Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Connecting to ODBC

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Useless.
Just create a data source, and edit GDBC.xlt with something like
Code:
	[DBCONN]
0	barbecueasstastic
Obviously replace barbecueasstastic with your data source name.
Oh, if you're using a non-nt authentication system, make it something like
Code:
	[DBCONN]
0	barbecueasstastic
1	username
2	password
Oh yeah, you can login without DriftDetour.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yes, DriftDetour was created before I managed to fix the ODBC. Regarding your protocol question, the only changes are on the lobby/game/area server.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you explain a bit further? I tried doing pretty much everything currently possible, and I'm under the impression that I have a proper client, but improper settings.
I was starting to think that I should circumvent the whole process and write my own hook to return fake values of the "verify character" phase and whatnot, but that would really ruin the whole purpose of the server, wouldn't it? >_>

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If you are getting wrong character list/character verification results, you have the wrong client. I currently have an open beta tw client which returns the right character list and has the ability to delete chars and whatnot, but it seems to crash on the going ingame phase, during map loading...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you are getting wrong character list/character verification results, you have the wrong client. I currently have an open beta tw client which returns the right character list and has the ability to delete chars and whatnot, but it seems to crash on the going ingame phase, during map loading...

In that case, share an installer bro -.-

Back