Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DCNC Help

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
2017-07-17 00:35 [Error] - Unable to open database connection. (Authentication to host '127.0.0.1' for user 'root' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES))

^^
I got up to there.
Looked in the database.conf and found the username and password.

Host: localhost
Port: 3306
User: root
Pass: usbw
Database: dcmm

I have changed the host and the port to my ip address
How would I get past this? Do I have to enter the password in MySQL, or somewhere? Do I have to somehow remove the password?

Thanks in advance!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Your mysql password is invalid.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Alright. Ill look into that. Thanks!

EDIT:
I'm still trying to fix it, but it doesn't look like my password is invalid, since I can access MySQL with the same password I've been using.

If you have anymore suggestions, I'll try them. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
:glare: to all of you who're trying to use "Drift City Neo City" (Thanks for that BUT) and have problems:

Open an issue at the repository: and the author (aka ME) will help you as fast as I can.

To overwrite the default config you've to create a folder structure:
/user/conf/
And put a database.conf in there. (Modifying the system configs IS NOT RECOMMENDED!)
Then change the host, username and password appropriately.

So you're using
root as username and usbw as password in your database?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I did not even think about that!
Damn, man. Thanks!

If I have any more problems, I'll post them in the issues spot. My bad for not doing it in the first place.

Thank you so much!

Back