With that , I end my application. I hope you would take the courtesy to read through my application :) I'm prepared for any feedback you have to give , do point out my weakness that you see in me, as I can see mine in myself.Still , I chose to roll the dice and take the chance. What comes next , is up to your choice. With best regards,

Thank you :blush:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed reading your application, I won't lie. The only criticism I would have (but this may be completely wrong) is that the section doesn't seem like your forte and you've only posted a few times.. Maybe wait a few weeks before applying to make sure you fully understand this game along with the facts you may need to know before Moderating?

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. (It also works in your favour they're looking for a Moderator)

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed reading your application, I won't lie. The only criticism I would have (but this may be completely wrong) is that the section doesn't seem like your forte and you've only posted a few times.. Maybe wait a few weeks before applying to make sure you fully understand this game along with the facts you may need to know before Moderating?

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. (It also works in your favour they're looking for a Moderator)

It isn't wrong at all bro , haha. You could say that I've just dwelled into this world :) I'm taking your advice into consideration , thanks for your feedback :thumbup1:

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I always liked Vaulient. He has had helped me a few times sorting a few things out in Habbo SWF. I've talked loads of times with him on skype/fb, and always seemed a decent person for me, and responsible. And I loved his app aswell.

I vouch yes for Vaulient!

Much love brother <3 Thank you :)

Yes for Vaulient!:love:
Thank you , Sir Jamal :D
Aye Application looks nice, from a quick read i will vouch :)
Haha , it was an hour trying to piece my story together :p Thank you ^^
:love: Oh I love a good story. Your application is solid and you seem like a hard working individual.

Vouch.

I'm am glad to have your trust , Shoelace. Thank you :)

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Update :

I've noticed World Of Kung Fu to be really inactive , however I'm keeping it as active as possible.

I am trying to spread the word about the section of World Of Kung Fu in other places ( Note : No where near any rival forums. I keep this private. )

ifuqtF1.png

So far I already understand how the game works , and I have the basic understanding of this game already. I will keep this thread updated , however not constantly as it may be considered to be as spam.

Thank you :)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Damn scammers, reminds me of smth...

Anyw. nice application! Vouch from me :thumbup1:

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Damn scammers, reminds me of smth...

Anyw. nice application! Vouch from me :thumbup1:
Thank you , FutureAR :)

And yes , it musn't have been good eyh .. I know that feeling bro. Lesson learned.

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes for Vaulient!

He is really a very very nice guy! :)

+1 for Vaulient, great guy and I think he'll fit the role nicely while he learns WOKF, :).

Thanks guys :) I appreciate your support . Much love <3

Update :

Today , I browsed through WOKF and I must say , I noticed the number of guests visiting the section has increased from 1 (which I noticed yesterday and that 1 guy was me) to 15 (guests though), today! Probably it's because of that facebook group, which i posted a new status today for them to check out the section.

However so , I still notice lack of activity in the section. I'm also having doubts if the section even needs a moderator anymore but have noticed a thread made by Detox saying a moderator is needed which ended with ChewBecca leaving a comment saying they were still hiring a moderator.

If the section is really inactive , I would still volunteer to be a mod in a different section . I don't plan on limiting myself to WOKF only when I have so much time on my hands :) I will do my best to help out. :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys :) I appreciate your support . Much love <3

Update :

Today , I browsed through WOKF and I must say , I noticed the number of guests visiting the section has increased from 1 (which I noticed yesterday and that 1 guy was me) to 15 (guests though), today! Probably it's because of that facebook group, which i posted a new status today for them to check out the section.

However so , I still notice lack of activity in the section. I'm also having doubts if the section even needs a moderator anymore but have noticed a thread made by Detox saying a moderator is needed which ended with ChewBecca leaving a comment saying they were still hiring a moderator.

If the section is really inactive , I would still volunteer to be a mod in a different section . I don't plan on limiting myself to WOKF only when I have so much time on my hands :) I will do my best to help out. :)

if the section didn't need a mod, then there wouldn't be an advert for a mod for the section...

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if the section didn't need a mod, then there wouldn't be an advert for a mod for the section...
I'm sorry , you misunderstood me , I mean to say it was a doubt that I was having because the comment was 3 months ago and no update since then . I didn't mean to say the section doesn't need a moderator . I am still applying for it :)

with regards , thank you.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sorry , you misunderstood me , I mean to say it was a doubt that I was having because the comment was 3 months ago and no update since then . I didn't mean to say the section doesn't need a moderator . I am still applying for it :)

with regards , thank you.

If there is a thread there, no matter if it gets bumped or not it still holds the same value :):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back