Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Runes of Magic] - Moderator Application

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Applying For: Runes of Magic

Section Experience:

Was involved heavily during the initial 4.0 leak, wrote a noob-friendly setup guide for the server
(https://forum.ragezone.com/f886/guide-server-client-installation-setup-1019058/ I replaced it with a redirect to a more recent guide due to its status as a sticky, the original text is in the spoiler below), I watch the main 'help' and 'release' threads and offer help and feedback on issues when I see them come up.
Note 1: This guide assumes you are using Win7 and installing to the C:\ Drive (recommended)
Note 2: I cannot mirror any files, sorry

Software used: Microsoft SQL Server, WinRAR/7zip, any software which can read .doc files, notepad++

UPDATED WITH NEW INFO, SIMPLIFIED STEPS, AND NEW LINKS. If I missed any required files please post in this thread.

Step One: Create the folder C:\Runewaker and create the following folders in it:
Code:
Tools
Server
Client
Resource
RA Server Monitor
RA Server Controller

Step Two: Install Microsoft SQL server (I recommend version 2012). Make sure you install the x86 version even if you are running 64-bit Windows.

Step Three: Download the Server Files:
Server:
Tools:
Document:

Step Four: Download the databases:

Step Five: Using the SQL Server management studio create the account "romuser" and set a password at least 6 characters long. Grant this user all privileges and use it to restore the database backups from step 5.

Step Six: Extract Server.7z to C:/runewaker/server. Most of the inis are per-configured but you'll need to make sure that you sync it with your computer (see step 8).

Step Seven: Unpack Tools.7z to C:\runewaker\tools. Run the RAServermonitor and RAServercontroller setup files and install to the folders you already created.

Step Eight: Follow the instructions in Installing Step.doc. When you get to the encryption key step execute ["C:\Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Service\Realm_01_Service\playercenter.exe" "playercenter.ini"] in CMD. Leave the window with the code open. Run RAPasswordEncode.exe in Tools and enter that code as the password with user "runewaker" Insert the code generated into the inis. Then enter your db username and password into RAPassword encode and replace the 'password' code in ALL .ini files in the subfolders of C:\runewaker\server. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. Replace all 'outside ip' instances with your LAN ip.

Step Nine: Open the RAServerController.ini files found in:
Code:
C:\Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Zone\ServerController
C:\Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Service\ServerController
C:\Runewaker\Server\Realm_01_Common\ServerController
Merge them into one file. Replace all paths and filenames with the correct ones from the C:\runewaker\server directory. Replace "GS5" with "Realm_01". Save this file as "C:\Runewaker\RA Server Controller\RAServerController.ini".
Unpack the Luascripts.rar file from here to C:\Runewaker\resource\ and add the following to each global.ini:
Code:
LuaPath              = "C:\Runewaker\Resource\LuaScript"
IsLoadfdbLuaScript         = 0
IsLoadTxtLuaScript        = 1

Step 10: Download the 4.0.0 client from here: (click the big green "pobierz" button on the first page and on the one it loads). Install it to C:\runewaker\client

Step 11: Patch the client to version 4.0.6.2470. You can do this via the launcher or by downloading each patch from here:

Step 12: Copy the FDB and WDB folders from C:\runewaker\client to C:\runewaker\resource

Step 13: Execute the command:
Code:
"INSERT INTO [ROM_Account].[dbo].[PlayerAccount]
([Account_ID]
,[Password]
,[IsMd5Password]
,[IsAutoConvertMd5]
)
VALUES
('accountname'
,'password'
)
GO "
in your SQL Server Manager. (change 'accountname' and 'password' to your desired login)

Step 14: Start the RA Server Controller: Open services.msc and scroll down to RAServerController. Right Click and hit start.

Step 15: Start the Server: Open RA Server Monitor. Start the common section then the services section. Start the zones you want.

Step 16: Edit RuneDev.ini in your client folder so that the IP is your LAN IP and the port is 21002. Make this file Read Only

Step 17: Create a shortcut to client.exe. Add NoCheckVersion to the shortcut. If the game opens without the launcher opening, you did this correctly.

Step: 18: Login and play!
Bonus: GM Addons here:

Experience:

I have manually setup each leaked version of the server (4.0, 5.0, 6.0) and currently maintain a 6.0 server on LAN with which I can test issues. Outside of RoM I worked on the Star Trek Online repack with SanGawku and DNC, and I am active in the Allods Online section.

Why should I be considered for moderating the section:

I have experience with the Runes server, a willingness to assist new users with problems even if they are problems which have been dealt with before. In addition I feel the section is somewhat in dire need of an active moderator due to frequent thread derailments and user harassment, a role I can provide as I am on Ragezone virtually every day.

Thank you for considering this application

Back