Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DC Client HELP!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now I need help:huh:

Fyyre's Tutorial. What do you use it with???
Which program do you use? Ollydbg? Hexeditor?
I have DC TW 0.05 (WWWWWWW's post)
Some help would be nice. Probably some pictures?
I get why you guys wont put out the files because of leechers, but all I'm asking for is help.
I have everything. I just need some help.
Literally spend Months on this

"Well we spent years. Thats nothing."
To you its nothing but to me its something.

"Well what did you do to try to contribute?"
Nothing. I tried to do stuff in all programs that can edit DriftCity.exe. The closest I ever gotten was with Ollydbg. I saw Sheen_BR's post and he was in Olly, Only he used DriftCity_dump.exe, which I assume that file is where Fyyre's Tutorial comes into play. How do you get that file? Because it's not in DriftCity folder of anywhere else. Do you have to use userdump.exe?

Sorry if it's alot of questions but I'm trying to help my friend Tabuu (not SSBB) make a private server for Drift City.
What I found in ollydbg so far:
N1der5 - DC Client HELP!! - RaGEZONE Forums

N1der5 - DC Client HELP!! - RaGEZONE Forums

I'd appreciate any help you guys would give me.
Thanks guys

N1der5

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What even is the question here?
There aren't any active modifications on your pictures, what have you spent months on?

You can't make any significant edits to the runnable before you've unpacked it, which is a complex process by itself.
The _dump version is probably just the unpacked version of that client.

Reaction score
What even is the question here?
There aren't any active modifications on your pictures, what have you spent months on?

You can't make any significant edits to the runnable before you've unpacked it, which is a complex process by itself.
The _dump version is probably just the unpacked version of that client.

afaik it's not that complex, depends on what packer they used.
There are programs that can automatically detect which packer was used, once you know which one, you run a script that automatically unpacks it, fixing broken subs, jumping game guard/anhlab addresses.
If there's any virtualization, you're fucked lol.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
afaik it's not that complex, depends on what packer they used.
There are programs that can automatically detect which packer was used, once you know which one, you run a script that automatically unpacks it, fixing broken subs, jumping game guard/anhlab addresses.
If there's any virtualization, you're fucked lol.

It's ASProtect and the automatic unpackers only seem to work on certain revisions of the client.
I tried one on this version and it didn't work, so you'd have to do it manually or fix it up a little to get the unpacker to work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I had to unpack the damn client to make significant edits?
Well then guys, you are all invited to my funeral. It starts at 8:00 and its on Death Ave. Buried Alive? No. I have my gun right next to me as im typing.

So basically, Ive done absolutely nothing but look at the packed files. Im a real dumbass.

Well before I light all my stuff on fire and kill myself, did u guys know that GC DC Will close down tomorrow?
If you did, will cosmos bring back EC?
Also If you did, then I will officially run my self over.
Cuz the world needs to be rid of stupid people like me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Damn thay was a quick reply.
Looks like i didnt look there.

Tks guys

Back